1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Besiege: If KAG was 3D

Discussion in 'Other games' started by ShnitzelKiller, Feb 1, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I'm talking mainly about the aesthetic, so no it's not a team versus game where you build bases, but you do get to build whacky siege engines. The cute, toy-like yet gory visuals combined with the tight physics are what put me in mind of KAG.
    Pretty pictures:
    IndieDB_Banner1.jpg
    Besiege_09_30_2014_06_05_41_Small.jpg
    Unlike some other physics-y building games, the building UI is extremely intuitive and quick. With a limited but versatile set of blocks with unique functions, it is possible to build anything from catapults to helicopters, and in my case, a car that is a jack-in-the-box which ejects loaded canons with a catapult in between them, which launches a propeller-guided mine.
    I must reiterate that the really solid physics are something I love about this game. Everything is just a little bit elastic, and has a break point that you have to be wary of while building. This is the only limitation (along with a bounding box), so you can pack your machine full of gadgets; you just have to worry about them collapsing, or the recoil from cannon spam causing you to fly apart.
    Another thing this has that many other games with good sandbox elements forget to implement is an actual sandbox mode for you to play around with the mechanics that make the game great. You can make your vehicle incincible or set things on fire with your mouse in any level as well, at the cost of actually advancing.
    Here's another picture:
    CatapultGifBig.gif

The IndieDB site and trailer:
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/besiege/videos/besiege-alpha-trailer

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I saw this a while ago and bought it immediately. What a wonderful game! I was going to make a post for it but I was too lazy

3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Here's my genius cannon-in-the-box with catapult. The best part is, that blue part just rolling around is my core. You can also see five different types of recoil tear me apart.
    niggers3.gif
    It also performs suicide:
    niggers4.gif
    EDIT: Fuck. Yes.
    fug.gif

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  4. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

I purchased this game as well the instant I found it.
    Its really fun, I made a simple trebuchet and won most of the hard levels except that last level I just cant quite beat it!

5. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

This looks amazing.

LegendBeta likes this.
  6. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Holy shit this is amazing:

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That... that boner robot... so glorious.

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Now, you literally can say you fucked the enemy tower.

Konoko likes this.
  9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

0:47 fucking tomato arty shitter go uninstall please

10. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

10/10, what I've concluded from this game is that making killing machines with penises is really really fun.

Mods: BlueLuigi