1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 190 Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Aug 9, 2012.

Mods: jackitch
  1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Please read everything before replying.

Alright, so here's the deal, this isn't a traditional server, as you can't access it with your normal kag client at all. It's a server from build 190, the workshop build. Many of the older players feel that this part of kag's life was the most fun and addicting, so we're attempting to build a small to medium sized sub-community that's willing to deal with playing kag without a master server or premium features at all, and the reward is (in our opinion, compared to the current build, ofc) a funner, albeit a bit laggy, gameplay experience.

Here's the download link( https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk8a85a0c778z1c/KAG190.rar ) for the b190 client, and there's some details I need to tell you also.

First off, you'll need to copy your version.txt file from the app folder of your normal kag client(usually located at C:/kag/app), this will stop the b190 client from updating, you will need to do this for every update to the normal kag client.

Secondly, Here's the current ip/port 99.124.133.242:50301. Coughdrop is hosting currently, but that may change in the future. Since there is no linux build, I cannot host a dedicated server myself, it needs to be done on a windows dedicated server, or a windows home pc. The server info will also be provided in the b190 official irc channel(and it'll probably be more up-to-date than this thread), #kag.190, on Quakenet, here's a webchat link: http://irc.lc/quakenet/kag.190/Scrub@@

Third, there are no accounts, you can assign yourself any name you see fit in the autoconfig.gm file located in the scripts folder. We don't care what you use for your name, but please, no impersonating anyone, that's just rude. If you're caught impersonating anyone you will be banned from the kag 190 irc and the server itself, this means you won't get any updates as to what the ip of the server we're playing on is, and since there's no master server for it, good luck finding the server.

Since accounts won't exist, I suggest frequently joining the irc channel. Getting yourself an authname with Quakenet will also be helpful in seeing who you really are. Those who do well might receive rcon on the server and operator status on the irc(Only if you have an authname![Contrary is an exception that lazy bastard])

Here's a video, courtesy of Contrary, of us playing b190. Please excuse the swearing, we do that a lot :)

Hella, justi01, Arcrave and 7 others like this.
  2. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

b190 is fun and has a much higher skill cap than the current build of cap. If you want to play with some great people as well as get a challenging experience this is the best bang for your buck. I will be playing this quite a bit. (don't impersonate rayne seeing as that's the default name.)

Rayne likes this.
  3. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Will forever log in as "RAYNES_TNY_PNS"

Also my voice is sexy...

Mods: jackitch