1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Banning Premium Griefers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidar, Nov 9, 2011.

1. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Brilliant idea.

Seriously, premium griefers can be a big problem. I experienced this few times and it was a pain that whole team just couldn't mark him and remove this shithead from the server. C'mon, why kicking disabled? It is just a temporary ban, but very useful to finish the game without wasting your nerves.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Massive Necro...

Anyways, as far as Premium Griefers go, do either 1 of two things.

Get a guard by going to irc and using !guard. Then tell us the name of the person and the server. (not always the best option as when the guard gets there, the griefer may have stop/left and will be unable to do anything as guards can't kick people they don't see griefing)

Best option: Get proof (couple of screen caps and logs or get a video) and post here: http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/report-abusive-players-griefers-hackers.473/

The issue with kicking Premiums is that they have paid for the game and as such have more of a privilege. That said, while they may premium, they still aren't allowed to break rules and can be banned for it.

Noburu likes this.
  3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yyeah although I do think premiums should be able to kick other premiums, there's going to be much more premium servers now and it'll get annoying if you can't kick any of the douches.

HardPenguin and BlueLuigi like this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If I get a griefer while not admin during a long match of zombies I might seriously fucking kill someone irl if I can't kick him by votes

Noburu likes this.
  5. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Saw once griefer called S3rgy(something like a that).
    Only acted like a di...dumb person and said: Nah, im rich. When i get banned i buy another premium.
    How people can be di...dumb ._.

6. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

We both know how good does that work. First problem - no guard around for hour or two (happens all the time). Second problem - guard cannot enter the full server. Third problem - until guard can confirm, is Mr. Griefer actually a griefer, Mr. Griefer manages to run away.

Not a solution at all! Maybe in overall the community benefits from tracking the insect and removing him but in the very moment, when you just want to remove this buddy from one, exact CTF game and finish it without problems. Priviledges for premiums disallowing to votekick is a bullshit. If he's premium he needs to be aware what he is doing cause he can easily lose his account.

Noburu, Pizza and BlueLuigi like this.
  7. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

if premiums get perma banned i think they should at lest get 75% of their money back.

8. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Why? If they get permabanned it means they've been either hacking or repeatedly griefing a lot.

BlueLuigi and Noburu like this.
  9. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

No way, if someone acts like a total dick they get what they deserve, you don't always have a right to a refund, if you went round grieving people at a theme park I'm not sure you'd be entitled to a refund when you'd been kicked out for acting like a dick. I'm sure plenty of games have that policy, and we should too.

10. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

I really wish there was a DISlike button, this would absolutly get over 9000, no joke, people would easily pay 2.50 to greif again, cuz they have nothing better to do, when you get premium, you know your not allowed to do stuff like that, if anything i would IP Ban people ruining the game on a premium account more than once.

Serolfic and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  11. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

What is more, we're not talking here about permabanning, but votekicking...

12. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Golds should be able to mark golds, IMO.

13. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Definitely needs to be a system for getting rid of them, there needs to be some recourse when there aren't admin around, only problem is if there's only 2 premiums on a team obviously they shouldn't be able to instantly kick each other.

14. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

Honestly this is a horrible problem I think at least other Premiums can initiate a votekick that'd be ok.

HardPenguin likes this.
  15. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

If a gold voted another gold, he should be kickable for all players.
    I belive thats what Grenze said.

16. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Or just simply remove gold anti-kick.

17. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

Hey that works too.

18. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Chances of Gold Anti-kick being removed is pretty low as it's been said that Gold Members should not be at the whims of free players. Mainly due to the fact that gold members "usually" (key word) don't grief as it'd be a loss in an investment.

That said, I do think gold at the very least, should be able to kick other golds as that will be important for when more gold-only servers are created. I personally like the idea that if 1 gold member initiates a kick vote on another gold member, that would open it up to others as well.

19. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

Either way if it gives me as a gold member a way to kick a gold greifer I'm all for it. I don't like playing in games when either side is losing cause someone is greifing where's the fun and sportsman ship in that.

20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Pffthahaaha, hahahaah, no.

If you get banned, which realistically should ONLY happen for: griefing (not some offending people bullshit, ACTUAL griefing), hacking.

There should never be a reason to give you your money back.
    Now, hey if you want to be one of those stupid rich people who keeps making accounts for 'lulz and guise im griefing hahaha', they should just track your IP but not IP ban, let you make more accounts and ban you when they get bored, so you can have fun repeating it and feeding them money.

Mathewson, FlameHaze3 and Monsteri like this.