1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. bout

bout Shark Slayer

"You can also no longer infinitely climb up walls with wall jumping."

Noo! Why did you do this, Geti?! :QQ:

TheAverageMan and Fuzzle like this.
  2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

i wasn't mad. i respect your opinions but i'll state when you're wrong. many people have said jab spam is op, it is not, you can literally just shield it, and they become stunned. many have said knight no longer takes skill, but it takes even more skill now, you're forced to use ALL of your tools instead of just slash.

the one point i'd agree with you on is that jabs are a bit too fast currently, but that's it.

seems pretty heavily implied here.

BTW, it does matter how many posts someone on the forum has made, because they've made an effort to become an active part of the community. their word isnt more important than yours, but most of the time we dont need to question what they say because they've been around a while and made a commitment to the game. more than can be said about you, planning to ragequit after one balance patch. sorry but there isnt much merit behind your word if you cant give a balance patch a few days before threatening to quit.

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Maybe I'm wrong, but haven't KAG jabs in the current version always been like 20% slower than they used to be in the Alpha kag? They might still be too fast, but they always felt a bit sluggish to me compared to classic.

4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

jabs are like super saiyan 5 in beta compared to classic idk what you're talking about lol

5. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

the drill thing sucks. Also. if the builder is the only one who can handle it, why is still in the Deatmatch shop anyway?

Anonymuse and 101i like this.
  6. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I think Knights still need a way, albeit a slow way, to damage blocks without the need for a builder.
    IE, something they can buy for their weapons that allows them to damage blocks each time they swing, which allows them to damage 2 blocks at a time (their swing radius) so while it's slower than a Builder or a drill, it allows them to have some chance.

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

Funny fact: most of crying people (yes crying, 'olol its shit so bad')are the guys who were playing a lone knight in the previous update. -according to what i saw-

franek123 likes this.
  8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What I hate is the idiots telling me "don't jab spam!" when I'm being rushed by like 5 damn knights from both sides and had to jab a few and jump up. They actually expect me to slash in that situation when it's quicker to jab, shield, jump, and slash once I am free to.

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Why'd you even listen to that, just do what you feel what's best/most effective. It's just chat.

Auburn and bout like this.
  10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

There are these things, I don't know if you know about them, but they're called bombs.

11. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Silly Auburn, bombs are only for killing people. That's why we had all-class drills.
    Next you'll be saying we can use them to jump over things we used to inf wallclimb over.

12. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

While I do appreciate the humour, you are not always in the position where you are carrying bombs, making you sometimes grind to a halt when there's a little pillar blocking your way, sort of annoying : (

---
    Also, it doesn't seem that arrow ladders are getting any more popular ::(:. Archers seem to be using them just as much as they were before this update (which was pretty much never). Same goes for stepping on another knight's shields to get over a small pillar, it doesn't really seem that the percentage of knights and archers helping each other over obstacles has gone up in any way, maybe I've just been on the wrong server at the wrong time and not really noticed the opposite though. The only thing I notice is that builders seem to come out into the battle more often -at least on more populated servers which is a good sign, I guess.

Still enjoying kag a butt ton tho, just slightly annoying when you have no bombs, and no archer makes an arrow ladder or no one wants to be the un-lucky chap left behind when they do a shield boost.

13. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I try and make arrow ladders when I can, but it seems knights don't even understand them 70% of the time. Also, the arrows but out 50/50 and don't stay for long in the wall. Any idea why?

TheAverageMan likes this.
  14. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Yeah, knights don't notice them at all. :QQ:

15. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

What if you made it so tickets are part of the vote system and if players were in a stalemate too long they could vote to see whether or not they wanted to change to tickets.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    NinjaCell, Dargona1018 and crackwise like this.
  16. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Brief overall review(of sorts) of the serious changes:
    Knight:
    Shield Glide is no longer infinite
    Reduces knight mobility but not like knights bomb jump/ keg structure anyways. Removing le wall climb gives structures more purpose now.
    Jab does minor stun
    Encourages players to consider jab when attacking willy-nilly
    Slash doesn't break shield for as long
    Allows player on receiving end of 'le slash' to react and possibly live.
    Circle of Power
    'Rock,paper,scissor' system with extra gimmicks. No single action is as people sometimes describe as 'OP'.
    Archer:
    Reduced stun range

