1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1180 - Shop, Boat, Map, Coin Tweaks and Many Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Pretty big build - lots of small changes accumulating over time. We would have liked to have made this as several separate builds but each week the build server had something else wrong with it. However, the more troublesome nodes have been moved to more stable hardware and things have gone along smoothly this week.
    [​IMG]
    • Shop Changes
      Largely a community sourced change, shops now have a nicer button layout, show damage (using the frames that were previously unused), and are generally a little more polished. Notably, quarters now allows sleeping in a bed inside the structure for free, time based healing.
    • Tunnel Changes
      Tunnels are now able to be used by both teams - this means that you need to build a vault around any tunnels inside your base to prevent getting invaded through them. This change should make tunnels a more strategically important building for both teams, and help prevent cheesy flag rushes.
    • Voting Changes
      Players can now abstain from votes they don't want to have a say in (to get rid of the box), and admins can now cancel the vote if they have the right seclev set.
    • Boat Changes
      Boats have been reworked a little - dinghies and longboats are faster now, warboats do less ramming damage to blocks, and longboats do more (especially with multiple rowers). This should help with the boat's utility in game, we'll see if we need to take more measures in this direction after the build has been in circulation for a while.
    • Map Changes
      Many CTF maps should be less prone to stalemates or extreme early rushes, and a few maps have been retired completely.
    • Coin Tweaks
      There's fairly dramatically increased coin income from damaging siege weapons and enemy vehicles - this especially applies to archers as an alternative revenue stream from frontline support.
    • New Example Mod - M16
      A simple example mod by MM (sprites by me) adding an M16 to the archer in TDM.
    • Fixes and Misc Changes
      • No more getting into crates
        As fun as it might be for you, we're quite tired of complaints about players effectively wasting a team slot by spending the entire game asking their team to carry them into battle. The code is still in there, just commented out for those who want this in modded servers.
      • Fixed minimap sometimes getting "stuck" off.
      • Fixed m_seed defaulting to wrong value - old servers will have to manually change this though (/rcon /m_seed 0, or set it in autoconfig)
      • Static blobs with attachments falling.
        You know how flags sometimes "weirdly" fall through the ground? This should fix that.
      • "Quick Double Slashing" bug fixed.
        If you've ever been surprised by a double slash that "probably shouldn't have happened" but not been quite sure what was causing it, this fix might help there.
      • Spikes give kills
        Builders can now see their kills (or lack thereof) from placed spike traps.
      • See changelog for the rest!
    Code:
    [added] abstaining from votes
    [fixed] wierd downward-floating desync for static blobs with attachments
    [fixed] knight "quick-double-slash" bug
    [added] rayne chicken head (fear the chicken)
    [fixed] potential overflow issue with the minimap not showing
    [fixed] issue with wood vehicle damages getting passed on for projectiles
    [modified] coin income from building workshops (less) and hitting siege (more)
    [removed] getting into crates
    [fixed] using halls as tunnel as enemy
    [modified] removed tunnel travel team limitation
    [fixed] broken code in defaultbuilding relying on overlap functions that was breaking for quarters (now uses AABBs)
    [added] dinghies cost 100w and 25c (spam mitigation)
    [modified] mazey head (5th time now, hopefully last. looks less like a tumour)
    [modified] new german official server IP
    [fixed] sleeping head frames for people with unique heads
    [modified] community fix: spikes give the builder kills (thanks Skinney)
    [modified] community fix: ctf shop buttons are laid out horizontally (thanks Skinney)
    [fixed] community fix: ctf shops use appropriate damage frames (thanks Skinney)
    [modified] community fix: quarters allows free sleeping with a time-cost to heal (thanks Skinney)
    [modified] community fix: ctf flags collide with blob blocks where appropriate (thanks Skinney)
    [modified] builder cant put wood backwall on stone backwall
    [modified] updates to newtortuga - mid more resilient, less redundant base stuff, more room for tunneling under mid
    [modified] addressed a few concerns with EjMap (stalling, horizontal movement)
    [modified] feedback on JTG Aqueduct and BoulderLake taken into account (less gimmicks, more terrain polish, etc)
    [modified] moved flags out of terrain on fellere map
    [modified] dinghy and longboat faster
    [modified] can't get into carried dinghy
    [modified] longboat better at ramming tiles
    [modified] mine doesn't take fall dmg
    [modified] mine has knockback on hit
    [modified] mine has double hp for slightly longer "defuse"
    [fixed] sound scrollbars up button not working
    [added] new mod example M16 as extra class action for archer
    [modified] steps on the sound sliders
    [fixed] crash when trying to perform "reload" command on local server
    [added] new seclev "vote_cancel"
    Have Fun!
    Geti/Max

Stevedog, WarrFork, valtzu and 16 others like this.
  2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Which maps have gone exactly?

