1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

lolololol transformice

Anyway the game honestly hasn't changed much, so I don't see why people are threatening to leave. I did enjoy the wallclimbing thing, the overhangs were often at least a little challenge, but it was also broken as hell, so I'm not too sorry to see it go. Wallclimbing infinitely wasn't the only fun thing about this game.

I'm not sure I like this patch all that much yet either, but damn, a lot of extremism in this thread.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  2. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

I like the dove on the tents.

3. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Best update ever :')
    Builder master race again :')

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

oh no
    i have to actually play the game how it should be played with teamwork instead of being solo mlg knight
    and now knight combat is more than spamming buttons?!
    time to quit kag

5. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Also the black sky is depressing :<

DatNobby, Bint, Fuzzle and 1 other person like this.
  6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

it isnt extremism it is customers not liking the product and i do not care if others think im rage quiting i personally dont like the update so i personally wont play the game. this update imo and from the one game i played causes long stalemates and all the changese should be reset

7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I honestly just don't get why people are going to the extremes of saying they're going to leave. YES the game changed. balance-wise, there isn't too much wrong with it. Archers are about the same nuisance that they were last build to knights. The only difference I've noticed is that it isn't easy to be a one-man army, and in my opinion, that's a good thing. And bomb jumps are now dangerous again, because you may actually fall to your death if you do it wrong. You can still get over most obstacles as a knight if you think outside the box and actually try rather than just resorting to the infinite wall climb. If you can't get over the obstacle, then you need help from your team, and what's wrong with teamwork?

I still find myself enjoying this build, and when I die, it's less frustration, because in hindsight I saw there was a way to avoid death. I die because I made a wrong move, not because some idiot was just slash spamming at me.

Edit on stalemates: Stalemates will occur because we're all in the same boat right now, so the teams are equal. Once people start to get a hang of what changed, stalemates should become less frequent because of skill differences.

8. PUNK123

reading auburns post i guess ill give this build 1 more ctf match

9. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Can't say I'm a big fan, primarily because I have come to seriously doubt that the majority of the current playerbase is capable of teamwork in any shape or form.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong though.

Either way, that's all I got to say about it, see you ingame.

TheAverageMan and Fuzzle like this.
  10. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

To all the whiners:

[​IMG]

11. Hrodvitnir

Hrodvitnir Blakkr Warg Donator
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

It's gud.

12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The game has an active player base and is not at all "small" and I'm getting tired repeating that to you.

Let me try my best to explain it so slow people such as yourself will understand.

Say we have 50,000 players. (we have much more in total than that.)

Now let's say 200 to 300 different people keep playing and switching out each day, each week, each month. It just means a lot of the players play it, but not at once. We don't need all 100,000+ members playing this game at once for it to be a big player base. It already is decent for an indie damn game, kid.

PinXviiN and Noburu like this.
  13. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

This: "
    • "No Chat Bubble" option and some options fixes
      For those sick of seeing chat hovering over someone obscuring the action, you can now turn these off in the options menu.
      Some other options that were having issues being saved should be fixed now too; let us know if any options still fail to be saved after quitting the game normally."
    Really scares me due to griefers, and other dumb people who you need to get a hold of.

101i likes this.
  14. PUNK123

over 150,000 people bought the game and daily at best we get 150 people ingame i know this because i play daily and you cant honestly say that 50,000 are active in this game yet we can only manage to get 150 each day get off your high horse and do the math the playerbase is small and if you look thru this thread more people are leaving and it will continue to get smaller

Fuzzle likes this.
  15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Only a FEW people have said they would leave. A few=/=many.

16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

nah, steamies were brick walls before this was even an option. A brick wall won't care if there are chat bubbles or not.

17. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

Can we at least download the old build so we can easily keep some of the mechanics in for a modded server?

startselect3, dinotree and Teague like this.
  18. ShinySkies

ShinySkies Arsonist Staff Alumni
    1. Zen Laboratories

The current update of King Arthurs Gold has adressed some issues, but is far from fair or reasonable.

The shield wall climb has finally been fixed. Eventhough I believe that this is a good fix there are parts about this update that have been done terribly wrong.

Take for example the knights. The more experienced knights have learned how to slash and time, but with this update you have made it so that just jabbing someone is way more powerfull as slashing. This is far from fair to the people that have been loyal to this game for a long time! And no, forum fagz aren't considered loyal to the game, only to the forum so stop trying to count.

Also the nerf in wall run has made it extremely hard to get over a flag coffin. It is making it very easy to just camp on top of the coffin while the rest of the team is breaking through it. Why are you fixing something that is not broken.

The archers having to reput their arrows each time is in my oppinion not a fix. The amount of special arrows you can have in your inventory is already limited, after each salvo you already have to reput it back to the special arrows.

And if you're saying this update was just made to make teamwork pay off more DO YOU KNOW KAG????? Noone in the game works as a team and that won't change cause of this lousy update. Knights would rather sacrifice builders so they do not have to fight someone that might be a tiny bit stronger as them, you can't change this cause people frankly care about scores more as about winning the game.

I think you need to reconsider the points that were adressed in this update.

Fuzzle and Lumeos like this.
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Say which files you're interested in and I'm happy to rar them up for the slightly-more-productive nay-sayers (I can just rar the entities folder if that's more convenient).
    Someone was asking for exactly which files changed - a lot of them. An exact list would be pretty meaningless, just diff your files with the current ones and you should see the notable changes.

Re: 50,000 active members - that's pretty optimistic haha, our graphs say more in the realm or 2000-4000 depending on the week.

To the handful of people flapping your arms screaming "its ruined!" - play a few games. Overall it plays very similarly, especially at the less serious/long term level a lot of you are coming from - there's no jabspammers getting +15 streaks and the amount of archer rain is comparable to what it was earlier this week. Builders have been having a more prominent effect on the flow of the game and teams (both frontline and defensive/minecrafty) are pushed towards teamwork a little more. I've played 6 CTF games between 30min and 1.5hr long so far and a bit of TDM; it's still KAG, there's just slightly less bs in the knight meta, more of a lean towards archers and you're gonna have to learn to roflstomp anew. Big whoop.

Noburu and TheAverageMan like this.
  20. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@ShinySkies I can't approve your post but I can see it:
    This is just arm flapping after reading the devlog post, like a lot of the first page "i haven't been in game yet, but" whining. Slashing knights are still the driving force in the game, they just cant slash surf a shielding guy endlessly without him having a way to respond. Go ingame and try knight combat without slashing. Play an entire game through, target good knights, solo. I bet you can't break a 2:1 kdr.