1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog BUILD 1537 - Quality of Life

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Try updating your graphic card drivers because it seems your ATi/AMD drivers are crashing (which is somewhat common, tbh). If it doesn't work what's your graphic card?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    bru-jaz and PUNK123 like this.
  2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

The font size of certain texts e.g. speech bubbles, has decreased. Was this an intentional change or not?

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Nice looking changes.

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I don't get why people voted in favor of the trap block change.
    And I don't understand why trap blocks aren't simply changed to combine trap block and platform functionality: they are passed by the enemy only in one direction (which tbh is what a "trap block" is all about imo), and still act as a solid block for your own team. This way you can still build the same traps (easier since you don't have to alternate platforms anymore), the enemy can't use it as a pop-up hiding place, your own team won't get killed by saw traps, and bad trap placement is still punished by the enemy being able to jump in and be safe from harm (the rats should love this).
    I don't see the downside, unless you consider easier and more effective traps a downside (it will be now possible to create permatraps without damage).

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

@heX_ Requiring players to commit suicide to escape is a major downside, especially for new players who aren't familiar with the option. Something else to consider is the fact that the least expensive trap is now the most efficient.

If you still feel like these aren't compelling reasons enough, feel free to test it out for yourself.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Cool, thanks. If I wanted to change how destructible they are, is it as simple as removing "StoneStructureHit" from the list of scripts in config? If i wanted to make them destructible by swords but not as destructible as wood, would that require writing a new script? Is it even possible? Can i make it so you can rotate trap blocks, or would it only work from the up and down sides? is there anywhere I can get more info on how to get started with this so I don't have to nag you with all these questions?

9. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Thanks. it seems to was my video drivers that made kag crash.
    -----------------------------
    Am I the only one with this bug?
    2015-07-07_00001.jpg
    The ESC menu wont hide if you want to open the server list.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  10. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

can we get a png file for what all the colors are for the new titles?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 7, 2015 ---
    Also can we not have normal arrows be one of the random drops?

11. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

All the colors are documented in LoaderColors.as, because most of the mechanisms make use of alpha channel to store additional information it's currently easiest to just build them in game and then savemap.

Yes, I was planning on changing the loot tables.

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/the-total-kag-modders-guide.22901/

blackjoker77777 and kodysch like this.
  12. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Things that should be fixed for me:

• Wood doors decay Under Water :
    I do not understand why this was nerfed.
    Wood doors are used much as a way to retrieve his breath underwater, especially since we lost our life much faster than before.
    in addition, they are very easy to destroy in builder, so why it was nerfed ?

• Boulder :
    I was a big fan, of the boulder melee in builder.
    But now it makes only 0.5 heart?
    the boulder bounces off the players, it does not kill. Why?

If I am wrong, tell me how to kill someone with a boulder, except be up more than 10 block height, and still I'm not sure that will work. For its price it's better to use spikes.

13. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I wouldn't mind the boulder getting a slight buff to damage, seems we nerfed it to hard.

14. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

With the cancel building button and objects give more mats buff, the wood decay made it seem like two steps forward and one step back for builder. As if it's not hard enough to play builder as it is, now we can't secure mid if it has water by it. The match was a lot of vets and jig and I were going back and forth the entire game only to lose our tunnels, ballistas, and entombments to enemy bomb spam. Not only that, but I couldn't get doors to protect a tunnel if my life depended on it.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: wood door "nerf" - wood doors in water were endless spam and counterable only by being a more tenacious ratshit tunneller. That's not fun for either team. You can invest stone in it now if you want an underwater door, but I've just been glad to have a proper counter to the intense tunneling that happens on a lot of the worse maps (and that counter can be mitigated with sponges rather than just outright ignored "lol door scuba" like you used to).

Re: boulder - eh i can kind of see your point but "lol instakill" is never a satisfying mechanic. "Builders have a hard time in combat" is not really a motive for me to change that. Use a drill/construct defenses/play smarter. Yes, it's better to use spikes. The only reason boulders haven't been flat out removed from CTF is that they're in the trailer and are vaguely usable with siege (though theres bugs there) - but when it comes down to it they're simply clutter content as is.
    "tell me how to kill someone with it" - its based on the speed; archers can sling-shot it and knights can use it as part of a stomp. Throwing it from standing will do nothing; but the ramp up of dmg is a lot lower than it used to be - it used to be 100% kill if it was off the ground, which is bullshit and was removed because it was bullshit.

