1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2019 - Getting the Ball Rolling Again

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

No the problem is that you CAN'T do it now

joshua12131415 likes this.
  2. should be fixed next build (hopefully you would not have to wait another 6 months for it)
    what's wrong with drill? we need details pls

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The longer stun is to also make "taking" tunnels more powerful. Tunnel traps at home indeed work at 100% efficiency (though you can still cause havoc going through with a lit keg) but now if you get access to a tunnel room you can fairly easily kill attackers that come through. Honestly, I know stuns are never going to be popular but they're important for pacing.

Not without having 2 separate entries for them, in the current shop code. It's not a rabbit hole I feel like going down, honestly. Builders are basically always rich anyway. I understand that you get free wood and can stockpile sponges but

Next update (other than fixes for this build) is likely to be the APIClient change. After that, we'll see.

Please whenever you're talking about clantags include context - I assume here that you mean on the scoreboard, but its not clear :) there's 3 cases where clantags were rendered that changed.

I'm not sure about this. The hovermessages form visual clutter and obscure the screen, and while "most of the time" It wouldn't matter, the times when they block something would be guaranteed to be pretty salty. What are other folk's thoughts?

Agree with norill about the drill - what exactly is "broken" about the drill hitboxes?

4zK likes this.
  4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Sorry I misread it before. I'm not sure if it was an intentional change but it should be added back again.
    Yes, I'm referring to the scoreboard. If you make the spacing smaller and align the clan tags to the right as @Potatobird suggested I think it would look better.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

on clantags in scoreboard:
    5 chars:
    [​IMG]
    3 chars:
    [​IMG]
    No tag:
    [​IMG]

This is the same distance, but right-aligned - as you can see this distance is more or less required to fit the maximum clantag length.
    We could drop the alignment, but I think that loses some of the clarity... Remember the point of this change was to make it more clear that the tag is separate. Who'd be in favour of that? (the killfeed is already unaligned, so it'd be consistent at least, I guess)

6. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

The grey colour makes it clear that it's a clan tag rather than part of your name. If you drop the alignment people will still be able to distinguish between the clan tag and name. The only downside is that it may look unclear, as you said before.
    I think removing the alignment would still look better because there wont be a huge space if someone doesn't have a clan tag.

7. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I played for a little bit last night and noticed a similar issue with spikes. I was unable to damage spikes unless I was essentially right on top of them, so it was very difficult to destroy one without taking damage.

8. Geti

The flowers thing is fixed next build (though you do have to stand on top of them) - the builder code was changed to require overlaps for static, non-collidable blobs - however, it turns out there are a lot of those that it'd be nice to be able to hit from a bit further away. I'll look into a better solution for this today.

E: Last hour or so:
    • Fixed attacking spikes (also overrides targetting same-tile backwall which was a common frustration - it's not perfect but it's the builder code so what do you expect)
    • Fixed attacking trees from a little further away (heard some gripes in-game so gave them the same treatment as spikes) (doesn't apply to bushes or flowers or anything like that since they are definitely not priority)
    • Un-aligned names on the scoreboard (we'll see what people think)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    epsilon likes this.
  9. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Really nice update. Love that the mining keeps count of the mats you've gathered. The only minor problem i've seen was that when a game finishes, it takes a little long for it to end before the new game begins. I'm not sure if its to improve loading for the next game or a bug.

bru-jaz, Geti, norill and 1 other person like this.
  10. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

CTF restart is too long but TDM restart is perfect.

daskew87 likes this.
  11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Pls add back cornerpicking spikes, can't destroy them anymore (assume that's the reason)

Cobramuziek86 likes this.
  12. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

I must of overlooked the added time thing in the change log. Belay my last message then.

13. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hey Geti, found a bug:
    When grappling over as seen in my incredible paintshoped screenshot, you can get inside the structure with some momentum. Really easy to reproduce. upload_2016-10-27_23-10-11.png

bru-jaz and norill like this.
  14. It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢. reason it is longer in CTF and TTH is that matches themselves are longer too. extra time is to allow players to enjoy victory/swallow sadness, talk about the match, keg the shit out of bases, and most importantly to give time for people who are done to quit BEFORE the next map (when the team scrambling kicks in), because if they quit after they will usually imbalance teams.

Asu, Osmal, Noburu and 3 others like this.
  15. Geti

All that said I'm happy to drop it to 20 seconds from 25 next build to see how it goes :)

This particular case I think is fixed next build - it also helps with those 1-tile gap glitches but we'll see if it messes anything else up :) Thanks for the repro image.

I addressed this above, better than before next build

Noburu, Mazey, epsilon and 2 others like this.
  16. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

What happeend to the in-scoreboard player counter @norill said he made?
    As usually with changes, i dont feel comfortable with the clan tag/ empty space in the left side of the name. Im so used to read player's names next to the left border.
    I would prefer clantags be in the right side of the name in the scoreboard. Hope someone share my view.

17. Geti

Not sure what you're talking about so I'll let him answer.

I've already removed the alignment completely so there's no empty space between the left border and the clantag+name. The clantag is in a different colour still.

I wouldn't be comfortable changing the order of clantag and name unless I could change it everywhere (chat included, or remove it from chat).

bru-jaz and epsilon like this.
  18. Geti

missed this for 2020, it'll be in whatever comes next

19. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Generally speaking, sometimes the drill doesnt always connect with the blocks that you're mining infront of you, and more troubling it, from time to time, doesnt connect with the player youre attacking(so they could pick you 1-2 times before you start drilling).

20. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

About drill, it's very chaotic. Sometimes you drill someone who is literally standing on your face and it does no damage but sometimes you just kill everything that's on your way. Same with blocks, it has tendency to skip random blocks right next to you not damaging them at all. (ill try making some videos when i have some time)
    On another note thx for bodies change but imo they should be even weaker than now. 2-3 hit for body would be great, even then it would took some time to clean up caves flooded with bodies.
    Another cool thing for builder to let them place blocks on hearts and maybe logs.
    Bout spikes, their hitboxes were always annoying so you could make them little bigger.
    Another thing i noticed after update is that spikes/doors/trapblocks still remain under cursor. Before i think they used to vanish after you were out of mats. It's little annoying cos thats how i would tell im out of mats but i guess i'll just get use to it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    norill and PUNK123 like this.