1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I see regular teamwork in matches. It's not always totally coordinated but it exists. Knights wrecking everything was stupid. Stalemates are less of a problem than zero extra towers.

These stalemates are very back and forth unlike before where one team held a constant advantage until they obtained a flag and then had to tackle the next line of defense. Then you had the maps where both of the end towers were so big and strong that the middle became a horrible mess and could only be overcome by a lucky knight who loved to solo. (see every water map ever).

All the weaker archers did was camp waaay back. A good 75% of builders were at least minor minecrafters who focused on building up the flag towers because knights would kill them easily if they did anything else. This resulted in extremely high defenses around the flag. To combat this knight mobility and killing power were boosted to ridiculous levels, meaning soloing was not the best option to win but the only option. (well there is tunnels, but that only works on some matches and that's just really builder soloing anyway.)

I'd rather have half-assed teamwork than zero teamwork. I'd rather have 1 in 10 knights see my arrow ladder than let them wallclimb everything. I'd rather take a keg up a tower as an archer sacrificing myself than have it so that one knight with a 60-coin mine can do the same.

I've seen your play style. It was: landmine everything. It was a broken weapon + a broken class.

You talk like tickets are inherently bad. They're not. They may encourage camping but that will have to be seen. Whatever it will do it will be superior to the last several builds.

Your argument is that the devs didn't think that people would hate the update. They are devs. People complain about everything. I have heard MM say that no matter how bad something is, people will want it kept in the game. Every time someone whines about unbalance against experienced players (bobotype), they always underestimate the devs.
    "Ahh the developers have failed us! It's not like they have their own ideas for the game!"

The point on the drill is to give builders an item. Yeah, that's the class that people only use at the start and then new players use to hang around spawn. Now they can actually do something upfront.

Not everything has to be knight centred. That's why a lot of people are confused and rage so much about jab-spamming. They don't realise the changes to tower building and the effect that has on the archer and builder offensive metagame. Knights are now weaker, as they should be. There are still things to be fixed, but this update has moved the game in a much better direction.

KAG is a much different game after this update. A game where you build towers. And have an option of three equally important classes. Which must band together to defeat the enemy. This is not a simple change like the jab-spam. It's stupid to expect instant teamwork after such a sudden update. The Super-Soloing-Knight-Brigade is much to blame for that. They still expect everything to be done by them and the other classes are only for minimal back-up.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

On the topic of arrow ladders, I still barely see them, especially because most archers just grapple over the obstacle and are done with it.

Jabs- I feel like the stun after hitting a shield might be a bit too short, or the jab too fast; either way most of the time the enemy just jabs out of the stun before I can get one in myself, pretty annoying.

3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

my reasons explained why i didnt like the build and how it hampered teams even in a 3 vs 4 situation

4. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

I like the new build.

Makes teamwork even more necessary, and raises the skill-cap.

Nice job KAG team.

:wink::thumbs_up:

franek123 and Noburu like this.
  5. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

After playing the build for a while I can say it has improved the game a lot. Teamwork is more relevant, and you don't get to see many 1 vs all knights winning the match by themselves and rekting multiple enemy groups. As someone above said, the skill cap has been increased.

Thing is, the devs made a bad move when implementing so many tweaks with one single patch, hence the initial reactions of angry people that can't see outside the box. Next time they should opt for a more gradual patching or whatever its called

SirDangalang, NinjaCell and franek123 like this.
  6. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Seems the bottom line is as with anything is that people ask for infinite changes and when a finite amount of changes are made they are hated by some naturally. Personally after playing intensively for over a week I like the new build if apprehensive at first, but I assume EVERYONE is like that because with these mechanic tweaks all it boils down to is learning the new meta with can take time and is frustrating (mine was learning to deal with the new knight jabspam tendency which in a week a lot of people have learnt to counter aka shield more, Archer distancing etc).

The awesome thing is which many people have mentioned is that KAG now is really feeling more like a team based game than it has ever been for so many reasons, from legitimate offensive builders to more fluid and complex combat as a knight that goes beyond simple timing and needing to rely on other classes. Things such as wall climbing which I didn't mind staying in the game were taken out and my perspective changed to see how important such a tweak encouraged coordinated efforts to destroy towers than previously as people mentioned.

Given time I think everyone will just understand the new meta encouraged by this build and appreciate the type of team based gameplay that is being brought to the table. And if they do not then whatever, I'm currently having a blast playing with others in all classes as opposed to everyone needing to be Dat OP Solo Knight in order to have a fun and rewarding experience.

Thank you devs, love you long time :heart:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  7. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I sometimes do arrow-ladders over small structures if there is a threat for myself to go up, but arrows despawn too quick to do anything amazing :(.

8. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

personally i'v
    the main reason arrows ladders don't work when I do them imo is that the arrows despawn on larger walls, and most knights are clueless
    by the time I explain all the arrows despawn ::(:

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If you play archer a lot, use the new emote rebind and make the ladder one of your three mains. Then when you shoot the wall, spam ladder.

Also if Geti hasn't already, arrow ladder should be in the death tips.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

What if you were able to press '2' and not get a ::):, instead you get "Make an arrow ladder!" or "Follow me!". Sounds good to me. Maybe you could turn them off if you wanted to.

11. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Playing this for a while, I found everything was more balanced. Awesome work Devs!

12. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

A new ticket based game mode.

Solaris likes this.
  13. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

#bringbacktaunts ?

14. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

Solaris, FuzzyBlueBaron, 101i and 2 others like this.
  15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Knight combat is much better now
    ~former best knight

101i likes this.
  16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Screw the emote thing, allow servers to have recorded voices on their team can hear. For instance, press a certain button and it yells "MAKE AN ARROW LADDER FUCKERS!"

or "STOP MINECRAFTING!"

and certain one's the other team can hear, like "YOU SUCK!"

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Now now Duplolas, what have I told you about making bad sugg- oh wait it's Thiamor. Not you TOO.

18. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Or voice chat :wink:.

kodysch likes this.
  19. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

no thanks bobotype.

i hear enough rage from KAG in the mumble (no names *cough* @Arcrave *cough*) to satisfy myself for years. it's like a non-renewable resource of black rage.

20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

How about a whisper mechanic that plays a sound, or ANYTHING for god's sake, to get the attention of phased-out archers and builders who need to be told something?

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.