1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

All this crap being spewed about jab spamming being OP...

The real MASSIVE benefit about the jab stun is so that you have a chance against some goddamn knight who keeps slashing and continuously jumping on your face. If you're playing a good knight, there's absolutely no escape, and that sucks. I like the idea of a well placed single jab to stop him from totally anal-hilating you.

Also, this means you're going to have to time your slashes EVEN BETTER instead of rando rubber-banding double slashes being the cure-all for shitty unimaginative knights.

Everything about this update is great, and I'm so glad Geti and others such as norill and Skinney helped get it all together to make gameplay more balanced and less mindless. Thanks guys.

2. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

So you can rebind emoticons, so I can spam hearts nonstop?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Kububv and Anonymuse like this.
  3. Sphere

Sphere Bison Rider

Not working out for me, crashing when joining servers...

4. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Yeah, you should be able to bind different emotes for numbers and/or letters, haven't tried yet though. (at work kek)

5. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Really enjoying the features in this update! Oh how I will miss you wall-gliding. Congrats @Geti & co!

6. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

Welp, my whole post basically got deleted so I'll keep it short
    Okay, so the new update seems fine, I quite like some aspects of it -however, wall running, wall jumping and gliding were a super important aspect to being a knight. Now, all a builder has to do is build a short 1x1 pillar upwards and that halts everything that a knight can do unless you have a co-operative battle builder with you. Love it all, but man, those aspects were integral to what being a knight meant imho.

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

click on forceupdate on Kag folder; or make a clean installation.

8. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Thank you! Water arrows have a use!

Edit: Nevermind, this feature is broken. I've fired water arrows, which shot two and still didn't switch to normal arrows - it switches to an empty bow. Also, people were bombing our base with Legolas ::(:.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    SirDangalang and Anonymuse like this.
  9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Oh shit, I didn't even think of that. THAT'S SO AWESOME! I can't wait to spam the underpriced arrows when I get home.

10. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Depending on the height of the tower and your nearby team mates, you have quite a few options for getting past small front line towers.
    • Bomb jump
    • Demolition
    • Shield up to provide a platform for other Knights, this can be performed by multiple Knights to create taller platforms
    • Utilize arrow ladders created by friendly Archers
    • Utilize ladders created by friendly Builders
    • and more
    Notice how a lot of the options I have listed require friendly players? A big part of this update is to put an emphasis back into teamwork and make Knights less of a lone wolf powerhouse.

11. Kububv

Kububv Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Okay, so the one thing I'm confused by here is the stun range reduction for arrows. I'm probably just a mega scrub, but it seems to me that if you want to fend off a knight you need to have a decent amount of skill with the archer just to keep him at bay with the stuns, so why make it harder?

12. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Arrow stun range was reduced because Knights mobility was reduced, It's now much easier to maneuver around a Knight as an Archer. If the stun range wasn't reduced Archers would be night impossible to catch as a Knight.

13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Can we get that weird bomb jump inertia from classic again? That was the tits.

14. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

In case anyone was wondering, the death tips are managed by Base\Rules\CommonScripts\ShowTipsOnDeath.as which reads the tips out of Base\Rules\CommonScripts\HelpfulDeathTips.cfg

Klokinator, NinjaCell and Anonymuse like this.
  15. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I love this update already.

16. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

Gonna love this update!
    Drill builder only, great!
    Nerfing knight, great!

seems teamwork is back, for real.

17. Sphere

Sphere Bison Rider

I think the knight swipe range/radius should have been shortened a bit

DatNobby likes this.
  18. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

I'm glad this happened, nice update. Gives me the classic version feeling.

19. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'm traveling atm so I won't be able to test the new build for another week. I hope that it enhances knight combat. I'm glad to hear that it's better than it was tho :)

20. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

I have come back from the dead to say that I like this update.

I like this update