Re: "builders are nerfd boo" - All the games I've played since the patch have been won 50% by a carry player (mostly knights, one archer cap) and 40% frontline builders, 10% by tunnel shitter play; their role has hardly changed other than getting more materials from breaking enemy defenses. I'm still thinking of an easy way to make the canopy work (carried, takes 50% of dmg given to you and everyone touching) which would allow frontline builders to effectively "tank" more hits, but honestly I see and participate in builder rushes that win often enough for me to be very skeptical of any claims it's somehow under powered.

heX_, rymcd and makmoud98 like this.
  16. TheDirtySwine

In public matches playing builder is very easy; however, when I'm trying to compete with another team full of smart players you can't get anything built up front without it being destroyed 30 seconds later. Because this game is more so aimed for public games I don't think builder is a problem in its current state, but when it comes to competitive play I question why its so easy to destroy shops, siege, etc.

To be a good builder nowadays, it basically comes down to map control and whoever has more resources to spam. Jigsaw and I made a ton of tunnels mid, only to be destroyed minutes later by flooding or other bomb spam. I made arounf 3 tunnels and two ballistas before I finally said fuck it and focused all of my attention towards a chicken cata. I think that it'd be more appropriate for builders to do more damage to other builders objects, not for a knight to come in spam bombs, drop a keg, and destroy a building that took 5 minutes to create.

Ideally I think that builders should do more damage to other builders creations. Why should a knight be able to keg drop a building that I spent a long time working on? I'd much rather have an enemy builder entomb himself in my building and break all the supports taking down the building, but killing himself in the process. I think the best solution would be to make builders a little more destructive, while nerfing the damage that bombs do to buildings and shops. A majority of my job is getting ladders up a tower and building a knight shop. Tunnels and siege are mostly just a luxury when all it takes is one good keg to open up a flag. If I build something poorly without supports in mind it should be my fault if the tower goes down to a keg, but when I've got supports all over the place and a keg jumper takes out a large part of it and finishes it off with bombs, why did I spend so much time in the first place?

I used to do a thing in classic where I would tunnel underneath enemy buildings and hit every single block until they each had one hit on them and then I would hit them all as fast as I could, which would cause an almost instantaneous collapse. It felt so rewarding to be able to do that as a builder because knights really relied on you to take out or capture enemy buildings. Now it's come down to knights just flying around killing and destroying everyone while my job is to make constant repairs while still trying to maintain map control etc. At this point I feel like I'm rambling but I think you get my point.

Also please fix it so doors block off light. This was really useful for Red Dawn Wolverine style traps. It also gives builders a stealth advantage

17. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

To be honest I love the wood door changes and everything else about this build(except how easy it is to fall through trap blocks by mistake).

Also I remember that match swine and I ended up finishing it as a front line builder with a wood wall to knight shop play(It was badass:heart:). Also I think tunnels, ballista's, and fast building won't hold up when the match is balanced with vets that play really well.

The only thing I would like to see is trap blocks being easier to navigate. I'm still falling in those dam saw/spike traps by accident haha. I'm sure there's an easy fix for that in the works and I blame myself for missing it in the change logs lol.

Keep up the good work Gatu, your poorly expressed KAG fanboys love you 5 eva.:wink:

18. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Swine. Please shut the fuck up. KAG is a game for numerous people, not just you.

TheDirtySwine likes this.
  19. TheDirtySwine

Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback. I am fully aware that this game has a community behind it and I post while keeping other builders in mind. I recommend you try and do the same.

Clev and PUNK123 like this.
  20. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

I feel offended.
    But seriously.. First day when I played new build, I forgot about wood door nerf and I was lil bit pissed off, because I had only 100 wood and 30 stone, so my ratplan gone bad (ded before I started tunneling). But now, after few days I think this is a good change. Why? - It's very easily to get wood.
    - Maybe now noobs (and me lol) will start to build a tree farms.
    - and thanks god Geti they will stop building 10-kilometer-long, indestructible underwater wooden door2door tunnels.
    I think we all just need to get used to it.

norill, Asu and SirDangalang like this.