1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 190

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Creille, May 17, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

There is no linux server.
    None at all, if we were to "find" one, I would just host it, as I have linux servers.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fact is that the old source control died so we can't rebuild. Yeah yeah make backups of backups, currently the source is backed up across 5 or more machines back to about Christmas. We swapped from svn to hg because of that nice side effect. It sucks, but at least we didn't lose everything. As I've said to a few people, I'd rather just get combat back to feeling fun than reverse engineer a nostalgia machine for people. That's literally the only thing besides squeezing that was 'better' back then Imo. Doing a combat tweak session tonight with the testers so we can work on more content asap.

Lord_bugg, Noburu, SARGRA13 and 4 others like this.
  3. Creille

Creille Base Burner

yeah that'd be good hope the next update out is a good one :)
    Also should we send you any of our old builds that we have stored away? As there've been lost?
    Also do the Dev. Team mind us tampering with the KAG files?

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yes, don't hack the binaries as it's both against the terms of service and a dick move in general. You can modify the content files, but no binary mods kthx.

Only bother sending old builds if you have all 3 copies of them, windows, linux, and linux server (+osx if it was out then). There's a B190 floating around thats windows only, which rules out 100% of good server hosting.

Ghozt and Rayne like this.
  5. Creille

Creille Base Burner

yeah I meant in terms of modding and such not to "hack" it or anything :P

6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

"Modding" the binaries is the same thing as hacking them.
    Do not touch the binaries please.

Ghozt likes this.
  7. Creille

Creille Base Burner

binaries i dont touch them i just mean Rules - CTF or RTDM or RCTF or Zombie's or server scripts
    haha i'm to much of a coding noob to do anything bad :P

Ghozt likes this.
  8. Geti

Cool, yes you can modify those. There are significantly more options in newer KAG for that though.

Ghozt likes this.
  9. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Yeah it's great also I love the way you've organized the dedicated__autostart :)

Ghozt likes this.