1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bomb arrow nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by kodysch, Oct 27, 2014.

?

Reduced bomb arrow destruction

1. yes

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

So Bomb arrows in there current state are over powered. I like the idea of them, but as of now they are OP. a volley of three bomb arrows can take apart a sturdy tower, and two archers coordinating can eat through a 6 thick flag defense. All of this done at range which takes little skill and is difficult to counter.
    I'm suggesting that Bomb arrows be reduced in strength to that equal to a bomb, one block destroyed with damage done to surrounding tiles.

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Gonna post before anyone freaks the heck out about how "awful" and "stupid" this idea is, because I know someone will.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like this suggestion, either, but I'll still be civil about why I don't.

For one, if you're suggesting that their block-breaking power be nerfed, they should also have their price decreased. Even supposing bomb arrows can be launched further and more accurately than bombs, an arrow with the power of a bomb for twice the price of a bomb doesn't seem quite fair.

Second, Archers' bomb arrows only have one utility. Knights' bombs have several: bombjumping, dealing really good area of effect damage, AND breaking blocks. Archers have bomb arrows for one purpose - breaking blocks - so for fifty coins, why shouldn't they be good at doing that job? (Granted, they can also be used offensively against players, but we all know that's a waste.)

Please, people who post after me, take the suggestion seriously so we can come to a serious conclusion about it and not have a flame war. Thank you in advance.

AcidSeth, Verzuvius and kodysch like this.
  3. kodysch

This makes sense and I commend you for your rational and cool logic. A price decrease would also be in order.

4. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

I feel 40 coins would make sense

kodysch likes this.
  5. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

[bomb arrow ] effect -2
    [bomb arrow] cheaper +1
    stalemate +4

someone feels like having to much time, should create a relation diagram with every known tactic (bombjump, stonetower, swimming, changing class, touching something, ...). So everybody directly see's what their suggested change would affect.

If we continously degrade EVERY class, we could also just immediately give knights a cotton stick, archer blowpipes with paper pellet ammunition , builder a balloon hammer and switch blocks to styrofoam and paperboard.

PUNK123 likes this.
  6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

nerfs are terrible buff everything:smug:

icemusher likes this.
  7. kodysch

The point is that bomb arrows in their current state wreck defenses with little risk/skill involved. This not only promotes lone wolfing, via an archer being able to cut through 3 thick stone walls, but also deters away other strategies in the game. Why buy a catapult, why tunnel, why go builder? This leaves us with the game being played in a more narrow scope and disincentiviseing more team oriented strategies.

8. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I would usually say that this was kinda idiotic, but I saw something today that would destroy that thought from ever exiting my mind. 2 archers, they were builders at first, and they spammed wood blocks in the beginning.
    2 Archers with 3 bomb arrows each, and the rest of the team being jabspamming knights, it was not a pretty sight.

They are not used enough, and thus the community haven't seen the absolute destruction they ensue.
    I wholeheartedly back the idea of a nerf, just not sure what kind yet.

Also, @PUNK123 , there is no way that any buff would work, as it affects tiles directly, and thus the tiles would have to get a buff, which = bomb arrow nerf.

9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

nah nah nah what you do is buff bombs like in classic where they do 3 blocks of dmg instead of the cross destruction(dont change dmg or anything just tiles)

10. kodysch

This is the thing that needs to be nerfed, very similar to ballista bomb bolts back in the day.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  11. trueok

trueok Builder Stabber

I say that they need 3 things 1 is that they are not too hard to defend agents 2 bomb:bomb_arrow:arrows cost 50 so 3 will be 150 and akeg is 120 and more destructive 3 is that it takes time to fire an arrow
    :castle_wall:
    :bridge:
    :castle_wall: Base of flag that will work better :r_flex::smug::flex:
    :castle_bg:
    :blue: Don't say any thing. Abught my spelling

12. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Your spelling. There.

Okay, now, your points:
    1. They destroy 3 tiles, other than with platforms (which are SOOOO underused right now), so it isn't easy to defend.
    2. A keg needs to be close, is a huge priority, and gets its explosion deafened by bedrock, dirt, and rock.
    Bomb arrows, however, can be shot from anywhere, archers are known not to be so important, and its terrible effective.
    So, using that logic, 3 bomb arrows are far superior to a keg.
    3. As I said before, no one cares about an archer. They are little bugs, slight annoyances for most knights.
    Add in 3 bomb arrows shot from a distance (as shown in Oodle's video, it takes all of 2 seconds to shoot the arrows).
    Stir in a large pot, and you got an OP-Mechanic Stew, I guess.

kodysch likes this.
  13. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Well, the problem is the builders... They can build a tower in a couple of minutes. Then they got 300g! Without even been killing anyone! Then they build an archer shop and launches 6 bomb arrows. Of course that is way overpowered! Builders don't even need that much money!

I'd say that builders should always get as much money as in the building phase (1/4).

Builders IS the best class for the moment!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 28, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 28, 2014 ---
    In my opinion they are broken as hell as they are supposed to be a help for archers and builders who want to camp/breathe. THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SOME ANTI-BOMB BLOCK!!!

14. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

For 150 coin you buy 3 bomb arrow and destroy 3 layer of stone. For 120 coin you buy a keg, and destroy more even in more direction.
    Bomb arrows are good against platforms and 1 layer defenses/doors if you aim well. These are aimed arrows, not some thrown-there keg.
    A knight gains way more coin and faster than an archer does. If an archer earned 150 coin I think he deserves to do some destruction.
    A bomb arrow can be easily blocked by knights, get hit by a simple arrow, miss, if it hits the ground it does no damage and a wall can be quickly repaired.
    Just because it does what it meant to do it doesn't mean it needs a nerf. Learn the game and adjust to it, or learn how to deal with some freaking bomb arrow.

SpideY likes this.
  15. Personally I like the skill cap being raised if you use a bomb arrow correctly you can destroy 3 blocks and collapse something.

But this would result in it costing the price of a bomb which should be 25-30 coins

16. lol you just posted a video of dumping 200 coins to get yourself killed by a knight.

what do you want nerfed?

Fernegulus and AcidSeth like this.
  17. kodysch

The point is that one person can deal out that destruction with ease, if i left after the second bomb arrow my chances of getting it would be much greater (also if i had any help). If you read the previous posts you'd know what I feel needs nerfed.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  18. I did and I think it's pretty wrong if you can't even get it on a video.

Fernegulus likes this.
  19. Sky_Captain_Bjorn

Sky_Captain_Bjorn Bison Rider

It sounds to me like the easiest fix would be to increase the price of bomb arrows. I quite like their destruction capabilities and find that they are one of the best tools an archer has in helping their team ( i.e. blowing a hole through forward defenses and allowing their knights to stream through). The increase in price would make bomb arrows harder to come by and because of this people would be more likely to use them in more strategic ways, such as mentioned above. I don't think the problem is that bomb arrows are too strong. Hell, if the other team decides to only cover their flag with one column of stone then it is the archer's RIGHT to swoop in, shoot his/her bomb arrow and swoop out. It only becomes an annoyance when you have 3-4 bomb arrows being shot sequentially...

I don't know lol maybe we should nerf bomb arrows and start start strapping kegs to arrows at 200 coins a pop ::D::smug:25252525

Pharphis likes this.
  20. kodysch

I did get it on video the point wasn't to cap the flag it was to show of the arrows. If i actually tried I could, that vid took me 15 min to get, and I did it alone to prove how one person can deal over powered amounts of damage.

Mods: Rainbows