1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B847 - Shark noms, Balance Tweaks, Map Changes, Installers and More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Was it overpowered or not, mounted bow really steps on the lawn of archers, doing the whole spamming thing way more efficiently as well. What if we had a vehicle that shoots bombs way further away than knight, also exploding on impact, and the ability to do melee?

oh wait we do..

Contrary likes this.
  2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Vehicle that could be loaded with bombs which is mortar basically, but ballista already does it the only difference is the range that makes ballista with explosive ammo act like artillery which is always such an overkill especially with so much ammo, it's the ballista wars that turn maps into wasteland, kegs feel obsolete next to it.

3. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

we don't. and for god sake mounted bows are not that op. archers can shoot way further than mounted bow.
    Person who sits in the MB is very vulnerable, one bomb right in the face and both MB and the player who was shooting are dead.
    bombjump put shield down and reflect one arrow take one heart of damage from falldamage and stab the shooter to death.
    Bombjump kill the shooter and take over the MB and spam kill enemies( now it is even useful, free MB on the enemy base. + if you see that enemies are pushing forward just destroy it with a bomb. And archers nothing is restricting you from changing to knight an destroy MB in to pieces

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Someone please get Tahier or someone similarly dedicated to camping to bully NKking with the mounted bow until he sees reason here.
    We'll look into the ballista raping the terrain at a later date, new devblog post incoming, buckle your pants (???).

5. GangstaWarlock

GangstaWarlock Builder Stabber

I think that boat/player physics in collisions need to have much less damage and force. Getting killed while capturing a boat because your foolish teammate starts rowing and you collide with the inside of the enemy boat is frustrating, and even worse is attempting to board a friendly boat for a raid and getting thrown across a quarter of the map (harmlessly) because the boat turns around.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Contrary like this.
  6. Monsteri

yeah do you see a problem here

7. NKking

Yes. I meant if you desperately want to destroy MB, go knight.
    If you want to destroy it an archer just aim better.

I made that specifically for you Monsteri.
    1) A point where MB arrow self destructs.
    2) A point from where it is just enough to reach the MB (far enough to notice a knight running towards you).
    3) You can see that arrows reached their target + approximate arrow trajectory. Of course the higher the bow the harder it is to destroy it. ( I think you are capable of adjusting the arrow trajectory to the different mounted bow positions.)
    1.png

8. Monsteri

[​IMG]
    do you even know how stupid you sometimes are

Guitarman likes this.
  9. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

NKking, nobody cares about it really, in the heat of battle there is no time to look for some hidden mounted bows, especially if you have a lot of newbie players on your team that pay little to no attention as they are not used to how things work, this thing is annoying especially when there is very little players who know how to evade the mounted bow and they all die to some slacker builder who sits on this all round, this thing does not simply work in 2.5D game if you would put this in a 3D game this would change things a lot as you would have many angles to attack it from.

10. NKking

Also we went to a completely different problem.

All started with mounted bow should not be removed but should be fixed(nerfed)

11. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

We have the technology
    [​IMG]

12. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Even Getis says it is an issue, and asks for the community to show you the issue!
    Besides, it doesn't matter if the mounted bow is hard to find, you can easily shield it with a double layer of directional platforms, and dedicate multiple workshops to mounted bow production in another hall, and now you have a ridiculous wall of arrows that is as impenetrable as the team supplies it from Supply Depots.

I would really like to try the whole Mini-Ballista/Scorpio/Polybolos idea since it seems less capable of outright dominating the field because of the rate of fire, but still allows the ability to shoot something mean.
    I don't know, maybe that thought is redundant, but the Mounted Bow is still a silly thing that can literally lock down a large portion of the midlands.

I like the fact that people can climb on Ballistae Warheads. Probably not the explosive warheads.

LostPix likes this.