1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Build 1500

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 27, 2015.

1. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Direct as hell
    You can just add the nickname and realname thingy or get back the previous one, but add the KDR marker, i prefer that over scores.

PUNK123 likes this.
  2. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I agree, I'm not liking it.

PUNK123 likes this.
  3. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

i must have never paid attention to slash canceling. What exactly did/does it do?

4. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I'm pretty sad about the removal of slash canceling. Honestly, probably about 70% of people that played knew about it. I think it should've just been fixed so it actually cancels the slash and not just the animation.

PUNK123 and Anonymuse like this.
  5. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Canceled your slash.

Klokinator likes this.
  6. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I'd be all up for it coming back if you could actually cancel your slash, and have your animation go along with it, but only at the apex of your slash. Not like 0.33 seconds in, as then it'd be completely spammy and not predictable.

7. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

It's some really awkward thing. As knight, holding your inventory open would stop all animations from occuring client-side, but not server-side. It's useful for getting extra speeds and stuff. E.g. if you held RMB to get your shield up, then held your inventory open, you could move around without any speed or jump reduction but still have your shield up on the other end.

You could also do some shit with slashing but it got too confusing for me to even bother with it. I personally am happy they removed it, it's a boring and confusing glitch that adds nothing to gameplay unless you play this game way too much.

8. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

*smiles nervously and laughs* wwhaaaat I totally did not abuse this in public servers at all and I totally don't play this game until I run out Internet everytime...

9. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I have new net where I could easily run out of internet, but they forgot to turn off my other internet so I have free unlimited internet for now, so I don't even touch the new stuff.

10. probably not and not everyone who knew used it (eg. me). it was a bug, exploiting bugs to win is for losers

Asu, Dargona1018, Jackard and 2 others like this.
  11. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

It's more balanced than water spam and boulders

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ah yes. Because the "it's not as bad as x" argument totally makes bug/glitch abuse legit... :rollseyes:

13. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Try not to be so rude. The point of the new scoreboard is to allow for custom scoreboards in modding. Not being able to see clan tags and username is a very minor problem. Besides I've since fixed it adding in clan tag and a however over feature to see username. The ugly part of it too. I had have to say it's not more or less ugly than the default one. I'd argue that taking up less space for the spectators and giving you lines to follow was nice.

And my personal favorite thing about the scoreboard.. It's fucking resolution independent.. Dear lord was this needed. If you ever just wanted to pop kag open in 800x600 you could only see the corner of the scoreboard. This scoreboard actually scales size and fits everything on it. It doesn't need to scroll off the page in a super ugly manner, it's just all there.

Anonymuse and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

While you fixed clan tags, which is good, in response to your "minor" post, not being able to see them is actually more than minor. given kag is heavily influenced by clan on clan game-play, it's actually just as major as the scoreboard itself.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Boulders literally fixed this build are you bad?
    Water spam 100% less bad compared to days of buckets are you forgetful?

Slash cancelling an opaque, hard to spot bug are you kidding me complaining about this stuff being removed?????

Saying its the majority knowing about it and using it is ignorant or a bald faced lie, known by maybe 60 (stretching it) out of the 2k active daily (most not on forums, irc, mumble, very unlikely to hear about it and even less likely to take the time to learn)... Sorry to be blunt with this but you're kidding yourselves if you think its a meaningful mechanic for any more than an "elite" (using it very loosely) few.

Re: scoreboard - surprised there's so much hate. Things you'd like actually fixed without the subjective crap dropped in would be great. "I dont like it" "it's ugly" "trashy" without reasoning is not useful, and even with accompanying reasoning is unhelpful whining. Either way, patch coming next build with as Verra says, hover for username etc. Surprised anyone likes the dated, bloated, res dependent and buggy other scoreboard but looks like they do.

Re: "CANT SEE CLANTAGS" - except you know, on join, in chat, on their ingame hover names? I'm aware its an issue but you'd apparently be surprised how many players dont have clans at all (it's the majority of them).

16. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Are you able to do resolution scaling menus? I'd like to play on a lower resolution if I could.

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

They're coming slowly, Norill's the one to pester about that.

18. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Boulders were stupid, but now why would I go out of my way to make one? Spikes were barely noticable, so it's understandable why they got nerfed, but boulders you could see coming a mile away. Now it's just like the lantern, bucket, and sponge. Another useless item...

bru-jaz and Anonymuse like this.
  19. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

And yet you can still die from a Boulder, but not from a Bucket, a sponge, a lantern, etc. I don't see an issue unless you are so bad at playing the game you want every way to instantly kill players handed to you.

If you're fast enough you can land 2 hits with 1 boulder before a knight can even get in a swing.

Though if they kept it how it was, then they should make it where boulders instantly break every time per hit.

20. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Spikes can instantly kill players, slashes instantly kill archers, archers can instantly kill builders/archers. I don't see why the boulder was that big of a deal. Playing with just a boulder had high risk high reward. I think just pressing throw and getting a kill a block away was dumb but as an archer you could at least build up velocity and fling them.

bru-jaz likes this.