1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Best devs and community?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inexorable, Mar 29, 2012.

?

Best community and devs? Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

32 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. Nay

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

I was thinking the other day, KAG might just have the best community ever. The devs are awesome as well, you can literally talk directly to one of the guys MAKING the game and they'll respond, and they're not super formal professionals, they're like bros, sweet ay? :shad: And as far as the community goes, heaps and heaps of good as fellas and fella-ettes to bash about with. And our stereotype angry child gamers aren't even that bad, they just don't understand why building a giant stone stick that bends backwards over their own base is a bad idea. And the forum guards are mean to (Uh in NZ mean means good, wow just said mean twice in a row, maybe the first time I've done that in my life). So yeah does anyone else know any community that is better than this one, coz I've seen a couple that are really good, but not as good as KAG's.

SirSalami, Overlord, mishKa and 3 others like this.
  2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Nope, this is imo the best game community around, and I'm glad to be a moderator so I can help out this great community.

Boxpipe and Inexorable like this.
  3. YEAH_NAH

YEAH_NAH Shipwright

Yeah, is it a good community..
    Although, to be honest, Minecraft's started out like this as well...

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

this community sucks who would want to post here

Carver, GHOZT, Kyzak and 4 others like this.
  5. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

With this guy around, why would you post anywhere else?

GHOZT likes this.
  6. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Would be nice if the kag community was also able to code some nice addons and extensions.

7. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Do I detect some sarcasm?

8. Rayne

No.
    Not at all.

Boxpipe and Contrary like this.
  9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This community is the best at least from what I have seen. Majority of players may be a little.. silly? But their attitudes aren't often so bad. :shad:

Rayne and GHOZT like this.
  10. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Rayne is being paid to say that.

GrimWaltz likes this.
  11. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Boxpipe is being paid to say that.

12. Rayne

I really do like this community, at least the forums part.
    Some of the in-game idiots get on my nerves, but every game has that.

Boxpipe and Ghozt like this.
  13. knightl

knightl Base Burner

don't lie rayne you love trolls
    :shad:
    When you splat them with your banhammer they make a funny sound

GHOZT and Wonkyth like this.
  14. JimmyNic

JimmyNic Shopkeep Stealer

It's among the best I've seen, for sure. Plus you can swear on the forums which is nice.

Rayne likes this.
  15. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

This gave me an image of a little kid giggling and beating on a squeak toy with the pwnhammer from Terraria...It made my day.

GHOZT, Wonkyth and Rayne like this.
  16. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

As far as game communities go, it's certainly one of the awesomer ones.
    And the devs? Well, I already sold my soul to them, so good luck beating a negative response out of me. :P

17. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I've tried to establish myself in multiple indie-game communities. Either people are too inactive or just being elitist jerks, calling me an "idiot noob."

This is the first place that I truly want to return to. A lot of cool people here, friendly and helpful, but also knows how to mess around. All in good spirits.

Now...where's that wallet? I would like to become a donator myself. Yeeees.

Edit: So yes. I do consider this one of the best communities that I've seen.

18. Isen

Isen Dreamhouse keeper Donator

As the other person mentioned, communities in other games also start out as nice, cozy group of fellows. It's when the game develops a big community when it becomes hard to maintain a healthy attitude of players. Besides, developers are people too, one day they will get tired of "caring" so much, so the distance between them and the community will get bigger. But that's not always bad, it's just a fact.

Bottom line: time will tell.

Off topic: Your poll made me think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1BAhncV-D0

Beef likes this.
  19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've been in much better, for an indie game and people used to this I imagine they consider this the best, but I've seen so much better :(

Problem is there are still some limits which may bring problems in the future when we attract more tards

20. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Indeed, Luigi and Snow. Only successful (important point. I'm part of a good few indie and just small games forums but a lot of them are dead or as good as) game's community that doesn't make me recoil in disgust is the Dwarf Fortress one and a few roguelikes.

This is due to the moderation (perfect level) and the fact the entry level is so high. Few teenagers, arseholes, and assorted retards are going to wander in, and the few that do are going to be of a high enough calibre as to be passable. The few that don't are handled by the mods. Now, in a free game about cartoon knights on the other hand, the entry level isn't there. Every bored child comes and unintentionally shits the place up. Every redditor sees a free game and comes to spend an afternoon deliberately shitting it up.
    :shad:
    In our defence, we do have a decent mod squad (not that I'm biased, or anything), so it won't be an easy win for the shitposters, but, long term, they're the ones with the most free time. If they ever come in mass from the pub servers to the forums we'll have our hands full. I don't think we've established a stable board culture yet, but we're on the way there. Once we do, the board can defend itself.

Really, we'll just have to see how it all turns out. I have hopes we'll at least maintain this quality and eventually get on Bay12 levels, but we'll see.

Miauw62, Rusher, GHOZT and 2 others like this.