1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1390 - Rendering Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Original: http://www.thd.vg/post/110228837800/kag-build-1390-rendering-fixes

This build is mostly a fix build on 1381, with a couple of little documentation changes here and there.

[​IMG]
    (You can’t tell from the screenshot, but this is going 60fps)

• Shader Issues Fixed:
      Some big issues with the smooth shader (and other shaders) have been fixed, with emotes and the builder cursor rendering properly with them on again.
    • Uncapped Framerate Issues Fixed:
      Uncapped framerate will no longer cause flickering or ghosting. Keep in mind that the game updates are limited to 30fps anyway, but uncapping the framerate with vsync on can help ensure rendering is synced up with your monitor, and can appear smoother for those that care.
    • Map Changes:
      A few minor changes here and there, but especially to the 8x_fest_pass map (the one with the cave cieling) - the cave system above has been shrunk and the central flags are less of a nightmare to capture.
    • Simple Join Bugs Fixed:
      The simple join “selection” buttons could get stuck in a “wide” state and didn’t work well at different resolutions. This has been fixed.
    Code:
    Full Changelog:
    [added] new/more readable icons for the TTH trade menu
    [fixed] flickering with uncapped framerate
    [fixed] no emotes, builder cursor, etc with smooth shader
    [fixed] quick join buttons getting mis-sized sometimes at larger/smaller res + when selecting the bigger boxes
    [modified] 8x_fest_pass map updated - less nightmarish water flag, no caverns at top of map (just thin dirt and some minor stone)
    [modified] mine goes straight into inventory rather than hands (if this causes issues we'll find a middle ground)
    [modified] scripting readme contains info on when the interface is generated in preamble
    [modified] smooth shader off by default again
    [updated] known issues file documents workarounds where possible, and has a new issue found by Monkey_Feats included as well.
    [updated] TheDirtySwine head
    (For those wondering about the build number irregularities, 1381 was misnumbered)

Have Fun!

Max/Geti

Forum addendum: Should be out within the next half hour or so, all things going according to plan build-server-wise. Let us know if you have any further rendering issues, your opinions of the new maps now they've had some time to settle, and the like!

2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

This is why I love KAG - The devs are really taking care of the game and updates it every week or so! Love to Geti and his chickens! :heart::heart::heart:

Yes, there was a dark period before build 1337.

3. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Dirt block above red spawn point (marked on the image below) makes people fall down and die right after the spawn.
    It's on Oodle's Whichway RTDM map.
    mapwhichway.png

icemusher, Tern, hierbo and 6 others like this.
  4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The updated head is hilarious. Glad things are being fixed :)

Can you make burgers changed like you made mines?

RadioActive likes this.
  5. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I don't know why but in the last build (the one before this one) the mines were fixed so if I died with a mine in my inventory it will fall on the ground and the first one to get killed because of it would get marked as if I killed him with that mine ,but after this update I noticed that now if he dies because if my mine it will be marked as [blank] :mine: XXX not blackjoker77777 :mine: XXX also am I the only one that realised that there is a sound problem in KAG? (I am talking about the sound that happends when I charge a double slash ).
    BTW I am not complaining or anything ,actually I really do respect the DEVs and their efforts to make KAG more enjoyable. And I know that this is not the right place to share the bugs I found, but I just wanted to know if it is the new update or just my KAG game.

AmestriStephen and PinXviiN like this.
  6. Leo

Leo Haxor

@Geti Yesterday the vote bug crashed my server again. Just so you know, not fixed.

Verzuvius likes this.
  7. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

moar detail :
    This happenned when someone left when the vote passed apparently. Before he got kicked, but after all votes were counted. Didn't try to reproduce yet.

Verzuvius, Noburu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Leo @AsuMagic thanks for the info. More on reproduction would be great, this has been plaguing us for too long.

Asu, Verzuvius and Noburu like this.
  9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The important thing is if you have a problem pm @Rayne !

hierbo, 8x, Galen and 2 others like this.
  10. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Mines still aren't assigned owners properly. If you die with mines in the inventory, they will be ownerless.

Verzuvius and blackjoker77777 like this.
  11. Geti

"Still" is misreading the situation - the change that broke mine ownership (again) was them being added directly to the inventory, bypassing the hands (which assign team). I'll see what I can do about an inventory script, but dying with mines in your inventory is hardly a skillful play in any case.

Verzuvius, FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I experienced this issue but needs more testing: when as knight/archer carrying some wood or stone, if you change to builder at a ballista you'll lose it, it will simply dissappear, not dropped.

13. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It's an old bug, nothing new. Good to remind the devs though. :thumbs_up:

14. Geti

Yeah makmoud (and maybe oodle?) has reminded me of that recently (and identified the issue actually). Should be "fixed" next build.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Committing suicide while jumping from a high place with an inventory full of mines is a totally real strategy.

16. pmattep99

pmattep99 Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

will the stuff of 1.0 videos on youtube be added in the game? i really love those features :D

-Q likes this.