Praises archers who keep their distance like you expect from archer.
    Special Arrow spam discouraged
    I shall quote "encourage actually aiming with special arrows"
    Builder:
    Drills builder only

Builder as a class now has more purpose and quicker methods of construction. What will the community decide upon next?
    Non-class specific:
    Map borders
    As maps are now limited in space, players will be thoughtful when constructing structures, this is because each block counts now...I guess.
    Weaker Wall-run
    Structures already had more significance with the previous changes in the build, but all classes will be limited in mobility by this change.
    Brief overall review of fixes and minor changes:
    Each individual change compliments together to a smooth and refined KAG experience. From Tips on Death, to 'No Chat Bubble' option.

Lastly, I'd like to tip my hat to everyone that developed this build. And also you, the community, for creating many enjoyable and everlasting experiences on KAG. You can think what you please of this review, I just ask that you be constructive and considerate in your response.
    KEEP CALM AND KAGGETH ON!!!

17. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

The developers have obviously not put enough thought into this update and the consequences of it. 1215 have evolved into a conflict where people have been quarreling and friendships, ruined -- some even became so frustrated that they were considering to leave the game .. hopefully nobody went this far. What most of you -- the people that actually love this update -- thinks, is that we detest or dislike this update for making changes to knight combat and increasing the gravitational force ( .. and those two alone ). They're contributing to our detestation; knight combat have changed into something a bit different than what we're used to, but it's not my conviction that this is of great importance to us. In contrast, the increase of gravity is making it more difficult to get across the map; we need a builder to pave the way ( this takes a bunch of time, and is easily countered by the enemy ) -- this is often resulting in stalemates ( strange how everyone suddently are demanding tickets, huh? ). Thus winning is now dependent of a close teamwork between the knight, archer and the builder, and I hear you yelling: 'teamwork .. that's a good thing!'. The problem is that teamwork isn't seen in most matches. While some knights eager to get the best score ( .. enhanced on servers such as Black Death that have ranking systems ), the builders -- who now lead the war -- are left to themselves ( .. nothing new ).

I know that the community have been involved in developing this update, and that it's a common belief that an enhanced aspect of teamwork is good for the game. The community consists of players that are organized and skilled unlike new players. I have encountered numerous stalemates and generally the play have become more stationary -- waiting for the enemy to come out.

Another depressing thing is the dark sky; it feels like playing in a box? I want @ShinySkies back.

One last thing: what's the purpose of the drill?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    DatNobby and PUNK123 like this.
  18. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Drills will help you destroy blocks way faster.

I think that they have balanced both the knight and archer classes just fine, now they need to make the builder a more desirable class rather than a class that people feel like they have to switch to. Builders have a strong ability that most classes don't, the ability to build and change the environment! I think the builder is very squishy (which it should be), but when any class gets too close the builder's only choice is to run away. Being a battle builder means you have to have smart teammates that protect you and a lot of the time your teammates are usually looking out for themselves. I think they should either add more items for the builder to use or buff the pick's range. Builders don't have a strong chance of winning a fight as it is. Maybe they could add an item that covers builders (like a shield), but the builders would have to drop it in order to build?

The last thing we need is builders to be overpowered/invincible, but we should change it so they aren't the least desirable class.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    SirDangalang, DatNobby, Vidar and 2 others like this.
  19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The game honestly hasn't changed as much as you think it has. When I first read the notes I was kind of apprehensive as well, but after playing for a week I've grown to like it. The knight combat is much better now I think, now that well-timed jabs and shields are actually useful. Last build, knight combat basically boiled down to whoever was able to slash the other one first won the fight.

I'd also say it seems like I've seen more teamwork and less stalemate since the update, but that's just my experience.

And here's the thing about the gravity changes. You can still get over walls and wreak havoc as a knight! It just takes bombs now, and you can't just climb over the tallest of walls with ease. And it also isn't quite as easy, due to knight combat changes. It hasn't been nerfed into the ground and removed from the game. It's just that now, it isn't literally the only important part of the game.

You're right about the black sky though, that's something I hope they'll change.

20. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

how to be melodramatic ; a guide by fuzzle

[​IMG]