1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog BUILD 1537 - Quality of Life

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 6, 2015.

1. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

You can. Just open the backpack and put it in. The only thing you're right about is endless water.
    There should be X water in every lake, hole (whatever).

Example:
    waternadas.png

I hope you know what I mean by "blocks". Water covers 11 blocks in this hole. Sponges should absorb X of water - Let's say it's 5. So if you throw sponge into this pond, it should absorb 5 and 6 "blocks of water should be still there. Throw another one, and only one block of water will remain.
    - Wait a second. One block you say?!
    Yeah.. and here we have a huge problem. How can you imagine this one block of water in this hole?

Like that?
    w1.png

Or maybe like that?
    we3.png

Oh wait, maybe like that:
    ww.png
    Yeah. Now imagine something else.
    Geti's face and his willingness to rewrite and code this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    Klokinator, Asu, SirDangalang and 4 others like this.
  2. MUH TERRARIA ;C

blackjoker77777 and Mazey like this.
  3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

for its cheap price it can absorb alot of water.

4. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Geti please fix /v_showminimap because even if it's turned off, you can open large preview by pressing M. This sucks. I wanted to make some maze maps and now this does not make sense anymore :rektlord:
    maze.png

5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

He was talking inside of the tunnels, which can grant you enough time to make a tunnel without drowning.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 10, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 10, 2015 ---
    With a mod we could do that, a custom water code, however I'm worried about the performances and how to acheive this. However it might give a really fun and nice aspect.

6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Wow wtf, since when can you put them in inventory :huh?:

7. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Since always, actually

blackjoker77777 and PUNK123 like this.
  8. PUNK123

I get now why geti is always pissed at bandwagoning and false statements

Joiken and 8x like this.
  9. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

No, I remember distinctly not being able to put sponges in inventory nor being able to go through a tp with a sponge in hand. Unless it was some weird modded server where this wasn't possible, but that seems pretty farfetched.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Use the rules var instead of a video setting for this. There's a complete disable of the minimap in gamemode.cfg (along with many many other things).

@heX_ with all due respect please just go test it. You can put sponges in inventory, and you can go through tunnels with them. There was an old bug where you couldn't go through any tunnel with anything in your hand, but that was since fixed. Sponges can suck up a crazy amount of water if they're used in the right way. No, you cant stand still with them in a doorway and expect good results ;) but you can wipe a good 10x2 dry easily with just one.

Sure, its silly they absorb more water when moving, but there are a lot of sillier things in KAG.

Vampire and RadioActive like this.
  11. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I DID test it after reading RA's post, that's why I was so surprised I could do it now. Was there during that time also a bug that you couldn't put sponges in inventory, because that would explain it. Otherwise I have no idea why I was so convinced I couldn't.

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Like water that respawns forever, defying all known laws of physics. In a game with a fairly common sense physics engine.

13. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Today I noticed that my favorite tower design does not work anymore because of (sorry) shitty trapblocks change. I got used to wood door nerf but I fucking can't to trapblocks. I wonder who voted for / wanted to have this change implemented (except Paralogia).. All good builders I know dislikes new trapblocks. The only positive thing about new trapblocks is that it's easier to climb up very high towers, but that's all.
    rip.png

14. PUNK123

The only use for the new trap blocks that are better than the past use is to spam against enemy towers. It is still a waste of stone but it is hard to remove and works for scaling. Then there is the spamming of trapblocks infront of doors to darken the rooms which doesnt have much of a use

bru-jaz and RadioActive like this.
  15. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Yeah Punk.. but everything else ... :down:
    All gud builders uses platforms to cover trapblocks so bombs etc. do shit.
    This happened to me or someone else:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2nd gif - happened to me many times, also I saw a lot of people dying like that and turning saws off.
    3rd gif - what if enemies destroyed spikes and I want to put new spikes? New trapblocks = useless, just can trap noob teammates
    If it's just "minimap = no", then it does not work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2015
  16. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Tons of people getting stuck in team traps since the change. Also nobody secures tp anymore. Still don't like the new trapblocks.

Snake19 likes this.
  17. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Indeed. i came here today to mention that issue.

I was playing a watermap, where it's very common to build trapblocks above the water so you dont sink over and over (and since now you drown in 1 sec, it's even more important). I found that many times when you jump from a little tower to trapblocks(or even when you just stand over it!) you pass through them and fall in water...

RadioActive likes this.
  18. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

I think this goes for all items.

I don't have a consistant repro case for the bug. But every once in a while it seems that an item will disappear when you try to inventory it, and the inventory slot that it would have been on becomes unavailable, although it looks empty.

Once you die and/or your corpse is turned to gibs, the lost item will reappear as if it was there all along.

Lost reference somewhere perhaps?

19. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Hmm, that must've been it then. Freak accident (I've never noticed that particular bug), and also during the time you couldn't go thru tp with items, and it always stuck in my mind like that. Very glad I was wrong about that , sponges through tp is gonna be a lifesaver at times ::):

20. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I'd personally much rather have the ability to stop enemies who use giant dirt spike pits as tunnels to victory, than the ability to place a wood spike on a wall to deal a bit of damage, but that's just me I guess. I get all the other irritations surrounding accidentally falling through them, but hopefully that can be fixed as it seems like the trap blocks open sometimes even without the player opening them (or a team mate opens them and you fall).
    I've also noticed this, but only ever as archer with bomb arrows oddly enough. It also seems that it will return if I exhaust all other ammo off that type (or special arrows in general, not sure), the ammo returns to my inventory and can be used, sometimes.