1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Lizardheim, Sep 29, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Shopkeep Stealer

It's not really a choice, just something to enable those xboxes without HDDs to play the game at all.

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

PS3 is better than XBox in every way and this game is a clone of Call of Duty!

Let the flaming commence.

3. Lizardheim

PC>PS3>XBOX360

Dice have said so themselves too.

Also contrary you couldn't tell a good game from call of duty if it passed you right under your nose.

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I think he was being ironic.

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I hope you're just saying bf3 on ps3 is better than xbox360, and not just shamefully saying one console is better than another.

6. Contrary

PCs are like PS3s except you have to spend all your time finding drivers and dumb stuff and you have more hackers. Also mouse controls are way too easy and take no skill. XBoxes are likes PS3s except full of 8 year olds who scream into the mic and Xboxes have no good games.

Battlefield is a ripoff of Call of Duty except with more camping and less cool stuff like Tomahawks!

7. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Haxor

Which one would these people rather be: zombies twiddling their thumbs infront of a screen or zombies taping a plastic board infront of a screen?

You cant make games on a console, so that means no mods, no free extra content (most of the time) and those annoying analog sticks! My thumbs are too slow for leetle twiddle'y sticks! I only like consoles for adventure and 3rd person shooter games, first person just doesnt fit into the console universe.

*Edit* Does BF3 have modding tools + over 12 maps and vehicles?

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Turtle google is your friend.
    Modding: not for now afaik, google it.
    Over 12 maps: I don't know. The maps are very big and compatible with every game-mode though
    Vehicles: lol. It's battlefield. Of course there are vehicles

Neat: no he's saying computers are better than consoles and that the PS3 is better than the XBox 360, and that DICE have confirmed that in terms of development comfort and technical capabilities, basically condemning the 360 for its terrible graphical performance (directX 9 wooooo) and no RAM because it's meant that they have to limit player counts on the 360's servers to 24 or something because it just couldn't handle any more with their engine, and the PS3 because it also doesn't have much RAM and compared to any semi-modern computer is leaning towards having crappy graphics hardware too. They've been pushing the whole next gen graphics + physical everything side of things and consoles are just too wimpy technologically to handle it cheerfully.
    Also no preorder? Discount + ability to preload was attractive for me.

Monsteri: He certainly was and Lizard was aware of that afaik. Me, Contrary and Lizardheim have known each other on a different forum for quite a while. Contrary enjoys trolling about consoles all day because people get riled up about it all day.

9. Lizardheim

Cod is a ripoff of battlefield except with less vehicles and dumbed down attachment system!
    Also they totally stole the perks system from bad company 2.

Yeah geti got it right, compared to modern computers both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are anicent.

Also the 360 version drags down the PS3 version, even though they might have been able to have 32 players on ps3.

10. Contrary

I'm not trolling I'm simply spreading truth! It only does everything better than everyone else. I don't know why all of you keep playing with your baby toys.

@Lizard: Nuh uh Call of Duty has tonnes of vehicles! AC130s, Harriers and Gunships! Except it's not like Battlefield where all the noobs can have access to them whenever they want- in CoD only players with SKILL get to have vehicles. See if that was the case in Battlefield they would never get used at all.

Battlefield copied everything like XBox copied everything from PS3! And like the XBox they made it much worse in ever way!

11. Lizardheim

Surely you must mean how the xbox copied the dreamcast?

12. Neat

I'm not bothered about graphics anyway. Graphics junkies annoy me. I mainly have a 360 because I didn't want a wii (lack of games) and ps3 was too expensive at the time (this was ages ago) but I wanted some form of next gen console, so 360 it was. I'm much in preference to retro games over most modern games anyway. Sometimes good graphics actually turn me off to a game, finding much more charm in pixels.

13. Lizardheim

People like you annoy me.

Regardless, BF3 is better on pc not only because of graphics, but because of 64 players.
    You have a whole set of map sizes you simply don't have on console.

AJ likes this.
  14. Neat

Touche.

Though I will agree, PC owns everything, provided you have the right hardware to do the job.

15. Lizardheim

You don't even need the right hardware.
    Minimum requirements for BF3 are pretty damn low, DICE's done a great job with optimizing it.

16. Neat

I meant in general, but that's cool too.

17. Lizardheim

Also you get proper controls.

18. Neat

I was never dissing the PC anyway, merely explaining what console I got compared to the others. I've always been on my PC more.

19. Lizardheim

Never implied you was.

20. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Same here neat, no matter how good the graphics in a game are I usually end up going back to my beloved 2D games but battlefield is just epic in every way possible so its a buy : D

Mods: BlueLuigi