1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1233 - Builders and Archers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 2, 2014.

1. The-Cub

The-Cub I'm actually Blue_Tiger

Really liking the shotgun nerf :). It's great to be able to play archer and not be forced to spam shit into the air because it's the only way to counter enemies doing so.

I would like the timer for the arrows to implode to be a little longer because you can't shoot short-ish distances straight on - but other than that fantastic :).

2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I am an independent black woman and I don't need this shit, my man has two jobs.

How many jobs does Klok's man have? None.

Whos bad now?

3. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

4. shotgun is the best thing that happened to kag since bobotype was banned

NinjaCell, Auburn and Malitha like this.
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

*vanguarde / alts were banned.

bobotype is still here.

Apronymous likes this.
  6. Kotobukiya

Kotobukiya Shopkeep Stealer

I have to disagree with the shotgun nerf. Just a post from classes and mechanics.

I used the legolas sky shot as a combo with normal or legolas shots. Shooting into the sky and baiting knights to shield up while u legolas shot them in the face was an option previously. Archers could also legolas shot into the sky and bait the knight into shielding against their low charge arrows and damage them with those sky shots.

As for CQC, Shotgun shots are high risk high return. 3 arrows go out at once and if you miss, its over for a close range archer if you cant grapple away in time. For legolas shots, at least one, if not 2 will hit and stun the knight, dealing stun and even damage. Stomp charge shot archers are not so viable now since previously, the first shot would stun, while you stomped and dealt 2 hearts of damage through 2 arrows. If the knight did not shield it was insta death. Now with shotgun, without the first shot to stun the knight and hold him in place, he can easily dodge the shotgun or even intercept it before you shoot since there is no ability for initial stun.

Overall Legolas provided so much potential. So many strategies. One could juke around firing different arced shots to 1,2,3 and enemy while he ran in a straight line. One could sky shot and combo with another legolas to pepper a knight with 6 arrows. Even if you missed and died there was still a chance the sky shots would come back and bite the knight in the ass. One could even go mano-a-mano with a knight, baiting him and then unleashing a 1,2,3 that sent him flying back.

The shotgun on the other hand, is easy to use. Easy to master. Yet the potential is so limited.

IMO, shotgun is just so sad. It limits the archer's repertoire to a simple close range pewpew sorta tactic. The old legolas was a thing of beauty and finesse.

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Not to mention the beauty of a triple chained fire arrow raining over an enemy base. And I didn't hate triple bomb arrow spam either.

Kotobukiya likes this.
  8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I didn't find triple special arrow spam to be a problem either. I think the only problem I have with archers now is thatwater arrows are too cheap.

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Cease that off-topic. Cleaning up thread.

kodysch and Auburn like this.