1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(BUG) Outposts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Nightingale, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Couldn't find where or how report bugs, so I hope I'm not doing this wrong D : ...

I was part of a four knights group and we managed to kill the defender and destroy a wall guarding an underground outpost. We captured it just to see it slowly "fly" away to the surface.

Also, sometimes I'm near some out post, some random enemy comes in and captures it in a very small percentage, I kill him but then I can't recapture the outpost, but other players can.

2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I've seen this too. Very odd.

3. sado

sado Shopkeep Stealer

Outposts are often acting funny, I've seen how one after being captured by enemy didn't simply change the team it's bound to, but respawned another outpost for another team in the same place, and it looked like many outposts for both teams were constantly respawning in this place (slowing down the game, too) :O. Also seen outposts flying up or down after being captured, especially flying into stone blocks above/below them.

4. DarkDobe

DarkDobe Guest

When an outpost is created or captured, it tends to 'hop' upwards one or two tiles. If it was built underground and then walled in - the hop might push it into the terrain, at which point it gets forced skywards (yay physics!)

As for the stacking outposts and such nonsense - the worst I've seen was when an outpost was destroyed, causing the entire team to spawn from a point in midair on the enemy side of the base. The enemy team immediately surrounded this magic spawn with spikes and knights. The horror...

5. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

It makes captures more dramatic.

Steal an outpost underground, wait for the people in the overworld to flip out

6. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

I suppose that you ought to shove singular bug reports into a thread which already deals with current build's grievances. It's easier to follow one thread rather than read 9001 different ones.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm with Vig here. If there's not a general bug report thread yet feel free to make it and I'll stick it.

That said I'll forward this on.