1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1110

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, May 2, 2014.

1. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Might be problematic with fire and bomb arrows tho.

2. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

No, I was thinking about small maps.

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Trampolines :chicken:

4. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Fairnuff.dat
    Fun wouldn't last long as soon as an enemy builder put up a wood wall though

Mazey likes this.
  5. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Im seeing more and more builders spam tunnels underground, so far its to the point where almost every match with a sizeable underground has at least 5 or 6 tunnels all in close proximity, this makes it almost impossible to win. i suggest an increase in the cost of the tunnels stone, maybe 250 stone instead of a meager 100 would suffice, if it continues to be a glaring issue then make it cost gold as well. what do you think @Geti ?

6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

I would prefer gold than stone. Stone you use more to build towers and such. But gold is just used to build the siege shop (boat shop is never built unless they're doing the dinghy glitch, or just >team).

Yeah, I guess gold is fairly limit, maybe a trader?

bobotype and -Crimson- like this.
  7. tunnels used to require gold and they were borderline unusable then

8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yes.. please bring it back. I miss it so. D:

9. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

This is why some of my maps have frustrating to traverse undergrounds with lots of bedrock. Still possible to tunnel but not as easy to noobstrat your way through everything. Then again I haven't updated the maps I have actually uploaded in AGES so what am I talking about.

Maybe if tunnels seemed consistent in their ability to be killed that might help, some shops practically explode instantly the moment anything touches them, but tunnels almost seem to be able to have nukes dropped on them sometimes while other times you walk past them and they just pop. (I know they could have been damaged previously, but this seems to happen with seemingly untouched tunnels too, maybe the other team's builders accidentally harm them?)

10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Just make the barrier eat arrows, instead of reflecting them, and people.

Auburn likes this.
  11. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

You want the barrier to eat people? :eek:

In all seriousness though, my main point was it is functional right now as is. I'm not opposed to it stopping everything without having to do that reflecting nonsense, but the devs may have it work that way for a reason (to push people back who manage to glitch inside, perhaps?), or they just like it that way and don't want to change it.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  12. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Why deal with pushing people back instead of simply killing them, or porting them back to spawn?
    It'd be an immense waste of time for them, would forcefully make them reconsider their life decisions, and as it stands the current method actually entertains people.

13. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

well well, finally after some years the proper-assessment skills I learned come in handy
    About that patch
    + it's very nice that you used your precious time to work on the game and still give us patches 3 years afters releasing the game.
    - Not so great (in my humble opium), howerver is the content of the patch...but hey, atleast you tried; It's the taking part that counts!
    + Corpsed got nerved; NO corpse spam, -running tea-bagging and -necromancy anymore. I rly appreciate this (Sadly I still have to worry about enemies cataypulting corpsed at my Fort and decreasing my teams moral)

14. Boea

Boea Such Beta

@ccnc Geti comes from a game that has been developed for 13 years? It probably seems to be less of a sin to him as a result.

15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

About the tunnel, why not just make tunnels not able to be created underground, or at the very least slowly damages itself underground so they have to constantly keep replacing them, compared to being above ground? This will force them to not spam resources so much because they have to keep making tunnels, and also force them to more so keep them above ground.

bobotype likes this.
  16. kedram

Interesting idea, i think that might work, like maybe build the tunnel and then in like 2 minutes it breaks. i think anything longer than that would be too long and anything shorter would be too short. to be honest its either that or the gold i would like to see, hopefully theres a nerf coming down the line soon.

17. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Make tunnels easier to break? That could solve the problem.

18. kedram

not even that, the problem is that they are easily spammable underground, just the fact that they are underground is nuts, try dealing with 4 or 5 tunnels underground all protected by stone doors........ if they were in towers it would be easier to deal with. the main issue is definetly the ease at which one can make a tunnel, either make them slowly break underground or make them cost 250 stone or a debatable amount of gold.

19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Remove tunnels from this game

20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Teleporters were as they are now months ago, but players didn't use them this often. I've read while winning thanks to a teleporter at almost their flag room is "what a cheap win...". Maybe not being able to build teleporters if you are too close to the enemy last flag could solve this feeling, but I think it's pretty okay. Is, as flying with chickens, a tactic that can solve some matches but players don't like to suffer.