1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

They already know about this bug and I'm pretty sure it'll be fixed next update.
    It's brutal bug that makes you look like a noob. :rekt:

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

No offense intended, just directing traffic (which in my experience means I need to be rather, ahem, direct to ensure the message goes through). Believe me, if I wanted to tear strips off-of you mine would be an entirely different sort of post... :teabag:

And now, back to the main show! (srsly, any further off-topic should be taken to PM or profiles)

kodysch, Noburu and Malitha like this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Already fixed next version - since last Tuesday when it was ferried to me. Is indeed a pain - though the fact that people are noticing is indicative of more forward builders ingame.

Yeah I've already looked at it a few times, pretty sure there's something unclear being done in the engine code there that I'm not quite "grasping" - it happens to go through 4 separate places so it's kind of hard to get them all onscreen and nut it out properly. Same thing _might_ happen with bombs too, can't remember.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

There is also a bug where arrows that have been shot and are now sticking to a wall will prevent a builder from putting a workshop there. (Arrows on side of wall prevent workshops)

Anonymuse likes this.
  5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

This is not really the place to say it, better post it here : https://forum.kag2d.com/forums/bug-reports.78/

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You sound like one of those k/d fags. I don't care how many times I die in a match, only that my presence helps win the match. I am not opposed to kamikaze tactics, stomping, grappling over a base in order to annoy the enemy, and other things like that. Additionally, my point had nothing to do with dying and more that I never run out of arrows. I always have like 60+ arrows just from running around and picking up dropped arrows from dead archers.

Hell, I even have a video to prove it.

http://youtu.be/NxroS98yacU?t=2m00s

I ran out of arrows, and just grabbed some that were lying on the ground near me. Running out of arrows is nigh impossible to me, unless you sit in the back spamming arrows at thin air instead of moving forward with your knights, in which case you have no right to talk about bad archer tactics.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Beef, Monsteri, Noburu and 1 other person like this.
  7. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I can assure you I'm not a K/D fag, as you can see with just about every CTF match I play seriously. Plus, your video proves nothing more than "Oh! Some convenient arrows in front of me! I guess I'll pick those up!". That's a single instance in a single game. This doesn't mean you'll always have convenient arrow stacks lying around for you to pick up.

8. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

anon only uses water arrows though

Anonymuse likes this.
  9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yes it does, because I always do find convenient arrows stacks. Hell, just walking around between the towers you'll usually see arrows from a teammate or enemy archer who was killed while charging across the map. And if running out of arrows is still a problem, you can buy 90 arrows for like... 40 coins? 60? It's really cheap. Just buy them and then charge out to battle.

kodysch likes this.
  10. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Completely ignored the whole point of my post... it takes you out of battle if you don't find a convenient stack. Nice strawman though.

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If you're behind a tower spamming arrows: buy more arrows for really cheap at a shop that's likely to be very close to where you are.
    If you're out in the field with knights killing shit like you should be: pick up one of the multitudes of arrows guaranteed to be lying around at absolutely no cost to you. Considering even MORE people are playing archer and dying as archer than they used to back when I made that video, I find it strange that you think stacks of arrows aren't lying around everywhere. I haven't been in a single match with 4 or more players on each side since this build where both teams didn't have at least one archer, and generally as the number of players goes up, more archers are present.

Also, I don't think you know what a strawman is, because I definitely did not use a strawman.

12. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think this thread has ran its usefulness at this point. Theres been tons of whining and a bit of good feedback and now its all bickering. No one is forcing you to stay and play. Most of you have already got more than your money's worth out of this game, I know I have. Either stay and adapt or GTFO.

[​IMG]

franek123 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

god forbid people use a topic on a forum to discuss the game

14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It becomes irrelevant when people go to insulting how others play.

Noburu likes this.
  15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Noburu has a point. People can go take their bickering elsewhere as it's neither helpful, nor informative, nor entertaining. Further off-topic by people who have already posted in this thread will result in infractions being handed out. :huh?:

kodysch and Noburu like this.
  16. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

Just a little reminder to everyone. Some people bought this, a finished game, for what it was, initially. Now the developers are changing important mechanics and always keep expecting people to suck it up and deal with it. Well it might be true that this is the only thing people can do in such situations. But another true fact is that its disrespectful against the fans who paid money for your game. Heres a thought: If your game is not finished, dont pretent it is.

Fuzzle likes this.
  17. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Disrespect is not being able to accept someone else not behaving to your every whim and fancy. You are not the only KAG fan there is. With the amount of updates there has been, and the option of buying classic then having automatic access to the release, it is literally impossible for the developers to cater to every single person who bought it at different times.

If you hate it so much, gather up your buddies and go get a version of the older, infinitely worse build. If you complain you don't have enough people, looks like the devs are giving the majority of fans what they want. If you somehow find enough people to play your horrible stagnant version, good. Now go away and allow the rest of us to give the devs feedback. If you hate updates so much, then there's really no reason you should be here.

Galen, Anonymuse and Noburu like this.
  18. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

I bought it because I liked the early FULL released version actually. You know what a finished game means? It means no more big gamebreaking changes. But some developers certainly dont look at it like that, or maybe cant. I heard MM even did this with soldat aswell. But that doenst make it something that should be accepted.
    I honestly believe this is the result of bad planning and some other things on the kag development teams part. probably due inexperience. Also I think that sometimes its inevitable with a complicated game like kag. But when you fuck up, also accept that people arent gonna be happy about it and face it like a man. Because I find that this is 100% the developers fault, as they are forcing a different game in peoples throats. What we have now is not what people bought with the steam release. Dont get me wrong im not actually mad and I wanna give the developers many oppertunities to fix this broken game. But I entirely understand people that dont accept this. Because, and i will say it again, this is the fault of the developers, not the players.

Fuzzle likes this.
  19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Did you even play the last two patches to be able to compare them? They really aren't that much different. Stop being overdramatic. I honestly cannot understand why anyone thinks this patch totally ruined the game.

20. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

what if a majority of testers voted on a feature that you find so "gamebreaking"? geti and the development dont just send out updates willy-australia-nilly and expect good responses; they send it out to testers and have it tested rather repeatedly to see if there's anything that could be /that/ broken. there's builder, knight, /AND/ archer input into whether something added or fixed will break the balance of the game. i'd rather have skillfull slashing w/ annoying jabs than laggy momentum BS w/ jabs that do nothing whatsoever. the only thing needed here is maybe slowing down jabs a little and it'll be good.

Apronymous, NinjaCell, Noburu and 3 others like this.