1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1381

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Original: http://www.thd.vg/post/109965530815/kag-build-1381

Most of the fixes and changes are described in the previous post + the controls locking bug should be fixed.

If the issue remains be sure to tell us about it and we’ll hotfix as soon as possible.

Have fun!

Code:
    Changes 1373 - 1381

[fixed] a couple of map “bugs” with grass
    [fixed] controls locking in multiplayer
    [fixed] gurin map wrong pixels
    [added] quick join “dont care” options as defaults, just finds a game or connects to the best ping server if there are no active games.
    [fixed] digging at edges in tdm (sorry fellere)
    [modified] votes should be “safer” (needs testing to try to crash server)
    [modified] trampolines do “normal” bounces again for select items: spikes, boulders, mines, kegs, lanterns.
    [removed] fellere_fourrivers map - the file has been updated but it’s too big for normal ctf play
    [fixed] issues with ExtraNoBuild - thanks Skinney 
    [fixed?] CMD missing spam in votes
    [added] new maps
    MM

Addendum:
    Known big issues:
    - smooth shader causes all sorts of issues with emotes, screen flashing and so on (turn it off for now if you have problems)

2. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

No worries I know of other places to dig mate. So many places.

Noburu, FuzzyBlueBaron, Geti and 7 others like this.
  3. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

8x_fest_pass is just awful and should be removed, builders instantly tunnel to the top and minecraft while archers just camp grappled to the dirt above, not having to worry about getting past the other team's defenses

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Blame @kodysch :>

Potatobird likes this.
  5. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

There is a 2 deep dirt space for people to "minecraft" in that is only in the center of the map which has a pit below it. the area below it allows for people to get to the flags in an alternate way. Archers will always be campers, but consider the risk of being that high and easy to hit by other archers.

In red shows where you have a problem with people tunneling from above which is a strategy some people would like to undertake. It takes teamwork and dedication to pull it off and when we look at official maps we want to have the highest level of player choice when it comes to how it is played, by having an option to tunnel from the top we allow for that freedom of play. In green it shows the other pathways that are more direct and closer to the flag which are faster than the above red approach.

The original map that 8x made had the entire middle section covered with a bed rock and dirt pillar, I modified his map( a very well made map) to allow for more player choice and interaction across more of the map.
    Fest_Pass.png

Verzuvius and Noburu like this.
  6. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

No offense but its really scary to have tunnels up top. I've seen a lot of people try it and it fails the same way every time. Being able to drop kegs directly above there flag and tent like that will lead to nearly a whole team rage quitting.

The whole top needs to be removed or change drastically imo.

Everything else is good though!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Verzuvius likes this.
  7. kodysch

Putting no dirt and only bedrock on the top for the majority of the middle could be tweaked.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

[​IMG]
    hopefully some improvements (at 2x so you can see) - moved that damn water flag, making it a mere annoying water flag. cleaned up a couple of things, could still do with being more open, but doesn't have a huge tempting sky cavern network leading to an empty expanse any more.

imo it's still very noisy and little cave/tunnel systems need to be more open to allow any more play but didn't want to mess with the map much more, so just dealt with what I've had and heard the most complaints about.

E: updated the map a little bit more.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Verzuvius, Noburu, kodysch and 3 others like this.
  9. kodysch

I like the changes, but I still think the flag should be in water, it prevents a builder just sitting in the flag room spamming blocks and allows for some interesting defense strategy.

10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Though given they can just block water off, they can still sit there spamming blocks.

11. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I'm loving the new TDM maps.

kodysch likes this.