1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Banning Premium Griefers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidar, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

I don't know if this has been discussed yet. It's becoming more of a problem and obviously cripples the experience. Thoughts or suggestions?

2. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

What about the regular griefers? :B):

3. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

Well, if you have a problem with some premium users, report them, there is relevant mods and threads for that. My thoughts is that there is no unfair defense that makes it legal for premiums to troll, and my suggestion is you report them, preferably with screenshots of the deed.

4. Mathewson

Mathewson Shopkeep Stealer

just report them, they lose their goldstatus and money. this was allready discussed

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes please report them with relevant proof (screens, videos, logs, etc) and they will be banned just like everyone else. Premium players do not get special treatment.

6. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I've never actually seen or heard of a premium player abusing the game.

7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I've seen some borderline griefers, who I kicked after they tried to troll me, who were premium.

Noburu likes this.
  8. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've seen one guy, on the premium server. I think he's permabanned now though. What a waste of 10 dollars.

Mathewson likes this.
  9. Noburu

Yeah I love how some people proceed to troll you when they could have just quit and kept playing but instead its like they are asking to be booted.

I have a lot of family in law enforcement and they say its crazy how many people CHOOSE to get ticketed by either blatantly lying, being uncooperative, a dick, or all of the above. Most times, if they would just be honest, polite and cooperate they wouldnt get jack.

10. Wonkyth

Yeah, despite the fact that I'm consciously expecting that kind of behavior, it still catches me off-guard by how obtuse people can be. =P

11. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

Its worse enough they paid 10 bucks for 2 minutes to act a RETARD.
    Report them and move on, make them pay another 10 bucks if they really feel so, :B):

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I have to wonder though, why can't we kick premiums? Or used to not be able to, I don't show up as gold anymore (but I'm still premium), so I wonder if that's changed

13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Because it's a premium perk, show your dedication to the game by paying for it and you can't be kicked by the mob. You can still be kicked by the mods and server owners though.

14. Wonkyth

Perhaps making it so that other gold members can kick you would be good?

ComboBreaker and Wixmef like this.
  15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I rarely run into gold people griefing, but yeah it would be nice, because when no mods are on, what are you supposed to do other than leave if the guy is being an A-hole and no one can kick him?

(Also the problem with me not showing gold seems to be fixed, was either just that server or what also caused me to show up as Unnamed Player for a few sessions)

Neat likes this.
  16. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

banning premium forever is harsh.
    i think the max premium ban should be 2-3 weeks

Klokinator and baranok like this.
  17. Noburu

Premium and free players should have to follow the same set of rules.

Serolfic, Klokinator and Vivicus like this.
  18. Neat

Premiums should get the same ban lengths like it is now

The only thing that would be different is non-premiums shouldn't be able to kick them like it is now.

After all, imagine paying for the game and suddenly a wild non-payer appears and starts getting people to tab kick you for no reason and then reports you on the forums.

If a premium payer does that he risks losing his money and account, so again it's unlikely to happen.

19. Metal_Webb

Metal_Webb Shipwright

You grief, you be an asshat, you get banned. Simple as that. Just because you paid for something doesn't mean you get a free ticket to do whatever you want.

20. Neat

Wasn't suggesting that. Premiums should be able to kick other premiums and mods can kick them all. If a premium gets reported it makes no difference whether they are a premium or not. If they do something bad they'll be punished all the same.