1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Beo's KAG Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Beo, May 22, 2013.

1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

No problem. Would have done it sooner, but you know.

2. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

Hi Beo, I have a bunch of maps I'd like to um.. show you, for consideration of adding them to your server. I make them for fun, but nobody really seems to use them if I just post them to the resource section.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Very good maps, I recommend them, beo

4. Beo

Beo Bison Rider Tester

All maps added. Let's see how it'll work with servers marked as "modded". If ok i'll add ballons to shop in one of the CTFs.

5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Leo added some new maps few days ago to our 2nd ctf server and sadly people prefers to play on normal, vanilla server :|

6. Persephone

Persephone Shipwright

i was just playing on beo's ctf server 1 and after quite a while 8x was griefing like many others in the server but when he got vote banned, hella unbanned him for no reason and later people are saying why are you vote kicking him again he just griefed the base and then he get a handshake and welcome back no hard feelings i find this weird and hella should be ashamed of himself.

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Ah yes, 8x, that horrible member who has only been around for three years. I believe your word, despite your lack of screenshots, video, or grammar.

8. Persephone

Persephone Shipwright

Well yea was kinda late for that but i saw him griefing many times and well yea when he got unbanned just when he got voted out well yea kinda sad that a moderator will do this.

PS: i know that my grammar kinda sucks :P.

9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I just merged the thread you made with the actual Beo's KAG Servers thread.

I've played with 8x for long enough to trust him when it comes to matters such as this, and I therefore trust his judgement when he says that he didn't grief anything.

I am very ashamed of myself.

10. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

8x has griefed before fyi, banned him a few times from action unlimited in the past for it.

11. Persephone

Persephone Shipwright

he got vote banned for a reason hella.

12. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

yeah, guys, testing mode is on...................

13. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Sorted it, Epenow. <3

I'm sure @8x could explain his point of view in this. The fact remains that 8x is one of the main persons that I've played KAG with since it entered Beta and beyond, and if he had actually been griefing in this instance, then I wouldn't have intervened. I understand he destroyed a tunnel in close proximity to another in order to speed transit to and from the front, from what he told me.

14. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

I did not really say that, but i can understand that people thought my reaction was too harsh (However, I only frozen him few seconds or a min) Here is my point :
    Everyone has a head. So why i had to allow that guy to use a bug to have no head?
    The invisible head gave him an advantage: it helped him to hide (he was archer, and he was harder to see because of the invisible head)..... Since it was not a custom head, but a bug, i simply asked him to show a head.

All the admins, and I, had always forbidden the bug abusing on the beta and on the classic KAG.

EDIT: Perhaps Beo could edit THE FIRST POST of the thread and add some rules?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  15. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

We've dealt with this, why do you have to dig it up again, Medie?

16. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

17. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I'd like to see evidence for this, for I can't really remember but being banned by thebonesauce for constructing things he didn't like, which actually he collapsed while I was still online. It was a long while ago so it's hard to remember for me, but, that's why I can't really confirm it was not an error nor me griefing willingly.

My version of the facts, yesterday at "Beo's CTF":

We had 1 teleport only at base, -it had planks on it, it was clearly the only one-, but I didn't see it until I already made a new one there, in a much safer place, underground. The already existent was onground, and uncovered.

I managed once to get close to their flag and I though what a good idea to make a teleporter there -it was on New Tortuga, players usually leave some tunnels you can sneak through to get near to their flags-, then grab the flags and instantly click on the tele to travel -if you have more than 2 teleporters, you necessarily have to select which teleporter you want after you click, if you have only 2, the travel is instantaneous-.

I gathered more than 200 stone -1 for a teleporter at base, 1 for that further one-. Then, as I stated above I built 1 tele at base, pretty well covered underground. That's when i noticed we already had another up there, and players began to click on it to travel, from one, on ground, to the other, underground, but both were so close.

That's why I decided to destroy the up one, because it was not as safe as the one I built below, and because it would stop you from traveling with a single click from the further one, which I was to build as soon as I could get to those flags again.

This resulted in our team having a new teleporter in a much safer place than before, and with me kicked unfairly. I could have griefed at kag willingly, but that could be at 2011 or at 2012. I respect the players and the general gameflow. I'm admin at 2 different servers, in which I believe I am pretty respectful to all the players, griefers and hackers included, even if I get accused without a proper reason, or insulted.

18. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

too bad all my logs and screens died with my old laptop :V
    but i remember kicking you out several times myself even before TBS was an admin there.

not saying you havent changed, just letting beo's admins know.

19. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

thanks Rayne for the info. I simply can't remember being a griefer back in the day, but if you remember that, it's ok, you're a trusted community member.

20. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Knowing nothing of the past event in question, I will say that these days at least 8x is probably the most trusted and reliable regular on Beo's servers, and has been playing on them without a single bad incident for years. Frankly I would've done the same as Hella, and unbanned him straight away until the questionable details could be clarified.

I personally think that explanation is fine, and the chances of him deciding to grief here now after years of sensibility seem slim enough to me so as to be ruled out.