1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1373 - Tidying Up

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jan 21, 2015.

1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Only problems I've seen are archers flying and minimaps not working.

SirDangalang likes this.
  2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Wasn't having these issues before this build... doors are randomly closed to me and building anything is like pulling teeth

i may be cursed

hierbo and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Maybe someone just has rotated the door the wrong way.

4. every time you see stone doors you have to say "friend" and enter. that's a feature. alternatively some doors require a key and can only be opened on Durin's Day

5. ShinySkies

ShinySkies Arsonist Staff Alumni
    1. Zen Laboratories

Why is the flinch increased you get if you get hit? It doesn't mention it in the patch notes.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Mellon

nobody is hardcore enough to get this

7. TheDirtySwine

I know that double slashes are supposed to slash through shields and deal 2 hearts of damage, but I've been shielding at a downwards angle and although it does the shield break animation I still get 4 hearts taken.

8. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Totally works!
    [​IMG]

9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Straight from a world where the most advanced riddles come from dudes who call their friends melons.

10. Leo

Leo Haxor

This was not fixed, I made a bug report already.

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Noted, more precautions taken today, will hopefully be through testing within the week.

hierbo and Noburu like this.
  12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

@Geti , the Knights still need their climbing range lowered. Had a long tower that a knight was still able to shield climb up without even the use for a bomb. The tower went all the way up to the map's building limit. I know it was lowered drastically already, but if a Knight can go over a tower without a builder, or an archer's support in some way, there's something seriously wrong here.

13. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Anyone can do that, hence why you can't build all the way up.
    No need to nerf knights even more.

RadioActive and DatNobby like this.
  14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If a Knight can access stuff so easily, so high up, builders become more and more useless. All you'd need then is a load of bombs near say a flag, and you've got a big dent taken out from the other team with just 1 solo knight. Towers are becoming more and more useless. Might as well not even make towers anymore.

15. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

No bombjumps? Sounds like a poorly built tower

Apronymous and Dargona1018 like this.
  16. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm sorry, but have you been living under a rock?
    The immense amounts of nerfs to knights (direct or indirect) have all happened, pretty much all classes and kill other classes, and you think knights weren't nerfed enough? That they need more because someone got over your tower?

*Sigh*

Well, there is such a thing as "platforms" that prevent the wall-climbs. If they can get over that, break their tower since they obviously built something over there. Oh, maybe its a knight with bombs? You would need AT LEAST 3 bombs to get up to the top of the map, and if someone can skillfully enough to do that amidst the combat, you are fucked anyway.

17. TheDirtySwine

Yep let's just not make towers. Builders are useless. Archers can't kill as many people as knights so they probably should get removed too. Why does ctf even exist? kag should just be TDM at this point. That's some logic for ya

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

>inb4 RCTF mode gets re-added.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

RCTF was bunk from the start sadly.

Re: Knight got over my sky tower without a bomb - must have been pretty small or had a tower of their own for a boost, or had places to jump off. Knights can't infinitely climb anything any more, and as others have pointed out knights have had extensive power reductions already in the past few months. I feel like the people complaining they're OP aren't playing the class much (same as most "archer OP" comments) - it's not as trivial as just jumping in there and killing everything. The only more or less danger-free party trick the knight has is keg dropping from bombjumps and the coin cost makes that prohibitively expensive in many cases (and archers can counter it quite well, and any other class can catch the keg if they're in the danger zone).

20. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

A platform - 30 wood
    Builder experience in KAG - A week
    Faces of your enemies struggling to climb your tower even with arrow ladder support - Priceless

Jeez just make a fucking overhang, knights don't need nerfs, they need fixing.