1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bad players from losing team voting off winning team...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoutz, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Scoutz

Scoutz Guest

I have been on about 3 servers now where i am the leading scorer on a team, have farmed the most gold, helped build a castle, working with my team, doing everything im supposed to do. Then boom, "You have been kicked from the server" and i see in the chat log, "vote pass to kick Scoutz"... Now, i know this isnt my team... I have also been in games where a team is getting dominated, but there are like 5 stupid people on the winning team getting griefed by the good players on the winning team. Those bad players will say "im going to kick you" switch to the losing team, and vote to kick several of the good players off the winning team. This is a PVP game, you cant just let people switch teams whenever they want, or kick players from the other team... Its literally happened the last 3 games i have been in, so this needs to get fixed, it makes me not want to play if i just get kicked if i play well....

2. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I've never once seen this happen.
    There might be a group of griefers swinging the vote?

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Wow that's brutal. Not much you can do about that, though.

Maybe it's only a few people trying to vote you off for being good and the rest press F12 reflexively? I always make sure to ask why a guy is getting the boot before hitting Yes.

4. Ceical

Ceical Guest

I was doing exceptionally well. I was like 90 and 40 or somewhere around that k/d. People got upset and voted to kick me. I couldn't explain to my team fast enough before they smash kick.

5. Vania

Vania Guest

Team switching should be limited to once per match.

What is the default for the vote? YES or NO?

6. nginferno

nginferno Guest

like, i dont really care about team switching. But the kicking thing, thats important. Once, i've been screwed by noobs on the other team cuz i did what i did best, by sabotaging the hell out of their catas and stairs. There needs to be a better vote system.

edit: FREAKIN HELL GOT VOTED OFF BY NOOBS SAYING I HACK. ITS A STUPID ACCELERATION BUG AND I NEVER HACK.

7. miaow

miaow Guest

I got kicked out of a game just now and I have no idea why. I think there needs to be a reason for getting someone kicked.

8. nginferno

nginferno Guest

i believe you saw me get kicked.

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I got kicked yesterday as soon as I joined the game - 2 players were taking over a server, kicking everyone as soon as they join.

Anyway, idea for kinda fixing votekicking - add server-side option for how many % are needed to let a vote pass (if it isn't already there). One would change it to his own preferences.

10. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I don't know how to prevent this. Vote pass percent can be lifted but that also is good for abusers.
    Server config is in dedicated_autoconfig.gm
    global g_kickvote_percent = 33;

Adding a typed vote reason would also be better.

11. Scoutz

Scoutz Guest

Maybe if it could require 75% of the game to vote to get people to leave, so the entire team the person is getting kicked from has to vote them off, plus the other team who has been explained the situation/seen the problem, is needed to kick someone from the game, not 33%

12. Kelaisnow

Kelaisnow Guest

That would require a lot of compliance

13. Gumball135

Gumball135 Guest

Yeah, this has happened to me before. Some griefer told everyone that I'd been taking gold to the other team's base; I only noticed this after being kicked.
    Not sure if there's a good solution. Maybe get rid of any possibilities of griefing (gold bag can't be taken by a team member more than a certain distance from the spawn, or something along those lines), then place more power in the hands of admins.

14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I've actually changed value for passing a vote to 70%. Donno if it changed anything...
    I know for sure that
    Code:
    global g_vote_time = 30; // How long (in seconds) does the voting take place.
    isn't working for sure because as you can see I changed that value to 30 seconds but in-game it still shows 60 sec.

15. Spiff

Spiff Guest

This happened to me once and also my brother. Most people will vote yes on a kick if they see it pop up, since they assume that the person did something wrong.

16. Vania

Vania Guest

This is probably a bad idea but,
    how about only the closest 5 teammates to the offending player get to vote?

That way voters are more likely to know why the player is being kicked.

17. Forgotton

Forgotton Guest

I have had this happen to me once. I was doing much better in KD then any of my teammates and someone started a vote on me. Luckily it got declined. But that was the basis for trying to kick me.

How about if someone initiates a vote and it fails, they get kicked. This would require the person to actually communicate the reason to his team before initiating it and thus give the accused time to defend their actions.

18. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

That really isn't a good idea, because you will have many a situation where the vote-kick was justified but was failed to be received by the majority, who may be too busy intensely playing, or who choose to simply ignore the vote.Then what happens is you get kicked for making a valid vote-kick and banned for an hour.

19. Forgotton

Forgotton Guest

Perhaps I should have clarified, if it fails from voting. Not if it fails from not enough votes.

20. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I'm not quite sure what you mean? How can a vote fail any other way? I meant if people press f11 too.