1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 129 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

http://kagdev.tumblr.com/post/9375344917/new-hud-build-released

This is second part of a big update that involves improving the game graphics. The old HUD was just something quickly scratched so now we introduce a completely new redrawn HUD. We hope you enjoy it.

There are of course other changes and fixes. Worth mentioning is that:

You can now hug the wall to prevent fall damage. But be carefull, hitting the wall while falling at big speed will also result in death!
    Updated gibs!
    Team bridge works like a 2way platform: press down to drop from it, press up to jump through it

Changes 127-129:

2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You stole my HUD! :o
    Well ever slightly more pixelated...

3. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Did you make it Rainbows? I actually remembered someone posted it already when I saw it today, I though it was Geti showing how will the hud look like. It's basically the same.

4. Rainbows

Resources are more pixelated... Meh I decide in my unlimited generosity not to press charges/lawsuits

5. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Sorry for my post, i know some people hate me now (or already :P) but, im not alone when im saying this HUD GOES RIGHT INYOFACE! cauze its way too big... i suggest to have the biggest possible playersbase and make the hud of build 128 and the new one in an option, so that you can choose between new and old one, cauze sorry i dont like the new one at all.

(my first real criterium to this game, bugs glitches all that can be fun on a point.... BUT A HUD INYOFACE which makes me see like 40% of kag and 60% of hud isnt fun anymore)

after 3 day hardcore kaging im going now outside, this hud didnt allowe my eyes to play longer then 10sec.

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I think that soon enough HUD will be fully customizable. Then you'll be able to do tiny&clean HUD for yourself. As for now I suggest some option to resize HUD, preferably some slidebar in options to adjust its scale to your liking. Minimap could be scaled separately.

7. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

yeah this would aswell be enough, i've decided to take it on my own so far and deleted like the half hud simple^^

8. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

The way trap bridges work now leads to massive amount of deaths on team traps. As for reasons, I don't even know where to start, it's just a matter of playing a bit to observe that. Was there a reason to change it like that? Seemed working fine.

And yeah, the hud is a bit too big, layout could stay too IMO. But for those who weren't there - MM said on IRC that he's going to sort it out by allowing some sort of customization. There's no need to repeat the criticism I guess.

9. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Going along with Czubai's post, it's also opened a whole new opportunity for griefing. Players will stand at the edge of the pit (they don't even have to be on the trap bridge to set it off, just right by the corner of it) and will crouch precisely at the same moment that their teammates are crossing over. In this way, it seems like you can't really have one without the other. Unless you make it so you have to be directly on the bridge to set it off?

10. Rainbows

You should just be able to drop down without taking down the bridge... I like being able to get in and out to eliminate enemys but sometimes its easy to accidentally do

11. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

The chat colors are kind of confusing too, maybe it's a matter of getting used to them though. Is there any other type than 'team', 'teamall', 'enemyall' that may appear?

Yeah, griefing is one of the reasons of people dying on them. Others:
    - simple accidents - someone presses S indeliberately - everyone falls,
    - someone falls into a pit and jumps to get out - everyone falls,
    - the bridge is built near a hole and people have to jump on it from below - it rectracts - even the one trying to get on it will most probably fall in,
    - not sure yet, but there seems to be a bug with 1-tile-deep pits - the dead bodies keep the bridges retracted.

I think 1/4 of my team's deaths were on own traps today.. And during 2 hours I had to kick 3 people purposedly, repeatedly making teammtates fall.

Pleaseplease revert the change.

That's what doors are for. You can always make a 2-tile 'service door' to get into a pit.

12. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

Yes, the gui should be a little smaller with the hearts of a more 'shiny' color and the drawbridges were better in the last build! :)

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Hmm, It seems with the GUI changed so has the combat, when I go to stab my opponent they are able to get a fully charged slash off faster than I can stab them.. I know it's probably me but it seems like this has happened

14. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

New HUD looks great. Keep it up!

15. Noc

Noc Guest

Its ok, pretty good IMO. The chat is iffy tho.

16. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Is it only me or is there bug with chat? Like you can't see what's your typing cause text is overlapping chatbox? Happens only when chat is full of messages. I'll add screenshot in a sec.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    You can see that text is overlapping in the bottom part of chat. Which shouldn't be like that.

17. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

I can't tell what's what on chat, i think the hud is too big, and most importantly, when i zoom out as an archer, I can't tell how many arrows I have.

I think the old builder HUD was perfectly functional and better.

Some major issues are still not fixed such as being unable to rearm at the HQ and switching classes doesn't give you right equipment.

18. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

No offense Geti, but the new HUD feels somewhat masturbatory. From an artistic standpoint, it is a brilliant piece, beautiful and bold with lots of little details etc etc. When I saw it on DRL I pooped my pants a little. But in game, it's hard to appreciate that when it's impeding gameplay. I agree with everyone else, functionality is the most important thing to players.

Edit: Also, I am distraught with the distinct lack of Henry.

19. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Not quite sure why you were working on the HUD which was perfectly fine before instead of the more major issues. Like pretty much everyone else I'm gonna go ahead and say I don't like the new HUD. Customization would be ideal, especially moving the chatbox back to the bottom right :x

20. dragonboltz

dragonboltz Guest

its new get used to it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.