1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Beo's KAG Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Beo, Sep 21, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. justi01

justi01 Haxor

Wouldn't it still be Beo's decision though, even if the admins all voted? But regardless of that i like the voting idea. :)

2. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I'm going to leave it up to Beo. It's his server, so it's his decision.
    As nice as the editor is, it really isn't needed. If it is enabled again, then I think moderators should only be appointed if they have been proven to be trusted, and have the backing of member's known by Beo, or current moderators. Otherwise, I really couldn't care in the slightest; if I can do my job as a moderator without the editor, then why can't everyone else?

Raron likes this.
  3. RaptorAnton

RaptorAnton Horde Gibber

Oh sure it will - I'm just curious, what other mods think. I ever said your votes have any weight on this topic :D

beo is totally the one making decisions here, that's obvious ;)
    ANd I personaly think we should leave everything as it is now =)

justi01 likes this.
  4. Hella

If Beo is the one making desicions, then why are you trying to take them out of his hands and take control of something which did not need someone to take control of it?

Ryu likes this.
  5. RaptorAnton

RaptorAnton Horde Gibber

R U trying to troll me, or what? I already told you I'm just curious to know opinion of other mods. Just for fun and because I'm curious =)

6. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Could anyone tell my why i can't find the server in the list anymore?

7. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Shut down currently....Beo is working on it i belive

8. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

Why do you think the editor got disabled in the first place? As much as it pains me to say, I agree with Raptor (:B):), using it would only make the moderators look like they're advantaging their team.

9. ravenguard19

ravenguard19 Bison Rider

Why we need editor if we can find griefers without it? There is no need of using editor. And tbh. i don't want to hear the lamentation of other team "Stupid admin stop helping blue/red!" :(

10. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

I was suggesting that so we can compose for what ever damage the griefers caused to the team.I was recently in a battle where 1 griefer took most of red defenses and they were powerless under blue attack and got masacared.I feel guilty becouse i didnt find griefer in time.Though i cant help with tracking a griefer i think i should somehow help the griefed team (if the damage is very very big).This is for exeptions and i do belive that usage of editor without a reson should be punished

11. justi01

justi01 Haxor

Real warriors don't need defences! Only skill! :B):
    Seriously though, i think the editor would help with this issue, but i haven't actually seen griefing of this scale happen for maybe a week and a bit, which proves the admins are doing their jobs. And anyway, if something bad like that really happened, i'd happily hop to the other team and help them kick some ass. :D

Froghead48 likes this.
  12. RaptorAnton

RaptorAnton Horde Gibber

You really ARE guilty. The guilt splits between the griefer, the team he griefed, if they didn't manage to draw your attention in time, and, of course, YOU, because you haven't acted fast enough. I mean, you must have noticed him when he got just the first building of theirs - every single collapse makes the whole map shake. When I see ground shaking - I zoom out to check what's wrong, have a quick look at the chat(looking for "Player_name is a griefer!!!"), open the console, make sure who did the collapse, the close the console, find the man and freeze him(if he really is on the side of the team that lost the building). All that takes me less, than a builder would need to destroy two bricks. I'm not boasting, really, I just want to show you how eectly you're supposed to act. How fast.

Froghead48 likes this.
  13. Hella

So, if a moderator doesn't manage to catch a player in the act, he is the guilty one?
    What if you catch the griefer, and kick them, but they've already hacked their way through most of the enemy's wall? Surely it would be fair, under those circumstances, to fix the wall for them, particularly if they are under an attack which would mean the griefing caused the teams downfall?

14. RaptorAnton

RaptorAnton Horde Gibber

Yes, he is. At least, a good mod feels guilty, which makes him act faster next time someone will grief when he's online.
    And don't be such a maximalist - that's just a single round. Not the end of the world, after all.

15. ravenguard19

ravenguard19 Bison Rider

We should have made a list of glitches/bugs that players can use, and these ones that are forbidden. Hearing that i'am a noob admin who uses bugs aren't nice for me :/

16. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Beo said it a while ago

17. WolfosoBastardo

WolfosoBastardo Shark Slayer

Hey, I'd like to apply as in-game moderator - I play on this server a lot, lately, the only server I'm on. I play on the server almost everyday and I'd like to be helpful and make the server even better. I rarely see griefers and similars, but it'd be awesome to remove those rare ones too.
    I've had a lot of moderating/administrating experience before in various 'Source' servers, I'm a developer and a server keeper myself as well.
    So please, consider this apply ;)

18. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

Hello,
    I just had been banned from your server, i don't know why:
    I was playing archer, killing some blue (BWHAAHAHAH) then suddenly i had been disconnected... when i checked the console, it was written : "you are banned on this server"

I'm really confused, i did nothing wrong and if i did, nobody told me.
    Can someone explain why? TO me, you were wrong to ban me!

I hope i'll be unbanned.

Thx.

19. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Most likely a ping ban, which im not sure the length of timeis. try to connect again.

20. justi01

justi01 Haxor

That happened to me, it's probably a ping ban though (lasts about 15 minuites usually) but if it is still going on for a bit, just wait for a server restart for the ban to be removed :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by frog due to lack of page refresh's :D

Mods: jackitch