1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bring back the glory of boats.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by makmoud98, Sep 30, 2015.

?

What do you think

Poll closed Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Good idea

46.2%
  2. Bad idea

10.3%
  3. Its not bad

43.6%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Boats need to have fakerolling.as to them and they need to not have decay on land.

EhRa, CowboyDan, Dargona1018 and 3 others like this.
  2. Yeah, you used to be able to get a bunch of people in a dinghy or longboat, carry it onto a catapult and launch the entire group, all potentially equipped with kegs, for mass slaughter. It was glorious.

3. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Well, people have different tastes and such, i find satisfying jumping into an enemy ship with some buddies, kill the tripulation and take it over. also, these "boat wars" involve some teamfights, which are really cool.

in few words, taking a breath from regular "slash, shield, slash back" fights in ground is good from time to time.

icemusher and PeggleFrank like this.
  4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Ya but that's why I play archer and not knight.

5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

they changed swimming in early beta to (dont quote me on this as i completely forget) something akin to either you would drown almost instantly and sink or you had a few seconds of sink. this was also the time when water-ocean maps were the norm. i almost quit playing for a while due to how shit it made any sort of combat.

boat combat has never been all that fun besides in early beta, where it was usually a pretty organized rowing effort with mounted catas / ballistas to reckd enemy walls, along with bomb bouncing to snipe over boats.

EhRa likes this.
  6. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I am thinking that water could be like in Terraria where you can still jump when at the bottom but not swim. This would make small pools of water not be immensely frustrating. If this is the solution that will be integrated I would also buff Shield surfing so you can get a little bit further. And maps should be modified to not be 100 billion meters deep.

Dargona1018 and Sir_Walter like this.
  7. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

I love this idea. It would also open up options for new types of boats. As long as it doesn't get annoying. I do like the idea of limited swimming for when you get knocked off one of the boats or something.

8. I think it was with @Aurora-, but there was this one game on TTH where there was this giant pool of water. Both teams piled up boat boxes at the shore, and we literally just Age of War-ed it, and marched two ships out, then had a battle until one was captured or destroyed. Then both teams would ride another ship out and do the exact same thing. One of the best KAG games I've ever played, and I would really love to have more of that.

Mods: Rainbows