1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1110

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, May 2, 2014.

1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Perhaps you cannot have a tunnel too close to another tunnel else it won't build, and cannot have one too close to your actual base. Also perhaps a time limit placed on tunnel could also ease this up a bit (while introducing more stone to build it, along with a little bit of gold) where the time limit is if they don't use a tunnel every so few minutes, it becomes unusable and you have to break it and then rebuild it.

2. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

A lot of these ideas seem very round about and wouldn't make sense to most users considering the logic of "Why would my tunnel break when underground in a TUNNEL", along with stuff like that being not the greatest in terms of game design.

One solution would be to make them cost coins, maybe? That way they can be used even with a very limited supply of gold on the map while at the same time limiting spam. Another helpful solution might be making them slightly weaker so that those who DO break into the stone-door sealed rooms can actually destroy said tunnel before being killed. Another option would be limiting maps to have only maybe 4-5 tunnels per team?

Simple and straightforward solutions are generally the best.

bobotype likes this.
  3. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Maybe not the cap, but an added resource cost+weaker structures sounds good to me :)

4. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

How about NS2 esque tunnels. You place them down and you have to walk a short distance, 1/8th the distance? Enemies can walk through them--they would find supports that upon breaking would collapse the entire tunnel. Perhaps they can crumble overtime if enough supports are broken. If an enemy makes it all the way he comes out the other side, this would lead to builders placing the entrance/exits above traps for safe play. Perhaps all the tunnels should be interconnected. The spamming builders would suffer enemies raining in through their base.

5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It would be cool to have it where tunnels actually take you into a long tunnel to walk in. Like it's not part of the map itself that you can see, but when you use a tunnel it creates a small map which you're teleported into, that you have to walk down. And your idea about supports breaking making the tunnel useless would be perfect.

6. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

I'm still interested to hear why the corpse weight got changed. Disguising the team now is completly useless and using them as a bump projectile also.

Except for hiding mines there is no purpose for not completly removing them from the game.

zerd likes this.
  7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

because then you can't do this:
    [​IMG]
    if you removed them

8. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

this is true

9. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

Oh sorry, I forgot that this is an essential feature to keep the game entertaining. I'd even suggest adding different kinds of teabagging positions, teabagging sounds and an exclusive teabagging Head.
    Also
    • an ingame shop for buying corpses
    • a magic 8 ball that tells you what to do with your life next
    • and an ingame android smartphone that tells you that you can't play king arthurs gold on that device
    my last post was not a suggestion for removing corpses from the game. I just don't get why corpses were so powerful that they got a debuff.

Vampire and Konfitur like this.
  10. Godrow

Godrow Shopkeep Stealer

When i was your age we played build three! we would have to beat our computers with sticks to run it, and the resolution was 12x6

11. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

wouldn't it be easy to run if it was build three?

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Figured I should chime in on this - basically there was no good reason not to pick up every single enemy body you came across and use it as a "disguise". I prefer actions like that with some element of deception to have some serious trade-offs; I still see people carrying corpses as a disguise and fighting with them, so while you might find them "useless", some judge it differently.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Contrary like this.
  13. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/hiding-your-team-color-with-dead-bodies.18680/

I was never here...

*poof*

14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Some players use crates as disguise too, even ballista-catapult-boats crates. They get an advantage because you can't even see whether they're charging a slash or shielding, and it seems their carrying no weight.

Oh god Contrary made an appearance

15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

the tradeoff is that it doesn't work that well anyway, and you can't be holding other things or cooking bombs.
    But why are they so heavy and damaging? I also get stuck on corpses constantly, and it's very annoying. It reminds me of the classic build where every little giblet had a collision box and would deal damage and you'd just be whittled down the bone by debris before you knew what was going on.

zerd likes this.
  16. this was the best build since it brought some more (any) depth to knight combat. Those corpse throws <3

then they decided to remove damage on corpse throws and we were left with dead bodies blocking every vertical corridor

zerd and 101i like this.
  17. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

oh great you told him, now I have to live without crates in the next build.

Geti, its nice to think that the one or two player you saw carriying corpses was meant a tactic of disguise.
    But the corpses are useless for any tacticts. Even if you fool an enemy you have no advantage. At the latest you get busted at the first enemie walking your path or the first 4blocks tall wall. You can't walk through enemies, you can't walk through their teamdoors and everyone can see your color if you wallglide ove a tower. When the corpse for disguise was still a thing I noticed most corpses get crushed by your own teammates either accidentally or because you looked like the enemy trying to disguise (That goes as far that I taunted my own teammates j4fun). Compromise, restore the old corpses and change it to corpses immediatly crush if you try to attack while holding one.

Additional; corpses as armor
    http://www.wired.com/2014/06/absurd-creature-of-the-week-assassin-bug/

Vampire likes this.