1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bot AI

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Frikman, Jul 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Hi, I'd like to know if someone has already made this, but I want to request bots that work like classic ones (following you, attacking zombies, etc). I don't know what else to say or how to be more specific, after all they were kinda basic and that was cool :y

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

KAG Classic didn't have modding and the bot logic was purely located in C++ sources. If you want to have any similar behaviour, you'll need to reproduce it in angelscript. (edit : and obviously, you don't have access to those sources)

Biurza likes this.
  3. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

The sad thing is, I know next to nothing about coding, even if I had the sources. Is there any way to make entities with, say, the current bot AI that appears on single player modes? I haven't tried said modes in quite a long time, but afaik they have bots, right?

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

They do, and it should be fairly trivial to assign an IA to created entities. But I didn't touch KAG modding for a while now, so I can't tell you a solution here. But all you should have to do is to assign a CBrain@ to that entity.

Biurza likes this.