1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Blocks icon when you run out of mats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8x, Nov 8, 2016.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

With the last updates, now when you run out of materials as builders, the block you had selected remains selected, but it keeps the block type sprite on. This is an improvement in my opinion, as you don't have to re-select the block you were working with once you get enough resources to place it again, but the sprite remaining gets to be very confusing, you can't realize if you actually have materials left to lay that block/blob.

It's the solution to this bug I reported (in 2013 however!):
    https://forum.thd.vg/threads/blocks-selected-disappear.15830/

So this is a call to all the builders that frequent the forums, what do you think would be a good solution to this small new issue?

In my opinion, making the sprite itself like greyish or more vanished would help, and the eye would recognize and think "oh, I this is the block I have selected, but I don't have enough mats for placing it again"

Leave your thoughts and discuss in this thread please.

Osmal and norill like this.
  2. also notice that when you select wood or stone block and run out of mats then the sprite displayed near the cursor does that sliding movement thing. maybe having that with blobs (doors, trapblocks) would help