1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2027 - More Cleaning Up

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 4, 2016.

?

Linux/OSX Users - did this build help with your crashing?

Poll closed Nov 11, 2016.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. No (please give more info in the thread!)

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. I am not a Linux/OSX User

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Everyone!

Last build went about as well as we could have hoped, but there have still been a few rough edges. Most of those should be fixed with this build.
    • Building on top of some annoying objects (Logs/hearts) is now possible - let us know if you have any items you'd like to see added to this list. It does cause some icky physics issues that we'll look into soon; a fix for the underlying problem there has been in the works for a long time.
    • Extremely high speed archer grappling in some circumstances has been fixed.
    • Bucket not working for putting out fires fixed.
    • A few collision consistency problems were sorted out.
    • Some fishy behaviour with the fish was sorted out (you can keep them alive with splashes now)
    • Fixed missing closing parenthesis in vote passed/failed message.
    • Material counter totals ever-increasing when juggling an item has been fixed.

Linux/OSX Potential Fixes:

This build may fix the prevailing "crash bug" for Linux and OSX users - please let us know if you still have that crash, as we unfortunately haven't been able to get good coverage while testing it!

Have fun!
    Max

Code:
    Changelog:
    [fixed] missing paren in voting
    [fixed] shot in a heart causing high speed
    [fixed] bucket
    [fixed] ever-increasing totals in hover messages for material counters when "juggling"
    [modified] match timer starts when the build time is over (thanks makmoud98)
    [removed] DecayInWater.as from things that have IgnoreDamage.as anyway
    [fixed?] linux/osx crashes
    [fixed] steak and grain not colliding with platforms
    [added] steak and grain collide with arrows
    [removed] hearts colliding with each other mid-air
    [removed] "food" tag (only used in 1 place)
    [modified] building blocks on logs and hearts now possible (what other items should be possible?)
    [fixed] extremely high speed archer grappling on flat ground
    [fixed] fishy not colliding with platforms
    [fixed] fishy dying on water splash hit
    [fixed] "cant build here" indicator being vertical for horizontal ladders

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Build isn't out on all platforms or steam yet, but I'm getting the thread up early rather than late this time to hopefully cut down on the amount of "WHERE ARE THE SERVERS?!" threads/chats/pms (haha, I wish)

E: should be out now across all platforms and on steam!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Hell yeah, the "food arrow" is so awesome :B):

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@norill enemy markers should dim/be disabled depending on light level. Or if that's too difficult they should just be completely disabled for enemies.
    Geti approves :wink:
    upload_2016-11-4_18-16-20.png

5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Noooooooooooooo!

Petition to reintroduce high speed archer grappling.

6. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Nice fixes. Norill could you make bodies even less immue to pickaxe? Right now you need to hit it 6 times to destroy it which is still pretty annoying also pls bring back block dissapearing after you're out of mats :^) pls

LinkLoftwing, norill and makmoud98 like this.
  7. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I had the issue where my water bomb collided with a heart and exploded in my face. Can you make it so explosives don't collide with hearts and any other similar items that might behave this way?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 4, 2016 ---
    Just a reminder that name tab autocomplete still doesn't work. I rely on this feature!
    @norill in regards to player marking, is there a way I can manually add/remove usernames for people who are marked? Is there like a config file which has a list of usernames of players who I have marked?
    Also do the player's you've marked stay marked when you leave a server or if you close KAG?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    daskew87, bru-jaz and norill like this.
  8. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

The crash on kill stuff is fixed for me, thanks!

9. im working on it
    bodies thing sounds reasonable, but we need to come up with a good way to solve out of mats block selection issue. and by "we" i mean "you" :P
    i'll test bombs vs hearts and fix it later.
    autocomplete should be fixed in this build, but something went wrong with build servers and it didnt include that fix. furai is working on it.
    player marks aren't saved in a cfg, but we are considering it (but this is medium priority, first i need to fix markers disappear when dead and visible underground)

10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey,

Due to an error with our build server not all the fixes were included in the previous build. I've resolved the issues.

The most noticeable fix will be that the tab nick completion will work now as expected.

Cheers,
    Furai

epsilon and norill like this.
  11. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Yes! I can already see the pro archers shooting away hearts and killing you and blocking with burgers XD

an_obamanation likes this.
  12. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Yep, but they can also use hearts as shields too. Which is really annoying in long range archer fights, if you're doing a 2v1 and kill one guy then his heart will be a shield for the living person. It is funny when the heart flies across the map though.

13. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  14. LinkLoftwing

LinkLoftwing Base Burner

Please put votes back to the way they were. I just got out of a match with clanmates where there were 3 griefers, with majority votes to kick, but not enough people voted. We had to deal with them for the rest of the long, agonizing map. I'm sure others have similar experiences.
    Also, a request: Please allow unicode characters to be used in clantags. Nova feels left out.
    Keep up the work. :)

bru-jaz, jimmyzoudcba, Vamist and 4 others like this.
  15. Bint

Bint Haxor

Saw a 9 v 1 votekick fail but a 10 v 2 passed (out of 19), wat.

Osmal, bru-jaz, franek123 and 3 others like this.
  16. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Currently, more than half the players in the server need to vote yes for a vote to happen, so 9/19 doesn't do the trick while 10/19 does. I have to agree that the current voting system isn't working out, most of the people in a server don't care at all about votes, so they just never pass.

17. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

I'm totally okay whis Vamist, i can only play TDM, even basic CTF servers happen to crash, and for me it happen when we are around 10 on custom server, this really keep everyones away from any servers since everytimes we lost our work

18. Theodore433

Theodore433 Arsonist

A 'no' vote here, unfortunately.

Running OSX 10.8.5.
    Uninstalled and tried a second time: no modes work, nothing has changed on my end (crashes while loading configs). Tried all previous things (i.e. verify cache, uninstall/reinstall again, allow app in firewall settings etc.) to no avail. Glad to see it is working for at least one other person though! Hopefully other people will also have it fixed for them.

19. Geti

Can you please upload logs of any crashing launches? Crashing while loading configs is not what happened for the other users (they crashed when killing someone) so this sounds like a separate issue.

Agree. Norill is planning on discussing the situation here and implementing the results of that discussion - I'd rather not have 2 hands meddling with it! Might be worth talking about changing the value of an abstain vote (currently it's effectively the same as a "no", before it was completely removed from the equation). Might also be worth removing the abstain contribution again but raising the percent or similar.

I'd generally prefer to er on the side of "nothing happens if people dont engage" and players reap what they sow, but clearly that's not what you guys are after :)

20. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

We build KAG on OSX 10.9.5. On older versions of Mac than this the game might not run at all and keep crashing.

Theodore433 likes this.