1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1110

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, May 2, 2014.

1. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

HOW DOES ONE SHOOT BURGERS.. I MUST KNOW. >:C

Edit: Nevermind, I just found out how xD

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You have no idea how not-reverted this is getting, it's been ingame for like 300+ builds you badlord. Anims might happen, but I don't think it's actually much of a real issue, slashing "works" pretty well.

@8x see above - I might do animations but it's more likely to just rotate in reponse to aim or something.

That's already been done in test, will be out by the end of the week.

Re: Keg "ogm pls no drop"
    I think the drop accomplishes what the change was meant to address much better than the heavyness - the heavy kegs just make it annoying to cart a keg to battle, especially with the tunnel bug - the drop means that you need support to get a keg close enough to light, which means suicide soloing with a keg isn't nearly as viable.

I might move it back a little more so that archers can't hit it from the front so easily but I'm much more interested in the keg drop than the heaviness.

Re: Erosion changes
    So far maps hold up a little better, but still get eroded in the 1hr+ games, especially on shallow maps. Might need more tweaking. Need to see what's killing tiles most of the time.

Noburu likes this.
  3. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Geti.. you should add something to those burgers cause holy shit do they go far... it's like they're made of nothing at all...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    bobotype and KingMufasa like this.
  4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

only thing with these new heads that i dislike is holding the other teams dead bodies with a kamina/yoko head is fucking OP.

TheWids likes this.
  5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Thanks for the answers about the slash;

At this very moment, with this experimental changes, I wonder if the legolas shot is needed. Somehow I feel this build makes players play in a more Classic-like way. Being hit by an arrow stuns you, and if you're charging a slash, it cancels it. Trying to kill an archer in 1v1, as knight, is much harder now, and impossible without explosives if he knows how to move.

Regarding the knight itself, I feel this is more like build 939 -since build 947 I hated the knight, mainly due to the stomp changes-. It seems that less weird things happen in knights vs knights. Somehow, and I don't know about it's technichal/code background, you can now kill 2 or 3 knights with a proper timing in the same double slash, which has been impossible since 947 until this build.

6. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I'm not thrilled about the "no explosive damage to ground." But I'm glad the shield angles finally got fixed!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2014, Original Post Date: May 6, 2014 ---
    Pretty curious about the keg fumbling and how that'll change things.

7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I feel like there should be some sort of "Burgerball" gamemode which utilizes the launchable burger mechanic.
    Not sure how it would work... but it would be glorious xD

Edit: Found how it could work... a fusion of Slamball and Football... except you can die in it... instakilling arrows with a rapid respawn timer should work fiiinnneee....
    Not currently sure how scoring will work... but I guess a sorta fusion of the burger with a flag should work... get dem touchdowns son :D

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  8. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Fumbling the keg like a hot potato after getting pecked by one arrow is irritating, and so are swords now seemingly going through shields.

Apronymous and fluffiethesock like this.
  9. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Yea don't worry yagger :P Geti already mentioned they would increase the shield angle some to make knight combat make sense as well as archers arrows collisions.

10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What if any item shot from an archer has a parachute type of function, where the parachute comes out after so many seconds after it had been shot? This way based on your charge and angle, it can add some strategy to the shot.

Also I don't much mind the Knights, the only thing I'd think of instead of changing the shield is making the Knights themselves more powerful to counter balance the shield change.

Also now about the KEGS being shot off your back thing. I love it, but what if there was a function where you can place kegs into wheelbarrows? This way it can easily counter balance how OP the archer has become, and allow you to carry one KEG on your back, and one in the wheelbarrow? Then archers can shoot at the wheel and damage it from moving.

Also I don't like not being able to damage the ground with explosives. If anything they should implement a special, very costly bomb that is able to destroy land, but because of how much it costs to make, it's not used as much,

11. fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock Catapult Fodder

Is this keg update going to be permanent? I see that there's apparently some support for knights losing their kegs with a single hit from another knight, but I've never been so frustrated with this game since this update.

12. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

It's going to be tweaked a bit, but pretty sure the fumbling mechanic itself is staying. I kind of like how keg runs can turn into a game of explosive hot potato. It also means you really need to defend the guy with the keg, no more walking into 5 enemy knights and letting them set the keg off for you.

13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Pfft... that would be glorious. A care package if you will. xD
    For some reason, I kinda imagined an archer launching a burger though the air, and then suddenly... the thing is turned into a McArthurs (Mcdonalds) Knight's meal box with a lil parachute on top.. drifting merrily into the heat of battle for a happy knight to consume. xD

Would be like:
    -Cook- Ah hello Sir, what would you like to have today...?
    -Knight- Yes yes, I'd like a nice burger to go please.
    -Cook- Mmhm... always the burgers. Everyone loves those things. Anything else? Would you like fries?
    -Knight- Yea, and a mug of mead to get those lost hearts back up and running.
    -Cook- Would you like to take it with you, or sent to you via our safe and secure Archer Service?
    -Knight- Yup. I hate rushing into battle with a McArthurs box in hand... my enemies always laugh at me...
    -Cook- Hah! No truer words were spoken... Alright that would be 20 gold pieces please. Be careful out there, dont die too fast. :3

xD

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

The Church of burgerdom is becoming more important for the devs

Stevedog and Sirpixelot like this.
  15. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Or influence spreads :P

16. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Server owners:
    LucasTT built a little page for showing what mods are available for auto-updating here.
    The column on the right shows the string you have to add to that mod's line in your mods.cfg file to enable auto-updates for it.
    It'll only work for mods that have 'Yes' in the download available column though... Which there aren't currently a lot of. So mod devs should really get on with sorting that out - upload your mods :p

Noburu likes this.
  17. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

It'll be nice to have a chance at stopping a keg knight without water arrows too.

18. 8x

Didn't notice the TDM maps, the modifications and the new ones, they're great!

Geti likes this.
  19. Gentleman_Salamander

Gentleman_Salamander Catapult Fodder

The keg nerf was well needed. The shield nerf buffed bombs, archers, sharks, swords and pretty much everything. I think it's good but maybe it was nerfed a bit too much. Also the anti terrain erosion change was VERY much needed. Thanks for listening to the community!

20. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No worries :^)

Re: shield too small - already fixed in test version, hopefully out by the end of this week.

I've also got a treat coming for "softcore" modders and TDM enthusiasts - TDM now has quite extensive .cfg configuration (costs, kills required, elimination mode, shops toggle), and the shops in CTF can also be tweaked with a config, though not quite as extensively. RTDM is now possible to make in TDM via configs, and a bunch of the maps have been doctored.

I've also fixed that "hit through corners" bug, finally. That's got to be the longest standing bug in KAG, haha.

The kegs are also not quite as heavy and held further back on the body to make it a little harder to hit with arrows, we'll play any further changes there by ear though.

Glad to see modding being taken up a little more readily now too.