1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to fill the interior of mah tower?

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Waterlimon, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Waterlimon

Waterlimon Catapult Fodder

Just wondering, are there any better ways to fill a tower than 100% stone?

I built a tower with alternating stone and back wall (with the holes on the edge having doors)

and one with alternating door and stone.

I guess the second one is useless but since wood is easier to get then stone it might be easier to build. And the first one might be useful if you just want a big obstacle and theres no catapults/lots of bombs/builders digging through it.

Then i thought what about some more complex patterns? Ive done pillar of stone, then pillar of back wall, then stone again and so on a few times, its ok as bombs thrown on the top fall below ground (unless they explode in the middle of the tower while falling -.-)

Any ideas?

Ponis likes this.
  2. CJIOH

CJIOH Builder Stabber

door tower costs 30 wood/tile = 5 tree hits.
    stone tower costs 10 stone/tile = 5 not full stone hits or 2,5 full stone hits.

stone is better :thumbs_up:
    but if there is no stone u can use doors ^_^

3. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I've seen some people add "windows" in a closed tower, to avoid the inside being completely dark.
    Basic formula:

:castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::quarters::quarters::quarters::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:

3 adjacent shop blocks make a neat little window. This isn't really structurally important (I think OP was trying to concentrate on that) but I saw it as relevant.

4. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Wooden backwall. Dat premium, mang.

Rambo and Bunnyboy like this.
  5. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I think the OP wanted to fill the space inside the base of the tower where it is usually solid stone block.
    Make the first two layers on the inside solid, then use backwalls. They wont know that your tower is hollow then. (If its a small tower, then use the altenating stone block and backwall.
    Still, wood blocks are better but you havent bought the game. :P
    (Geez. It is HARD to type on a phone's digital keyboard.)

6. Aevenien

Aevenien Bison Rider

Can you give pics of what you've done?

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Woodenbackwall or anything using as much wood as possible as it is regenerating constantly as opposed to stone which you will eventually run out of, however during the start when it is unlimited stone backwall is probably the easiest fastest way to handle your needs. There are a few niches you can probably exploit for more effective use such as bombchutes as you've said, alternating doors in certain places, etc.

However in general when you're in a rush just go with standard stone backwall or get as much of it as you can without wasting resources that could be more important, if you have a large area to fill and a catapult with no stone on it that would be better served being filled I'd use the stone for that (unless you're just pro and use bombs instead in the cata).

General point is, stone will work fine for most purposes.

Rayne likes this.
  8. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

well, the only way to use anything BUT doors or stone,
    would be to use spikes, bridges, and backwalls, because spikes are the same price as stone blocks, and well, the bridges do cost a lot, but to make it worth the bother, you just have to use them.
    while this doesn't really stop the enemy, it does hinder them.
    you should just make it like this:

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

if they "eat" some of the layers away with boms, it would become like this:

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg:
    :castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::bridge:
    :castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::bridge:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::bridge::spikes_bg::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

Everyone with the slightest experience at making traps will see why this would stop the enemy,
    but I have to warn you: it probably isn't worth the time you need to create this.
    </br>--- merged: Oct 26, 2012 5:05 PM ---</br>
    as BL already said: backwall is the best way to save resources:
    put two layers of wall, then only backwall, and the enemy will probably think its ALL wall, and wont bother termiting through it.

9. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I just fill my forts/castles with back wall and workshops :huh?:

Gofio likes this.