1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 137 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Danikah

Danikah Guest

For most of the time, we were shooting eachother. And under that, I mean shooting eachother with eachother. As in, human catapults.
    Awesome.
    And apparently, a knight can successfully catch a ladder and stop falling if he holds his shield down while dropping.

And woot, I love carrying around hearts! Totally feels like a healing class, but a bit more limited.

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

3. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

One of the best releases ever imho xD

4. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Also, when I have the score screen up, it will close itself when a new player joins or leaves.

5. Biffleur

Biffleur Guest

No. I mean the sound when you do a charged hit on a block while jumping. Sounds terrible

6. illu

If you only want to hear the dev's opinion, write him an email. This is a public forum and you can't prevent other people commenting on your posts.

7. Biffleur

Biffleur Guest

Edited, I admit it was a bit harsh

8. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

someone likes to make a video about how this human catapult looks like + work ?

9. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

2 hotfixes released:

- fixed 6 crash reasons
    - fixed blockmenu rendering on different resolutions
    - fixed resupply not ending after time or drop​

dwatring likes this.
  10. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Thanks, MM.

11. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Just had a weird glitch. Playing on red team, both teams fighting for an OP in the center (which was marked as my spawn point). Blue captured it, but when I spawned, I spawned at the top left corner of the map. Luckily blue was trying to skybridge, so I rode the ladder all the way down. Got killed with the flag though, so the glitch didn't let me win :(
    (I then took the flag later and won, though :D)

12. illu

That's one old bug which I thought was fixed long ago. Seems like there are still some issues with the spawnpoints.

13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I'm going to call this new update "Pinball update".

Some good features of pinball update:
    Catapults throw you around.
    Archers knock you back more, they needed that for balance.
    Kill stream tells you're super awesome!

Now the downright terrible features:
    It's namesake, the game is like pinball because everything bounces absolutely everywhere. Knight combat especially, is an absolute mess, even moreso than before. Add in lag, and there is absolutely no way to control what is going on with your character. One minute you step out, the next second you're tossed back by a charge attack from knight miles (even though you shielded it..) then you're hit by an arrow and tossed back more, in MIDAIR. (yes it really did happen) then a random bomb goes off (so many now it's highly likely) and you explode into a million pieces. This is the 2d mmo equivalent of pinball, seriously. It's fun the first minute, then it goes sour when you realise there's nothing you can do but watch the game rather than actually play it!

Screen blink. Just like the ridiculous flashing you get when you play pinball in an arcade, every time something happens there's some kind of distraction, get damaged and the screen blinks, a bomb goes off and the earth quakes. It's Neat to begin with, gets your heart pounding somewhat. But might I add there are bombs going off everywhere. It's just so hard to concentrate on what is actually going on. Quite frankly the game gives me a headache right now, with it's seizure like effects, especially so in very large games with lots of people. Why do we need the screen blink when there is the sound of you being hit to go by? Why does it have to be so prominent, like covering pretty much the entire screen? Wouldn't a tiny damage number be better? Or a visual *heart picture* just above your head?

Adding the possibility of 3 bombs per knight without manipulating how they damage terrain. Massive mistake, we did not even need 1 for every knight. That alone created massive stalemate pits of bleh. Every knight is going to get 3 bombs at some point, because, and it leads to my next one:

Objects not belonging to people: If I killed that knight, why should the other knight be able to steal my reward bomb? Maybe I could have given it to him afterward, but seriously, he did not win it with a kill and objects fly around everywhere with no systematic method of collecting what is yours. It was actually better last build, at least for knights, because they could loot the corpse they just slashed, usually the person behind them wouldn't get there first. But now if they kill an enemy with a bomb, their loot flies off somewhere (again more pinball elements) and goes into the hands of some other person. Archers aren't any better off. The person getting hit getting an arrow is nice, but since when will archers be able to collect that arrow if they're firing from afar? Instead, all the knights just walk over the dropped arrows. They're supposed to give them to archers yes, but what with all the random bouncing about currently going on, how do you propose that happens in the heat of war?

Yet again, we are back to crappy trading system too. We just want a way to give that builder our logs. In the previous build, we could do so, without trading our valuable bombs. Why must we give them away to some builder who wont even use them, because pressing c drops 1 of everything? Again, archers fare no better, they have to give up their entire cache of arrows, to lend a hand to another archer. As if any archer will ever do that.

Noc likes this.
  14. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

In my experience, you only drop your class-specific item after exhausting the rest. As a knight, I can drop all my wood and stone, but keep my bombs. But if I drop with only bombs, I lose it.​

15. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Must be some bug in my game then. My bad. Maybe it's lag I dunno.

Speaking of bugs though:

Worm has asked me to post one about stepping off catapults. When you change your mind and step down from a catapult apparently you move through ladders really fast. At least thats what I think he said.

A bug I experienced earlier had me at 0 hearts on the hud and yet I was still living as usual. Once I got hit one more time I died, but still a bug so, have fun all you lucky ghost people.

16. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

There's also the bug where, being fired from the catapult you'll hit an invisible wall and stop dead, thus killing you down on the ground. And the trees and doors bugs are still prominent though the door bug not-so much. (I'm talking about the multiple leaves spawning on already chopped down pieces of a tree and the team door staying open even when passed through it)

17. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

I've ran around with 0 hearts several times since build 90.

18. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

I agree with rainbows. There also needs to be collision near OP's and Tents.

19. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Alright, I honestly love this game to death, and agree with almost all of your decisions, but I'm not gonna sugarcoat this. I hate this build. I literally hate it. Bombs everywhere, people falling out of the sky, and catapults are never used with stone anymore. This needs a revert. The item picking hasn't worked out well. Before, if I was an archer, Id only loot archers, and leave bombs and materials for the others. The same goes for every class. Now I can never find what I need, and always end up with useless stuff. The battlefield is extremely frustrating. Bomb after bomb, it sucks. Its like a war game in a minefield, half of the kills are unpreventable. I can't put myself in a catapult either, because I always end up dying. Or I'll land on someone, which is too easy and luck-oriented. The game is no longer skill, it's just run, die, respawn, repeat, until someone gets lucky. With all due respect, I strongly dislike this.

20. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

I don't quite like the new archer knockback.. it makes them even more over powered.