1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 200 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Strength in numbers is one thing, but the complete inability for even the most elite to hold off more than one guy can make things a little stupid.

Noburu likes this.
  2. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Two guys are normally not so much a problem for me, 3 guys it gets harder... But the main reason why this is is because we only have double slashes instead of ... infinite slashes as long as we hit someone... somthing that I fully support (not to have that is) Being able to basically cut through 5-6 people is just silly. I like it more this way even if the knight is not as crowd controll savy as he was before.

EDIT: Wait why are you posting this in the Build 200 thread?...

3. Chiguireitor

Chiguireitor Shopkeep Stealer

Exactly, and because it is a game, devs must make sure that one player can't be a total crowd control, because that would be a too steep curve for newbies to learn online (most skill based games are hard to get into for newbies if they don't have a "level" filter so newbies don't get raped, like "you can only attack players 10 levels below and abover yours").

Making the classes well balanced is enough so everyone gets in, and gives the newbies a chance to get a good grasp of the game.

However, skillful bomb throwing is VERY dangerous from the hands of an elite knight or counter productive when a n00b uses it (like me :D).

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Contrary: The section you quoted wasn't aimed at everyone, simply those who get irked by the changes each build, sorry for the confusion.

I'm really enjoying the combat of 203 so we'll see how it plays out with a bit more time.

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

6. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Glad to see that you read the suggestions and keep some in mind.
    On the other note, how come friendly arrows don't go through the catapult? I didn't think about it that much until today, strangely enough.

Noburu likes this.
  7. Noburu

Yeah lot of the new ppl dont know and keep shooting their own teams catas dead while trying to attack the enemy. I dont know if its viable because i think catas are neutral and dont have a "team".

EDIT: This thread needs to be locked, all discussion should go to here now:

http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/build-203-released.1825/

8. ilaks

I was aware that the arrows didn't go through, but it wasn't until today i thought "Well why not?".
    Well as much as the catapults aren't connected to a specific team, you should still be able to destroy the enemy ones with arrows. Maybe they should be connected to a team after all?

9. Noburu

10. ilaks

Nah man, it's cosy in here.

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Arrows used to go through allied catapults but then archers would just sit inside catapults, shooting and no one would be able to kill them. Though that was back when it took minutes of straight shooting to take down a cata.

Alright that closes that convo, move on to new thread.

Noburu likes this.