1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Best devs and community?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inexorable, Mar 29, 2012.

?

Best community and devs? Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

32 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. Nay

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This is why my study book (*) had to say about the KAG community.
    What most people think:
    :shad:
    What everyone should actually think:
    *(Management, 2010, Daft et al, 586-587)

GHOZT, GloriousToast and Contrary like this.
  2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

The only real forum I have ever got more then 50 posts, make that more then 10. What does that say about this community.
    I have only been in like 5 forums..

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I really think that, while playing online, this silly faces :(:p:D etc make the game rather kind. As I've seen in other games, fast taunts or predetermined messages you can spam with ease like these make players very friendly.

Although you may not be laughing, if you pick :D or :), other players take it as if you were that happy. I almost smile every time a player spams a funny emoticon as a result of something he did. Most of the rounds flow wiht ease, with positive feelings event if you lose with a difference of 60 units.
    In forums you can speak your mind with calm, this can result in posts which can be offensive.

But yeh, it's a great community!:B):

(i want this :huh?::oops::B):X3 in the game!)

TheFilip likes this.
  4. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

Best community? Indeed.
    Best developers? Yep.
    But if Terraria's developers didn't leave the game, i'd pick those as the number one spot. They listened to the community, and updated the game frequently!
    Too bad they left.

Here's my list.
    1. KaG devs.
    2. Terraria devs.
    3. Irrational Games. Seriously, just look at how Bioshock Infinite is going to be. Results? A solid boner and a great GOTY.
    4. VALVe (even though they aren't releasing HL: episode 3, they keep TF2 updated)
    Last. Notch. He's a horrible developer. He was just posting on Twitter about his vacations while Jeb did all the work. Jeb's lazy too, though.

5. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

OK thanks guys for posting, too drunk to read what you said though, will post something sensible tomorrow...

GHOZT likes this.
  6. knightl

knightl Base Burner

oh please the best work of literature are done when wasted

Chinizz likes this.
  7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Correction: RWR's community is the best that I've participiated in.

8. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Ha ha I'm very careful what I write when sloshed ;D

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The fact that Terraria devs are anywhere in your top 100 basically nulls any opinion you have on game development.
    :shad:
    Your opinion.

10. TheFilip

And what exactly makes you say that?

11. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

Because of all the promised features, and suddenly you get a cold slap in the form of "we're not developing this any more, deal with it".

Rayne likes this.
  12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

As I'm sure many of the dudes have said, the forum community is the best I've ever encountered. There's occasionally a hiccup with some immature kids coming around and ruining the view, but for the most part everyone is solid. We have a great, cohesive community who cares about the community. I used to try to become a part of different communities, WoW, Ragnarok Online, Minecraft, etc. etc. etc. I never stuck around more than a week or two. KAG has introduced me to some great dudes, I've joined a clan with a bunch of guys I consider friends, and I have a great time when playing with guys from the boards.

In short, I love yall to death, the guys that are active here. We're a crazy, fucked up family and I wouldn't have it any other way.

GHOZT and Rayne like this.
  13. TheFilip

Modding.

14. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

After purchasing a game, you do not expect its development to be held up by an amateur modding community, no matter how skilled they are.

15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1)Blue
    Pffthahahaha oh god, pffthahaah oh ma i can't even he believed to do it

2)The way they dropped the game is fucking retarded, they didn't even bother making a proper modding API or send it off to someone to care for their baby while they go enjoy their ridiculous gay sex orgies like notch did, they just dropped it cold.:shad:
    3)The game is shit and crap and their coding is that of a monkey's half their shit was hardcoded until 1.2 and the entire thing was a shit biscuit, the game has about 1 day's of content very little replayability besides mods which have very VERY little actual abilities, they refuse to release source cause 'you can already get it' but in doing so also note that using the source code you get is illegal, so they are telling you to do it but that it is illegal, they will use this later to take your work from you without giving you proper credit because it's `illegal`. Just wait and see.

Furthermore servers can't even be run on linux boxes and running mods without directa ccess is a fucking bitch because they all use GUI..
    The game is shit, the community is shit, it's as bad as Minecraft's except it doesn't have the numbers with which to fucking say "Well with this many OF COURSE ITS BAD!"

LetsplayCmansez, Contrary and Rayne like this.
  16. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

In all seriousness though, Terraria isn't Half-Life. Yeah, there's some damned good mods, but if your ENTIRE COMMUNITY needs to be held up with user generated mods it's gonna degenerate to complete shit, and quick.

Rayne likes this.
  17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

It's okay for a PvP game.

18. TheFilip

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/my-fellow-terrarians-pt-2.82165/
    They'll add it.
    I agree with you though that the game doesn't last long.
    The fun is when you create a character, then it slowly becomes boring as you become a tank.
    Terraria, in my opinion, is not that great game i was expecting.

But we're talking about developers here, not the game. I chatted with them they're pretty cool, they also made a "Let's Play" video and cared about the community.
    They didn't really leave us, they just left Terraria to make better games. They said it: "Terraria was just a test and we didn't expect all of these fans, with the knowledge we got from developing Terraria, we will make a much better game"
    Something along those lines.

Starbound is going to be great, and it's made from one of the Terraria's devs.
    But yeah, Terraria is pretty lame.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 1, 2012 7:01 AM ---</br>
    I actually do.
    See Skyrim.

19. knightl

knightl Base Burner

skyrim still holds itself up via bethesda, look at the xbox sales haven't gone down yet and is still getting patch support

unlike terraria where the support is SOLELY from modders

20. TheFilip

Well, it is now that the devs left for new games.