1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bad ping advantage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by epsilon, Jan 25, 2017.

Tags:
?

Does bad ping give you an advantage or a disadvantage?

1. Advantage

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Disadvantage

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. A bit of both / neither

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Recently every night I've been playing on EU and US servers and people have mentioned that I'm good (not to brag ::P:) and that I'm 'abusing ping'. Generally the people who say it are tilted and mad though.

Do you guys think that bad ping gives you an advantage?

Imo bad ping is a disadvantage because you need to predict where the enemy will be and slash one second earlier. The only advantage with bad ping is that you are able to do awesome bomb jumps by spamming space to light 2-3 bombs at the same time which is not possible with 33 ping.

2. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

High ping is awesome when you're a builder. You can abuse a lot of bugs and teleport through buildings.
    You can also use it to build floating blocks.

But when you're archer or knight it's a huge disadvantage.

Magmus likes this.
  3. RedOTheWisp

RedOTheWisp Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

In most cases, it is a noticeable disadvantage, with it almost never being advantageous for archers and being helpful to a very small number of knights, however, I do sometimes notice builders utilising the ping.

asger75, Magmus and joshua12131415 like this.
  4. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Having high ass ping is an advantage i don't care what no one says. It also can have some slight disadvantages as well.
    * Teleporting knights that don't fucking die due to jabs, slashes,and shielding not registering correctly.
    * Knight bombs that go through dirt killing undergroud players that the bomb shouldn't normally kill.
    * Magic Arrows that kill you out of damn nowhere
    * Classes phasing through objects that normally shouldn't a lot more than normal.
    * Broken attack animations that can last a good while due to the persons shit ping.

I think one of the only disadvantages of high ping is not being able to bomb jump properly and bombs that sometimes glitch out that do no damage. Placing objects as a builder can also feel like a nightmare from hell.

joshua12131415 likes this.
  5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I'm pretty sure this only occurs if the server is struggling.
    Pfft have you ever tried to bomb jump with bad ping? Spam space, shield downwards and you get blasted into space! I've managed to do double bomb jumps in mid air with bad ping but it's a bit difficult to time.

6. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I played on the aus servers a couple weeks ago and was suprised to see even with my 400 ping I was still at the top of the leaderboard, since when did everyone get so trash.

7. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

There is a sweet spot for ping advantages too high and you cant do anything too low and its just normal.

:dance: For knight you get teleporting around and some hits on their screen don't work but if its in the sweet spot you can have a bit of an advantage.
    :builder: For builder if its too much you have to wait 1-2 seconds for blocks to be placed/selected.
    :archer: Archer isn't too bad except all the other players are teleporting around on your screen so it's hard to aim.
    :bomb: And for bombjumps I used to use a macro on my mouse that did "2222" (I have my light bomb set to 2) and whenever I lagged it would place all the bombs I had but spamming spacebar works the same.
    :door: And then there's if you're in a lagspike and doors are placed in said lagspike the doors will render but the player will not interact with them (so you can walk through enemy doors/your doors won't animate).

~ The Lagger
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 26, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 26, 2017 ---
    You shouldn't abuse those... you could get in trouble cough moshermadnes cough

Magmus likes this.
  8. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

when ping is high, you jab the living crap out of anyone.

asger75 and Magmus like this.