1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

this post brings me to 2 conclusions :you prefer alpha kag and you havent played kag much before this build because there have always been builders rushing with ladders and knight shield ladders being used in almost any game

Fuzzle and Asu like this.
  2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

1) I dont, classic is buggy, sluggish and lacks modding. I prefer release kag.
    2) yes i played a lot, not as much as now(sunk a few extra hours into kag today), as i've said before 18 times in this thread. quit questioning how much i play the game because it's making you look dumb.
    sure once in awhile you'd get a "battle builder" but for the most part builders were useless in previous builds, now even the mute players are rushing forward to help their team. shield ladders were never used because you could just climb up everything, half the time players would just try to climb the walls themselves rather than work together.

maybe its different on servers you play, i dont know, i only stick to a few myself because of ping.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I think that too many things been fixed at the same time. Please, fix one/several thing, let the players get used to it, fix another, let the players get used to it and so on... Could be weekly or so. Now it feels like KAG is a mess and all the players trying to clear things up.

Maybe next time...

4. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Archers are not overpowered, towers are less underpowered.

5. SirCharizard

SirCharizard Builder Stabber

Guys. Can't we all join together and unite against the one real problem that we are encountering?

Why can't archers ride on knights?
    2525252578787878:X3:

Anonymuse likes this.
  6. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

I didnt say that, you have to read again my sentence. I just wanted to say that we played with different builds (thats why i said we are longer here than you). We accepted changes, we whined sometimes. 1215 days on this game mean a lot of devs. With each build, players can complain.

I will take another example. Soldat, MM's previous game. On each new version, there was a different weapon balance :

People complained a lot : "THEY DESTROYED MY AK, I QUIT, CANNOT FUCKING PLAY ANYMORE. But players get used to it and they learned how to play with these changes. A ak can rule a season of a tournament while the spas will rule another one. We call that change and its for a better gameplay. Just for your information, there are still players on soldat and even some competitive events. Some left, some stayed. Like on every game.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

I haven't had the chance to play yet, but it sounds as the update adresses the correct issues. I personally didn't like the knight combat in the previous builds that much, too much of a slash-fest imo. If someone knew how to slash and slashed first, he could continue slashing and you would continue blocking the whole time, without the defending having a proper chance to counter it. The jab interrupting the slash now sounds pretty good and logical!

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I noticed while we had it hectic here it seems it's starting to even out and people are bitching less and giving legit reasons why they don't like it. (IE, Punk.)

9. these fixes and changes were not properly tested, because i submitted them shortly before this build went public. i wouldnt be surprised if there were new bugs introduced in the process. in that case you are free to blame me and let me know. it would be nice if some of you guys (im thinking of @RadioActive, since he raged about this bug lately) took some time to test spectator and tried to push it to the limits until it breaks. before this fix it would break if you switched to spectator right after dying, try testing this and also following players (and not only players - it was also possible to follow migrants and it was quite buggy, but that's fixed now. there might be some other things you can follow, but shouldnt).

10. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

For everyone dissatisfied with the new update; I'm hosting a server with version 1180.
    It's called: "Back to the Future".

8x, kodysch and Asu like this.
  11. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

10 pages is not enough for you?

12. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

There were a several bugs in previous builds related to spectator mode. Now I can not find even one! It seems that the spectator mode finally works as it should but i'm not 100% sure yet.
    I tested following cam for now and it works properly. I'll let ya know if I find any bugs.
    Good job mate :P

And btw. this update rocks, I love it.
    :heart:

Noburu and norill like this.
  13. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

After playing the game multiple times since the update and since my last post, I'd have to say that most updates were well deserved. However, many maps are becoming long and brutal stalemate maps. Games that would normally last maybe 10-20 minutes are lasting at least an hour which is not always a positive thing due to some people just wanting to have quick matches and not long drawn out battles that sit in the middle for 70% of the game. Some people have things to do irl you know and 60+ mins for a match may be impossible :).

I still feel the jabs are quite obnoxious and the ping really does play a role as stated. If they feel like they're losing, jab spam jab spam jab spam. I really feel a stamina system for jabbing could help the situation a bit. If we're going realistic-ish-er about gravity, shield flying, shield break reductions, and everything else, let's at least make it so spamming the crap out of jabs isn't an easy kill on many people. 3 jabs, then jab at 1/2 speed would be my personal suggestion as it still leaves open the possibility of canceling a slash quickly but would no longer be spammable to a ridiculous degree. I also believe it's contributing to the stalemate-ishness of many maps now.

Builders are now quite useful and I feel it's an excellent update in that regards. I've seen many builders actually building and attempting to go out into the field a lot more often, as opposed to before where most of them would sit inside castle walls and never leave.

Special arrow spam I guess has affected things a bit but not much from what I've seen. Then again, I would always use a single special arrow at a time as an archer because it's more precise.

Also, side-note, teamwork definitely required now for most things. Unless you have bombs that is. Can still carry just as hard with a sack of bombs as a knight.

14. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Totally agree, I think some elements need to be tweaked to make more types of offensive possible, not just one extremely strong one ie: knights. Maybe balistae and other siege weapons should take longer to capture, because right now balistae get neutralised incredibly quickly. Or maybe increase their range?

Best thing right now is to try it out for a bit, to allow new tactics do develop and players to adjust. Once we've got the hang of things, then we can see what needs to be done. On the bright side, these matches are lot more back-and-forth, as opposed to the 'no man's land' matches of the last build.

Actually, now that I think about it, tickets maybe the, eh, ticket?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

We need a stun bar, and not every jab stuns you. Like it takes 3 jabs to take the bar down to stun you, then once the stun wears off, it's filled back up. The one little bit would speed up the game, while not speeding it up too much.

Now would it be possible to add in a thing where it allows knights to climb walls with a shop that lets you buy boots that allow you to stick to surfaces such as walls?

16. Deputy

Deputy Builder Stabber

absolutely disgusting update

Fuzzle likes this.
  17. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Absolute lack of reasons why... equals mad and argumentless.

DatNobby and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

In addition to crashing a lot, I've found myself climbing up wood bridges lately. Is there some trick to do it, or is this a bug?

19. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

You've always been able to wall-run and wall-kick off of any side of a platform, but I've also noticed that I've been accidentally wall-run along platforms lately.
    I guess it's gotten (a lot) easier to do?

Edit: I was talking about the 3 sides of platforms that you can move across. I'm not sure about ShnitzelKiller, but I'd assumed that was what he was talking about.
    Edit 2: In hindsight I might be an idiot.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  20. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

some people haven't read.....

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.