1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1085 - "Shiprekt"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Incoming Big Build!

Lots of KAG Tweaks, and AUS Official Servers!

First of all, the example mod “Shiprekt” is having its first public release! It’s a bit rough around the edges but demonstrates a complete total conversion to top down ship building carnage!

List of “Shiprekt” Features:

• Full total conversion in a simple KAG mod. Join a server and play, no bullshit!
    • Top down block based ship building, with per-block destruction!
    • Totally Moddable! Want more blocks in the game? Add them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A handful of KAG tweaks have gone ahead at the same time, either driven by Shiprekt development, community feedback, tester suggestions or sudden inspiration to change things up.

List of the major KAG tweaks:

• Spikes changes
      Spikes now stun on hit
      Spikes now hit when wallsliding or wall running
      These combine to allow some devlish 1 hit kill traps and a lot more vertical control when placed on wood blocks and mixed with trap blocks to save them from hurting your team. I’m very keen to see where this takes the building meta.
    • No arrow slashing
      I decided I didn’t have strong feelings about this and the majority opinion is that it’s luck based and hurts competitive play, even if it does look cool.
    • More Particle Functionality
      Modders will be happy to know that as part of Shiprekt development we added a heap of nice new functionality to particles, such as scripted callbacks and being able to get a handle to pixel particles. BV contains good examples of this new functionality, check out humangibs.as in particular as it demos all 3 of these.
    • Various annoying exploits fixed
      A coin duplication bug and the infinite spawning traders bug should both be fixed, pending confirmation from public testing. The coin dupe fix is temporary, a proper solution will be done over the next week.
    • TDM Tweaks
      -Trader menu in TDM stays open after purchase
      -TDM prices reshuffled to prevent a million spec arrow spams.
      Anyone who regularly (or even irregularly) plays TDM should be pleased with these changes.

There are also now Official Australian Servers, have a look for them in the server browser! Only took 3 years!

These are the result of some collaboration with the guys hosting the major community Aus servers to move their ever competent admins over to an official capacity, and keep the Aus community strong in the face of them running low on funding. As always the official servers are hosted by Joe/jrgp. We’ll be working hard to keep these servers up to the same quality as the old community ones.

Have Fun!

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    AntonioModer, 101i, toffie0 and 11 others like this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Finally! Good job!

Thanks for the official australian servers - It would be cool if Yantex would be admin there :)

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

No arrow slashing?

OMG! ::): You made my day! :QQ: <-- happiness

Now I going to rape some knights! Fuck ya!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    Inferdy and PinXviiN like this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Im so happy you didn't go with "Bomb Voyage"

Spike traps getting a buff is a big plus. Im happy to see that you guys went ahead and did that.

Same with no longer being able to slash arrows.

Will that be the case with ballista bolts too?

5. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Spikes changes?
    No arrows slashing?
    Shiprekt out?

BEST BUILD EVER

Asu, Stevedog, Sir_Walter and 5 others like this.
  6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Was not so excited about this but hell this is plain fun!

Vampire and Guitarman like this.
  7. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Aaaah, it is almost a tease! Only three servers and two are full and the other is borked to death.

Hopefully as the day goes on some others will make their own servers of it! I really wanna try it out!

Guitarman likes this.
  8. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

@Nabuco gratz dude. They finally listened to reason. Shiprekt ftw

FuzzyBlueBaron and Nabuco like this.
  9. Bint

Bint Haxor

Love the little tweak to changing classes without the camera randomly moving too.
    I could've sworn I heard the scream as well while falling, might have been the guy in the box I was holding. :huh?::thumbs_up:

FuzzyBlueBaron and Sir_Walter like this.
  10. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The camera orientation appears to have no purpose, makes it harder to read the map and can create problems with stepping onto a boat then steeping off again because controls invert. Getting rid of it would be appreciated.

Also everyone keeps accidentally detonating bombs on their own ship, should probably find a way to stop that.

Noburu likes this.
  11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

YES. FINALLY. :DDD
    SHIP REKT :DDD
    GONNA PLAY IT SO HARD.

12. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Played a bit, haven't gotten a chance to play it with "One Person Per Team"as the server I was on had 3 per team...gotta say the game is almost less enjoyable when having teammates. Maybe it is just the fact I kept getting stuck with one noob no matter what...two players per might be fine though.

Camera spinning is painful and disorienting, also pointless, maybe make it only controlled by the player. Also speaking of spinning, the command seat is kinda odd in the fact that I am not sure how it works, I expected pressing left would make all my left engines go but instead it makes what appears to be almost random selections of engines activate? I dunno, it is weird when pressing left makes my left, up, and down engine activate in some cases.

Otherwise the game is great fun! I love making motherships and firing off little ones!

Sarkalest and Guitarman like this.
  13. Rider339

Rider339 Bison Rider

Loving the update, haven't tried it yet, but definetly loving the buff to spikes.

14. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

How to control and build...

15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

shark server is not working, i told you.

16. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

You could already force wallrunners to hit wall spikes with one block platform overhangs, though I certainly like the buffs.
    Edit: So sideways wood-rooted spikes work better than overhangs, this will be interesting.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  17. Frederikam

Frederikam Drill Rusher

Done.

NinjaCell and Sir_Walter like this.
  18. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Hosting a 22 slot server with it right now ;) "Bunnie's Shiprekt Server"

19. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You guys should do this more often, because just having you all work so good like you have been, on new game modes makes the game have a more accomplished (and professional) feel to it.

I'm all for stuff like this.

20. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

WE NEED MORE SERVERS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.