1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bad vote kick system.

Discussion in 'Help' started by arnold, May 28, 2016.

?

good idea or bad idea?

Poll closed May 31, 2016.
  1. Idea is terrable!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Idea is good!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Potato

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. arnold

arnold Catapult Fodder

Played on zombie defense server and an idiot griefed and people banned me because I won by destroying the zombie portals. when I asked why the only response was from the one that started the vote. The purpose of the post is to request a fix to vote systems to prevent innocent people form being banned by griefers because no one knows what the vote is about. making a trust system where if someone has been a good player a vote against would require more vote in favor then someone who has a past of being a greifer would. This would work because trust would add as people play and trust is lost if someone griefs but will regenerate as they play. everyone should start with a neutral amount of trust. Idk how the current vote system works but I assume it is based on majority rule resulting with false accusations being overlooked and passed.

2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Your idea looks good on paper but I don't see it working elsewhere. I also don't see it possible to have it implemented. The reason it wouldn't work is that lot's of long time players also grief and spam and be cancerous. Allowing them to negate vote kicks started against them just because they've played for a longer time is ridiculous, and I can see it encouraging counter kicks which considering people blindly hit O to all votes, would make the issue of false vote kicks even worse. I have probably played for about 600 hours without griefing or spamming whatsoever, I shouldn't get special vote treatment. What if I went on a griefing rampage? People wouldn't be able to kick me because i'm supposedly "Trustworthy" and if they didn't report me, nobody would know what happened. And i'd still have that high percentage advantage, which isn't fair. Raising percentages also won't work as there are also people who will always blindly hit P to all votes, which can allow a griefer to run rampant.

If your computer is powerful enough, you should try recording any activity in KAG. Then if you're false kicked just report the guy in the griefer report section with your video that you took, which can get them banned for a little while and under the attention of devs/admins. I think the vote kick system could potentially use a little work, but not in this way. And honestly the vote kick system doesn't give me too many problems. All you have to do is play nicely, be respectful, and record or take screenshots of anybody doing anything like griefing. You're less likely to get false kicked and more likely to get griefers banned, and to help out the community.

Could you provide a chatlog of that match? It'd be nice to see the person that kicked you and why they kicked you. Also, could you change the title to "A trust system for vote kicking"? or something similiar? Would be much less vague. Hope you don't get falsely accused again man.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey