1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1110 Discussion - Community Response To Current Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duplolas, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy

Deputy Builder Stabber

jesus christ they actually nerfed the shield into uselessness this is worse than when they removed arrow slashing

RadioActive, Yagger and Knighthart like this.
  2. Yantex

Yantex :^)) Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

The shield seems fine to me? It actually feels like it hasn't changed .. weird.

NinjaCell and meaow like this.
  3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Or you can just light it and then catapult the keg itself.

4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I just tried double bomb jumping (something that is super easy to do) and killed myself. Never has it happened to me without outside factors causing me to.

#BestUpdateEver

5. infinitito

infinitito Catapult Fodder

I'll admit I don't play knight as much as archer or builder, but bombs appear to have the most problems involving the new shield hitboxes, a way to exclude those and put the shield back to normal, or close to it, would probably remove most major issues. I've had some issues with bombjumping myself since the update, and even just one bomb, not even a double or triple.

6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

One simple change to shields has given this whole thread. Don't be bobotype and complain because you can't learn how2play with updates. These were certain to happen. Just because you aren't as OP anymore, doesn't mean you can't again. Ffs.

( also I can doub bombjump just fine, you just have to tilt your shield more like classic. )

Nand likes this.
  7. infinitito

infinitito Catapult Fodder

I have no problem with the update in general, some changes were just too drastic to the kegs and shields. As an archer main, sometimes playing builder as well, this update is fine for me. There are just some things that are definitely more "experimental balance" than "outright balance," which only means they are on the right track.

No real reason to make anyone on either side of the argument into someone who in all honesty just seems to be inexperienced, but even saying that; some of the ideas Bobo has, while repetitive in that they've been seen before, are not "bad" ideas, just rooted in said inexperience. :chicken:

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

How about archers get 0 hearts. They just die when they spawn. I think we can all agree this would balance the game as a whole.

9. Flinan

Flinan Shipwright

You can teleport with kegs before update, just droping it and taking it with C just before use E for teleport.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey guys protip we actually generate posts from the devlog so you dont have to start your own thread for discussion each time.

While we're aware there are some issues with this build, honestly, an underwhelming minority of changes have posed problems. Furthermore, "community response" and then a wall of text about how it made you feel in the one hour following release is rather misleading.

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/build-1110.19991

Stevedog and Gurin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.