1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 203 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Guess it would be a waste not to post it when we have video of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLejaVgTiDE&feature=youtu.be

Big thanks to Trelawney for recording this and not ignoring my find on irc... so much fun.

And as for repairing bugs... we made 2 race tracks for drag race and I won... on my screen... I lost on Shadlington screen... MM could you fix synchronization on the racing feature? XD

Trelawney made 720p version with no sound (for now?) if anybody wants.

PS. Need new patch, can't find much more new bugs...

illu, Downburst and Noburu like this.
  2. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

WTF HAHA EPIC!

3. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

The epic part is when you move so fast that when you collide with enemy (builder/archer) at high speed he will be thrown up like in car hit & run.

Valkyrie and Noburu like this.
  4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So you need dense stone floor to do this or just tons of flat land?

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You don't even need "tons" of flat land, any old stretch will do - just keep shielding.
    On this list of stuff to fix. MM's gonna do this: <_< as he's been away a few days and the bug list hasn't stopped growing.

6. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

7. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Sorry, my bad :p

8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

*Wonkyth is tempted to edit all the posts related to the racing bug feature.

Edit: one down, a few more to go!

9. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Great thanks!!! We can finally make underground racing and know who won!!!

And yes [joke] Geti means the synchronization bug not the AWESOME racing feature :p

10. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

By the way, I'm experience a bug when I join a server that can host 64 players. When there are around 50 out of 64 players on a server, and I try to join it, the game crashes. This has happened on multiple, time-spaced occasions.

11. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The game isnt stable past 32 players currently. If you play on a server with more than that, you just have to accept the problems.

12. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Fun build, as always! It took me quite some time to gather my thoughts on it. Overall, i think things are looking better than ever!

As usual, these are just my thoughts, and are intended to be as constructive, not demanding, as possible.

Knight Combat:
    Clashing is cool, but something seems off. It seems unpredictable, probably because ping and prediction are at odds for something that requires such exact timing. Perhaps a tiny stun (.2 - .5 sec) could help the players "feel" the clash, as well as slow the flow of combat a tad to lessen the need for ping prediction.

The removal of stun after a poke seems unintuitive for both the attacker and victim. A small stun is, in my opinion, necessary to properly be rewarded / punished for a successful attack. I think this is most important when a poke has interrupted someone charging. In my opinion, getting interrupted while charging should have significant punishments no matter what form the attack was (sword, arrow, or hammer). However, The stun received outside of charging should be short enough to let a knight put up his shield before the next attack. Meaning: stun time < poke animation time unless it was a charge interruption.

(When i refer to 'stun', i mean both movement and attacks are not available for a short time.)

Archers:
    Trees have been very scarce due to a combination of bridge spam, and more importantly, the default server settings that were shipped with this build. Mountain maps do not grow trees on the mountain, which creates a tough time for archers regarding both ammo, and also limiting the ability to tree climb, something that i think archers need to have the opportunity to do more often. I would personally love a flat map generator, which has trees throughout, to be the default for next build. I've also always thought that archers should spawn with a few arrows by default (5-6?).

Bridges:
    The new bridges have made ladders obsolete. It is very unintuitive, to me, that a player can cross these bridges vertically faster than a ladder. If possible, perhaps moving though them vertically should be very very slow in comparison to moving vertically on a ladder. This would reduce their usefulness as a ladder replacement, in turn, lessening the 'bridge spam'. I also think that being unable to break them as you do similar wooden blocks (doors) is also unintuitive.

FuzzyBlueBaron, illu, Noburu and 4 others like this.
  13. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

This is the best suggestion I've seen for "fixing" drawbridges. I've been trying to wrap my head around why they seem OP and this is exactly it. I like being able to move through my own bridges, but it shouldn't be faster than climbing something specifically designed for verticle movement.

Edit: This should move to Suggestions to get some attention/discussion.

14. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Building one tile of outpost near bottom of map will create outpost, however it will also destroy the ground beneath your feet and kill you.

15. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

[​IMG]
    Bombed it, didn't fall... maybe the picture can help figure out what did go wrong...

16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sometimes (not sure the whys) bridges end up being dirt background (if you properly break them you can get this to make floating structures), I can try and reproduce it one of these days to recall the exacts, but basically that'll keep it floating.

17. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/build-203-released.1825/page-3#post-30438

If you can make this without spikes, that would be quite contribution for dev team.