3. Bint

Bint Haxor

tumblr_ms7bvi97pz1r9corao2_400.gif

4. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

This: Tunnels are now able to be used by both teams -> more like classic <3
    and this: [modified] mazey head (5th time now, hopefully last. looks less like a tumour) / still looks fat and ugly

Awesome update. I luv changes with mines and option to cancel votekicks. Time to test it!
    I hope nothing is f:anger:ked up :D

Heisennberg and Joiken like this.
  5. Bint

Bint Haxor

omg the updates to mines are amazing.

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

When will fire arrows give kills?

7. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Great update! The tunnel will make the game more interesting, and finally you get something for saving your team from vehicles. Good job with the vote system and balancing the game a bit, could be better in the future though. Which I would like to bring back from the classic version is the scoring system:
    You get coins/score for building and mining, placing blocks and making siege weapons, so not only wrecking knights are on the top, but maybe the builder who defends their flag and gets the enemy flag.

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The beginning of a total conversion of KAG into a game with Guns?

9. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Shiprekt didn't converse KAG into a pirate game, it's just a mod for fun

10. Recreating Soldat is THD's specialty.

11. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Good looking update

12. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Now I have to make these frames in moded shop textures ::(:
    Still, great update!

13. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

This makes me happy.
    Now fix mines dropped on death not giving kills (unless that's intentional) and invisible mines (sometimes they appear to break but are still there serverside).

Sir_Walter, RadioActive and zerd like this.
  14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hm. I'm not sure how I like the idea of all tunnels being useable by all people. or example, a griefer teamswaps, gathers materials, and builds a tunnel right next to a flag. That seems like it'll end badly. I still think allowing a team tunnel to be capturable by the enemy is a better choice, strategically, as it means spamming tunnels can bite you in the ass when your foes get a second wind, but they also can't be immediately used against you.

I'll have to actually play a round to see how they function though. Not a good idea to judge this hastily.

15. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Any griefing of any form is bad, no shit.

Remove stone because you can build spikes that hurt your team
    Remove saws because they teamkill
    Remove kegs because they can ruin your base

PUNK123, Sir_Walter and Noburu like this.
  16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's actually very important that they can be immediately used against you so there's any form of possible counter to cheesy tunnel flag captures. So far I've seen a few teams "bitten" by not using a tunnel vault or saw trap underneath, but the players involved seemed to cotton on quickly, and you can always manually remove problematic tunnels.

Yeah this has been something I've been trying to find but haven't been able to crack it yet.

lol

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah I see the strategic value in them being usable immediately and etc. One thing that bugs me though, do all tunnels link to all other tunnels, do your tunnels link to your own tunnels (and vice-versa for the enemy tunnels) and you can only use a blue team tunnel to travel the blue team network, or is there some other way they work? Because if red team puts a tunnel down and so does blue team, having both their tunnels link together seems stupid to me.

I still wanna play and see how it works on monday so I'm impatiently waiting on that.

18. Geti

Of course they are still separated by team, we aren't monkeys :^)

19. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

Yusss worth the wait for this fix :smug:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 13, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 13, 2014 ---
    Yusss worth the wait for this fix :smug:

20. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Tunnel + saw = killfarm. It's like minecraft' mob grinder but this version is designed to kill noob players.

NoobGrinder2000 is even better coz occasionally it can catch pros and change them back into noobs.
    It's 200% better and more awesome than this from Classic version. We had a lot of fun testing them yesterday .
    noobgrinder2000.png

I forgot about one important thing:
    Enemies: TELEPORTING WITH LIT KEGS IS NOT ALLOWED!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014