1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

LOL i cant believe you just asked a forum admin that.

I've been playing this game for 3 years and want it to reach it's true potential, knights being overpowered as they were was not helping it do that, so the devs decided to make some changes with some input from some of the more active forum members and testers. most of the suggestions were altered or ignored, and this is what we got. if the balances dont work out as they planned, then more changes will happen soon. also geti told me to defend the changes so you'll have me to deal with in this thread.

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah Rayne, why the hell are you here, you... admin... of... the whole forum...

Man, what a mystery. I'm stumped.

3. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

these new changes are awesome!

4. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

Well after playing a few matches with the new update, I'd say that the majority of the knight changes were justified, especially the ones regarding gravity/wall climbing. I feel the jab stun is a bit of a 50/50 so far. It does add to the sort of "circle of power" you mentioned but I also feel it can be a bit abused especially if it's a large number of people doing it at once. This remains to be seen though, I still generally fall into the camp of "I disagree" people :).

The slash breaking of shields not lasting as long has had no noticeable effect on combat as I've seen it so far. Can still just as easily beat the crap out of people with slash spams (in my experience anyway). The reduced stun range of archers I feel helps with balance. It made it a bit easier to take on large groups of spamming archers trying to charge. No comment on special arrow spam yet.

Drills being builder only I feel definitely helps with balance and discourages drill rushing. Also it seems like it's a bit of a 2nd weapon for builders you can buy now since it does do a decent amount of damage for a short period of time.

The map borders, I feel, finally added purpose to tall buildings (along with no wall climbing). However, I also feel this may turn some maps into an inevitable stalemate of epic proportions.

Platforms - good job, mines - good job, spawning timer- good job, No digging zone - good job,

FuzzyBlueBaron, ParaLogia and Noburu like this.
  5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

The more I play this build, the more I like it. Knight combat feels fresh, and GOOD. I like that there aren't knight or archer drill rushers anymore. Removing the bugged infinite wall climb was definitely long overdue. And now there aren't knights single-handedly stomping over everything. Hints are nice, and hopefully they'll help newbies, but I feel I don't need them which is why I changed them. Incredibly easy to do, and now I can laugh at my own terrible jokes when I die. https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/funny-death-tips.21278/#post-303157 if anyone wants it. (shameless promoting)

FuzzyBlueBaron, NinjaCell and Noburu like this.
  6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

There was no technique. Other than slash spamming all the time and that lucky jab. Height advantages, back-stepping and the fact of double slash range. That was it with the knight. I play KAG every day and see these changes as an amazing step to knight combat. Yes, archers will need to be nerfed in time but the testing team is working on that.

He's here because it's basically his job. He volunteered for his position in power. I'm sure they wouldn't add someone to Administrator if they don't play the game that often.

---

You may feel butthurt to feel that you're getting rekt by newer players. That's with every game. They go through their changes to make it better. Now stop and learn to play the update. This is what everyone has to do, remember that.

---

I now feel the combat is more even with the knight class. No more of that "bullshit" slash range. You now have more items to play with. Jabs now stun knights and can stop their slash.

I played a few games just then and don't miss the fact that I could take out an entire team. I feel that teamwork has been improved as knights can't rek everything without an assistant builder.

---

Also if you didn't know. The black barrier at the top stops many, many bugs.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I'll speak for him, I honestly wasn't even trying in KAG as knight since release. All I did run around, wall climb, and slash. I was at the top of the scoreboards, wrecking everything, and I was BORED. Now I actually have to try again. Slash doesn't win everything, so I have to think on my feet. It's new, refreshing, and the changes are good. You're just butt-hurt because you aren't used to the new changes.

FuzzyBlueBaron and 8x like this.
  8. Bint

Bint Haxor

You're arguing with oldfag admins, I'm pretty sure they know a thing or two about techniques.

