1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2027 - More Cleaning Up

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 4, 2016.

?

Linux/OSX Users - did this build help with your crashing?

Poll closed Nov 11, 2016.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. No (please give more info in the thread!)

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. I am not a Linux/OSX User

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  1. Theodore433

Theodore433 Arsonist

Ah! That would explain it. No sense searching for solutions then if that's the case, considering how long I have had this issue. I will have to find a PC of some sort in the near future; Butcher is really great, and has surely helped me feel better about the whole situation, but a year without kag (with one exception recently because of a borrowed laptop) is quite saddening. Thanks for the reply.

2. LinkLoftwing

LinkLoftwing Base Burner

I totally understand where you're coming from, but in an action-based game like KAG, it's sort of difficult to pay attention to the game and vote at the same time. Some people also just don't care enough to vote, or just want to leave the decision up to other people. Voting was perfectly fine before the latest round of changes because the majority always won, justice was always delivered to those who broke the rules (well, usually...), and peace was usually maintained.
    Thank you for listening to our opinions! :D

bru-jaz and norill like this.
  3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oh an annoying thing and a suggestion I always forget to mention:
    Enemy corpses on the field make mines explode. This is the logic for the "throw a corpse on a mine of yours", but in many cases, when a mine falls from vertical doors or get's launched with a trampoline, it's annoying when it hits a static corpse (just a corpse laying on the ground) and explodes. I suggest that only non-static corpses make mines explode.

norill and epsilon like this.
  4. the whole corpse mine detonating thing is a stupid bug that people got too attached to. corpses should be useless

5. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I like it, but I also liked corpse blocking so maybe I don't have the most popular opinion. I think most people including myself thought it was a feature because from a logical standpoint it makes sense that a body will detonate a mine.

bru-jaz likes this.
  6. from a logical standpoint everything heavy would detonate a mine, including teammates. but that would suck. so the most realistic thing isnt necessarily the most fun thing

7. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Hi, your build fucked shit up.

8. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

LOL this is the best bug ever

We must use this time to take advantage of this weapon!

bru-jaz likes this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Removing this fixed solid corpses(that was utter cancer) id be fine seeing corpse igniting go if it could be placed with something else as viable as that(chickens are too expensive).

Yagger likes this.
  10. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

FYI the archer bug I reported last build is still present in the latest version.

11. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I'm not sure if this has been reported, but the voting calculations are messed up.

It often counts more the total as higher than it should be. Like there'll be a 3v1 vote on a 5-player team. But it will say it failed (out of 7). I'm not sure if it's counting spectators or admins on the other team, but it's messed up. Also the surrender votes appear for admins on the other team, but they can't interact with them in any way. (Can't even click the box to make it go away).

I know there are changes planned for the voting either way, but this has been causing some problems lately.

12. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

When on mac and changing smooth shading on and off deletes all graphics and only leaves the hud (basically everything is black). I'll test it some more tomorrow and see if it does it if vsync is on etc.

13. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

please dont! dont ever remove the corpses detonating the mines. it's a nice feature.

this looks awesome, actually

14. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

So people who don't vote default to voting no? If so, they shouldn't even be counted.

bru-jaz likes this.