1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1085 - "Shiprekt"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Has anyone else been annoyed by having their control seat overridden? I had some foo' jump in a second chair, forcing me to lose control of my vessel, and they crashed it into green team's ship, causing us both to become splinters.

Another of my beautiful ships lost to the guy who randomly joins my team : (

I must say though! This mod is some good shiz, I've gone through several stages of enjoyment. (Mini-ships, wrecking ball ships, awesome maneuverable ships) I've had a lot of fun.

Though I think the Cannons need a buff, they can never hit a fleeing enemy, Ordering them to shoot max range towards the object they have targeted would do them better.

I feel weird now, like I haven't posted to the forum in an age, oh well.

JPD, Crabmaster and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  2. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

Man I love this mod, haven't really played Beta, I must admit, but this mod brought me back in. It's so different, yet very similar to the overall KAG-experience. Already I see great future potential for this mod. Maybe having small islands on the map or some rocks to bring more diversity into the landscape. Maybe villages on the islands, where you could buy better cannons or stuff for money you would get from killing enemies and finding random treasures. Swords and pistols for the crew for more intense boarding fights as well as lots of rum.Yup. Fun times.

3. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It happens sadly, it's part of the game since well... what would you do when boarding an enemy vessel... o-o

I feel... like this game mode needs captains in those ships... o-o
    Or just ONE and only ONE chair... gives it a bit more challenge to forcefully ram a ship against another if you're trying to steal that ship... o-o

FuzzyBlueBaron and Apronymous like this.
  4. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Adding onto what Kinpump said, there is MUCH more potential to this mod, (gonna list a few things) like Grappling hooks where you shoot them onto other boats and then you can draw them towards you or boarding bridges and such, I'd love to see this all happen in the future shiprekt ::P:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Kinpump and JPD like this.
  5. metalcallous

metalcallous Shipwright

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. JPD

JPD Shipwright

Whenever I have bad internet or am downloading something I find shipwrecked still performs well. Even at 200 - 266 ping the game runs without issues and nobody seems to claim that you're lagging.

7. Jedesis

Jedesis Catapult Fodder

Yay! :D

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Though we only need one control chair, we still need just chairs in general so you don't get thrown off the ship during movement, or randomly die because you are rammed into your own wall by someone driving your ship.

9. metalcallous

metalcallous Shipwright

problem however is that in a big ships with rudders all over, when several people are sitting in chairs they each control the group of nearest rudders and cancels the controls of others unto it. For example, in a ship with rear and front "forward" firing thrusters, if you sit in a chair you control it all. But once a team mate sits on a chair found on the front, he''ll control the front thrusters, deactivating them from you, bleeding the overall speed of your ship.
    While this has applications for multidirectional giant blobs, this is bad for long ships/speed ships. I usually ask them to team mates on turrets.

10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

A big thanks to the devs for paying for some Australian servers. Kai sadly couldn't afford the hefty cost of the on his own anymore. On a side note, if you want admin on the aus servers now don't apply to us, apply for official admin. If you think I will second you by all means tag me in the post.

11. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

OMG, Yagger being serious? I didn't know that actually happened, I thought it was just a story! 10/10 almost as good as unicorns

OT: I have been playing around with the harpoons on @Chrispin's Shiprekt server, they are great fun. Best when you ram a ship but they try to escape, and then you grab them and hopefully blow up any bombs on their ship/shoot them.

12. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

It honestly feels like KAG's engine wasn't optimized to play this game, but still very good effort.

13. Is it possible to give us the ability to switch to knight? So duels can be held on ships?

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

16. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

FINNALLY U HAVE MADE BETTER BLOCKS :DDD

17. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Did you make space sharks??

AntonioModer and Potatobird like this.
  18. DUDE THAT IS AWESOME!

19. Risa3571

Risa3571 Builder Stabber

I NEED HELP! IT ALWAYS MAKES ME SHARK! I CAN'T SPAWN? DO YOU KNOW WHERE'S THE PROBLEM?

20. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

Try going into the code and fix it(if you can)... Or go into rcon and switch teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.