9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I know that the devs have always been reluctant to nerf archers, since their glass cannon nature brings about constant complaints from archer players who feel that they die too easily. But if you want somewhere to start, how about you fix the fact that carried kegs get launched 100 feet at any range by a single arrow from the front, regardless of shield status?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Anonymuse and Fuzzle like this.
  10. SirCharizard

SirCharizard Builder Stabber

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I find climbing walls to be extremely frustrating. Even a simple wall around the flag is a monumental effort.

UNLESS you flip around and climb the wall backwards??? It seems like going at walls backwards isn't altered much, I can still wallrun just as high when facing away from the wall, maybe a tiny bit lower. But forward climbing is extremely annoying now. Putting two layers on top of a flag makes climbing the flag really retarded, and three is just impossible.

TheAverageMan likes this.
  12. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

I will no longer be able to use my superheroic scaling skills to get over almost any structure :QQ:
    Good stuff Geti, most of it seems pretty necessary

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  13. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

So a few minutes testing out the new platform on sandbox and I have this to say:
    If you put stone backwalling on the new platforms they're still virtually fire proof.

Also...
    I typically shoot a regular arrow where I want my fire (and bomb) arrow to go, then tap the inventory button to my special arrow before shooting it.
    I also have bad aim, but I'm struggling to imagine why you would want to do that.

At any rate, triple shots have more than enough slack time between shots to switch back to your fire arrows if you really want to get them out a bit faster.

14. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

this is so you're required to spend stone to fireproof it, before the fire didnt travel well from platforms because of the way the blobs work together, but with the wood backwall it spreads normally

FuzzyBlueBaron, Apronymous and 8x like this.
  15. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

i feel like this update made knight combat all about charging forward like a dumb knight go to actually no having phantom swords and needing to place your slashes precisely, defensive knights are getting a well needed buff from this. overall this is a really good update and anyone that hates it i pity you.

16. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

ive never heard of any of these people, and ive been here for a while at least. im pretty agreeable w/ most of these changes. people were abusing the wall glitch (which admittedly took more time than it should have), and laggy momentum slashing was the absolute shittiest thing.

[​IMG]

Apronymous, FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  17. For all those missing retardclimbing, I recommend Transformice to you.

Also yeah, there was some "skill" (as in, a thing you had to grind down) you had to have to get it work, but when you got it to work it was completely broken.
    just lol@Fuzzle believing he's anywhere above "Reasonably bad" tier.

additional lol@people threatening to leave because they cannot abuse knight all day every day anymore.
    Get over yourself, snowflake MLG warriors.

18. Saucy-Gibbon

Saucy-Gibbon Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm kind of conflicted over this update.

I'm really going to miss my unobstructed slashing. I guess I'll have to adapt to this frikkin painful jab shizzle. While some of the nerfing is positive, i.e. the removal of infinite wall climb, the inability of a knight to scale say a six or so block high wall by way of slash+jumping etc is kind of fatiguing and annoying more than anything else. This emphasis on teamwork (an element of gameplay that is not always applicable) has really sacrificed some key individual functionality, and I've sort of found myself questioning whether this update has struck the right balance between the two. also the archer aiming mechanism has gotten really small and it makes me feel uncomfortable

All in all though it's a step in the right direction and i'd just like express my thanks to the developers for continuing with their active support/maintenance/refining of the game.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  19. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah I've seen some players that don't like the changes... but on the other hand I got this feeling that old alpha players that hated Beta will change their minds now. I see now groups of players trying to accomplish the same goal, because they're teamworking* or just unable to bypass a badass tower so they gather at the same place and try to make things together.

I've noticed that with the new gravity changes and map borders, maps could be a bit taller and a bit more compressed in terms of height. We played boulder lake and we all had a hard time climbing at mid, but, you know, that also forced us to build ladders again and again.

20. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

the issue is people dont like the game as it is and you all dont care if people leave then there is a reason this game has such a small playerbase

PinXviiN and Fuzzle like this.