1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Build 1500

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 27, 2015.

1. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

If you've played around with the boulder you'll notice that you can still get kills with them, just more of a finishing thing. Also they are a little more interesting now, they bounce off of players after hitting them and if you aren't careful might hit you back or another enemy. You can also deflect them and add velocity strong enough to kill with arrows or throwing things at them. I killed geti with his own boulder during testing was pretty funny.

Also it wasn't fun to play against when it insta killed from point blank, wasn't particularly good mechanic especially with the already existing insta kill stuff. which in my opinion still isn't very fun.

FuzzyBlueBaron and TheDirtySwine like this.
  2. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Too much of a high reward for such an easy object to craft up. Then you have 4 boulders or more go around the map, killing people with absolutely no skill involved. You rarely find an archer with good skill with it. It's normally builders using it.

3. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

In tdm it was extremely common for archers to use it, which made it worse.

EhRa likes this.
  4. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

Camping in trees...

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Dude. I'm dying.

RampageX likes this.
  6. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

The new maps and fixes are great! The new mechanisms are really exciting and I can't wait to test them out for myself.

<3 Geti for shutting up all the haters

7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I like the scoreboard, its just a bit weird on me. Maybe adding a setting to make the names bigger etc (for exmaple the mc GUI)

8. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Found it difficult to find myself with the new scoreboard, like it didn't highlight where my name was in the list. Also felt weird having names go grey when they die, even though it makes sense because they *are* spectators now, technically. Still liked the change overall, though.

Oh, and the boulder changes are much appreciated. ::)::thumbs_up:

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I still appreciate lantern and sponge...

FuzzyBlueBaron and heX_ like this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Have actually changed just about everything about this; there's a star next to your character rather than your class (because cmon you know what class you are) and the name doesn't go grey on death, just the line. Spectators are on a separate line below everything (and the rendering of the names is fixed to work more reliably); so hopefully once that build's out your issues are sorted out, haha.
    I've increased the contrast next build (darker background), but you'd be surprised how annoying changing font sizes is in KAG's rendering system, which is why mixed font sizes aren't used where they'd really be appropriate...

tru0067 likes this.
  11. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

Boulders Fixed

Boulders have had this a long time coming and you know it. Boulder-fu is still possible, but significantly less insta-kill. They also bounce off a bit which makes it much harder to chain, and a lot funnier to look at.

Slash Cancelling Bug Fixed

Only a few people knew about this, thankfully, but it’s been removed. It won’t be re-added if we can help it.

[​IMG]
    I fucking love KAG updates, 10/10 would happy dance again.

Also I think the new TDM scoreboard looks way better!

Dargona1018 likes this.
  12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I figured it did something more given I never used it nor paid attention to those who did.

13. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

next time quote me when you want to use my words thanks

im happy to see clantags being added, and all the lines and gray background made it look trashy and ugly. "unhelpful whining" excuse me, but why dont you bother fixing something that is legitimately broken instead of tackling the scoreboard for "modding and resolution". I frequently get stuck on bodies, supplies ect because they act as blocks in games. Then there is the bug where players connect to each other and go flying in the fucking air. Its not so much that i liked the old scoreboard, it is more that i dislike the new one. Anyway, there were a hell of alot more than 60 people who knew about slash cancelling bug so id stop calling people ignorant and liars thankyou very much

bru-jaz and kodysch like this.
  14. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

You know that you can give feedback without always having to sound like an asshole?

15. PUNK123

so can geti and so can you

yet no one else does so why should i have to?

stop being such a hypocrite

bru-jaz likes this.
  16. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Geti is probably tired of getting shit feedback every time he tries to improve the game. I at least try to be constructive in my comments. Sometimes I'll go off if someone pissed me off, but I'm not always nagging and complaining. Try and be more thoughtful to both sides when commenting. It's the polite thing to do.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  17. PUNK123

if he is trying to fix the game then i honestly dont care(scoreboard-wise) but if you are going to take out useful features then it is hardly an improvement

18. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Yes cause a bug is very useful. If you think exploiting a bug makes you good, go die in a hole.

As for boulders, they were bad anyway, now they are actually balanced.

Geti is a great game develeper. And what Swine said is true. Geti would be tired of all the shit you and people like you give him and the game. Geit is improving the game, its making it much more balanced.

The darker background would be great thanks!

19. PUNK123

ok?

honestly are you even reading what i post, or are you just assuming im arguing about gameplay mechanics?

i am talking about the scoreboard ffs

20. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I fixed boulders this build. I included a fix for slash cancelling this build. Enable buttons were fixed this build. TDM Traders are fixed next build. We're looking at fixing bodies. The implication that I never "bother" fixing anything is pretty disrespectful, considering the game is at a maintenance point of its lifecycle and MM is literally not working on the game, there's only so much I can fit into one day/week/month around TR development.
    The scoreboard override code is something that was explicitly requested by a group of members of the community, and the TDM scoreboard (as it is and the improved versions in the future) serve as an example of how to use it.

Bodies is something we're looking at for next build, and supplies (i assume you mean crates?) are in a mode that's been long beyond the scope of my care.
    People flying in the air is caused by clientside physics and isn't able to be fixed without a full netcode rework, which will never happen. I can draw an image of why it happens somewhere if you like but basically without server being authoritative about everything you can't prevent this.

I honestly don't believe you.