1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Binding Space *and* W to Up (Autohotkey)

Discussion in 'Help' started by Zolyx, Feb 1, 2015.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Zolyx

Zolyx Catapult Fodder

I'm trying to use Autohotkey to bind the spacebar so that it works the same as pressing "W" (basically to make the controls similar to Terraria, a game I've played so much that it's embedded into my muscle memory).

I thought the simple AHK way to do this would be:
    Code:
    Space::w
    Works fine outside of KAG, but inside KAG space still acts as space.

Can anyone help?

2. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

binding keys is easy , you just have to open KAG , go to "settings" then go to "controls" and bind the new keys there.
    I think the way you used (which is based on editing a cfg file) wouldn't help that much since the spacebar is already used for other stuffs by default (like lighting bombs or kegs , using hearts and food ...)

3. Zolyx

Zolyx Catapult Fodder

Thanks for the reply but that isn't what I meant :)

The control options screen inside KAG only lets you set one key for each action, that's why I tried to use AutoHotKey with the script I quoted - but that doesn't seem to work either.

What I'm trying to do is to have both the space bar and the W key bound to Up, so that I can play in the Terraria style of using space to jump and W to climb ladders. (It may sound clumsy but each to their own :p)

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey